Powerpoint Remote and Media Remote are released by now!

Guest Dumdidum

Guest Dumdidum

I have now released the new betas of

:arrow: Powerpoint Remote (0.5.1) and

:arrow: Media Remote (0.9.8 )

Powerpoint Remote has been improved significantly and should now work correctly!

They both have a new installer (wise), thus the installation problems should now be solved

Make sure that you have installed the embedded Visual Basic runtimes (avalaible here: www.ruttensoft.com)

For more informations visit www.ruttensoft.com

Sven Rutten

Guest nedge2k

2m!? Im gettin at least 7 and i dont have the new rom. Remote works great except that i need a dial-up connection for it to work! Without connection my IP is 127.0.0.1 and media remote doesnt like it. With connection its something like 258.105.228.89 and it works fine, although it changes with every new connection. Am i doing something wrong? To get my IP i enter cmd.exe and run either "ping computer (my comp's name)" or "ipconfig". Also i've noticed that the sound quality has been reduced quite a bit. Apart from that (and the other thing i drunkenly PM'd you about last night :oops: ), its awsome. Just walked to the kitchen flicking through the tracks as i went :)

Guest Dumdidum

Hm in that case you don't have yet broadband connection... :D

NO 127.0.0.0 is the localhost-IP, that can only be accessed on the same PC :D

I will check that, which windows do you have?

the PM was funny :)

Guest nedge2k

Cheers mate. Works a treat.

@Dumdidum

Yeah i got broadband but it runs off USB and the laptop only has one port :) so if i want internet and bluetooth at the same time i have to use PCMCIA 56k modem. Doesnt matter now anyway, MS Loopback Aptaptor has sorted it out. Jus gota get me a cheap USB hub. Oh yeah, running XP. Gonna install Longhorn 4051 soon. Be interesting to see how it works with that OS. Gotta get more RAM first and clock my CPU.

Guest t3dluke

Why dont you just put in the computer name eg LUKESDESKTOP is what I use and that works, IP is 10.0.0.x assigned by DHCP from the router. Works fine. Having trouble getting powerpoint working though as it wont let me type in the box where it says file path, maybe i missed something in the installation.

Guest mavisdavis

I've tried everything to get media player working but all i get is connection error check ip address. is it possible someone who has got this working can put up a step by step guide pls in the desktop app i c;ick config and type one of the assigned ip addresses into config of the phone but get the same result with both:D

running xp pro and on 1MB broadband

Guest kiffy
has anyone seen anything similar to media remote for pocket pc?

There is an MSDN Article that has the source code for what you are looking for. If you need this compiling or want any changes let me know.

Guest Dumdidum
Longhorn 4051

It is working on Longhorn 4051 - I have tested it myself :)

But longhorn 4051 has a lot of bugs and is not stable!

Guest Dumdidum
Having trouble getting powerpoint working though as it wont let me type in the box where it says file path, maybe i missed something in the installation.

If it does not recognize the path automaticly (should work with XP and Powerpoint 2003) you can manually select the path by clicking on the left button "Path of Powerpoint"

If you do not see this path, you have to download the newest version!

Guest idavid

There is an MSDN Article that has the source code for what you are looking for. If you need this compiling or want any changes let me know.

good spot kiffy. dont understand anything in it though to be honest! would really like to see someone put it together though :wink:

Guest t3dluke

The current remotes for PPC are overly complex in their display, a port of media remote using the same interface would be great. I could use the WLAN on my PDA then so the range would be massive!

Guest Pulse

Seriously great application dumdidum!!! Even if I am sat on my pc right now, controlling my music by my phone. haha. It'll be good for when I got a lady round :)

Guest Dumdidum

Yes and 4 is for Fullscreen and 5 to shut down desktop PC (and 2 is mute)

You can also use the Volume keys on your phone to set the volume!

Guest AdrianFRST

This is outstanding work :)

What I'd love to see is a facility to play an entire directory. I don't tend to use playlists much.

Some kind of file browser so you can browse for specific files without having to add them to a list first.