What apps do you want?

Guest muff

Hi all

This is intended as a prelude to a survey.

there are 2 questions. (please give only 1 answer to each, so that we know it's your top answer)

1. What application do you most want to see on the SPV?

2. What application would you be prepared to pay for on the SPV?

The idea is to help the developers start to produce apps (and to a lesser extent, games) that are more target to what the community wants

PLEASE NOTE - APPLICATIONS ONLY , NOT GAMES, IN THIS TOPIC

muff

Guest skjelnes
Hi all

This is intended as a prelude to a survey.

1. What application do you most want to see on the SPV?

2. What application would you be prepared to pay for on the SPV?

muff

1. An application that makes it possible to cut, copy and paste in any program or dialogbox.

2. The same.

I'd like to see a full featured VNC client. SmartVNC was an excellent start

but it kind of died a death. :)

Also, how about an app to send and receive faxes from the SPV? Not sure

if this would be possible though.

Sorry but another thought in addition to my post ... In Switzerland SWISSCOM (the main operator) offers the possibility to track a handy (if and only if the owner agrres).

In addition to a map software this feature could be extremely handy, as it offers basically the same as a GPS would.

Guest chucky.egg
...the possibility to track a handy ... basically the same as a GPS

We have this in the UK and it's not very accurate. In my town it cant seem to get any more accurate than "within 1.8 Km"

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest zeta101

1. GPRS counter, so u knwo how much u have used etc, doesnt have to be that advanced, there is one but its quite expensive for something that should be a standard feature.

2. hmmmm, ill think of something later.

I would very much like to see (and would actually be willing to pay for) Science software. Educational science software for use at High School, College, Uni etc. For use in Chemistry, Physics, Math. You know, a program that makes such things as graphs and advanced calculations easy. For example could program that calculates pH from only pKs (pKb) and the koncentration.

Guest zeta101

On a similar note, I would pay for a much more advanced calculator. I have an html version that someone made, but this is still quite limited and its slow in operation. Features i would like to see include:

*Full scientific functions, trig, log, natural log, exp, plus other functions you see on standrad scienctific calcs.

*Ability to save numbers into memory slots. ie when you calculate something and you want to use it later, you can save it into "memory slot 1" or something. Add to this the ability to set up a list of scientific constants, which u can pick from a list during calculations.

*Ability to graph functions, ie you typ in y=x^2 and a graph of it is produced. Ability to then zoom/scroll on this graph and also add other functions which appear in different colours.

*Ability to graph data, basically you enter x and y coordinates so you can see your data, also perhaps the ability for a line of best fit to be drawn..

Graphical calculators have a lot of other functions too, but i think this would be a good start for scientists. I think the phone could handle this with no problems, the processor is fast enough i reckon.

I think this is a good piece of generic software for scientists, and i think many of them would pay for it (id pay if it was less than £10).

one thing to bear in mind is that there is no floating point support on this chip, so highly accurate mathematical stuff will either be slow, or else based on some fixed point system (which would get hairy with complex calculations)