Uncertified Apps that work/don't work on the Samsung i600.

Guest nickcornaglia

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the i600 today from Verizon but am not getting the wireless package just yet. I was wondering if software/ringtones/wallpaper/screensavers/games could still be installed via the link cable or the IR port rather than direct download over CDMA network? Thank you. -Malkie

Thank you for the 411. I wasn't 100%. My phone should arrive by wed. I tried the SD apps in the store and found WMV to be alitte choppy but music sounded f'n great even from the speaker phone! L8r. Malkie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tcwatkins
There is a bit of an inconsistency from phone to phone as to which applications work. Most problems arise when trying to install an uncertified applications. Some install for some and not for others.

[Uncertified Applications that install by dropping in the EXE:

Orneta Notepad

Uncertified Applications that WON'T

Orneta Notepad (encece)

Does Orneta Notepad install? If so, what does "dropping in the EXE" mean?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The PocketTV Team
Do you think that's real???? Posted by a member with a mispelling...MSMOBLIES with 2 posts?????

I just tried it, it DOES work :lol: :D :( :(

In fact it's the exact same patch that we tested last month, so it's risk free, and it does work.

and it does not look like a mispelling: MS-MOB-LIES ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Nukl3ar

Ok apparently I'm a bit thick but I've looked around the forum & cant find anywhere detailing the method of "dropping the exe" into the i600. Can someone please help out here? This is my first experience w/ a smartphone and it's getting frustrating that very little of the software seems to install. Also, what do I do w/ cab files? Do these need to go in a specific folder as well? Any help would be appreciated.

• 10 months later...
Guest Bargeman

Hello, I have a Verizon Samsung I-600 running 2003. I have several themes that i would like to run both cab and Install exe types. They will not install do to permission denial. Is this a cert/decert issue? If so can I get them to install? and How?

Thanks,

Bargeman :?:

Guest SinisterJunkie

This is an issue with the registry being partially locked down. Themes that change additional screen, besides just the homescreen won't work. One way to use most of the theme is to unpack the CAB file and manually rename all of the files and copy to your phone based on the locations in the _setup.xml file.

• 2 months later...