iCandy

Guest crafty

File Name :: iCandy

Author :: crafty

Category :: Other

Description ::

Features

CAB format

Simple layout using the orange plugin (thus E200 & C500 only) but with fancy icons etc:

Top Icon Dependant Plugins:

-Carrier, date, time

-SMS & e-mail count, check mail (statscats shortcut), new SMS (spoofed delivery reports)

-Web links

-Profile, BlueTooth toggler (requires MrMagoos BT Toggler), connect ActiveSync via BT

-Games links

-Create new appointment, alarm

-Change homescreen, add/remove programs

-Media player control (requires Orangewinger's media player plvgin, release 3), shuffle on/off and ringtone

Stationary Plugins:

-Calander appointments

-Tasks plugin (requires Oxio's tasks plvgin)

-MRU

-In addition there's also hiding plugins for missed calls, messages and all-day-events.

Extra Screens skinned:

-Startup

-Media Player

-Information

-Error

-Call

-Call Log

-Question

-Volume

-Dial

-Contacts

-Programs

-ActiveSync

-Shutdown

(i think that's all of them :D)

Comments:

E200 only.

There's lots of links to apps and games included. I've tried to make these the default names/locations as far as possible but you may need to edit the xml if links aren't working. Give me a shout if you require any help. I amy also be open to offers to provide extra icons for progs/games/web sites if there's sufficient demand.

The homescreen cab also changes the icons for cab, hme, dll, mds and sav files - see screenshot below.

I've also included an IA Caller ID pit template that works well with the incoming call image of this theme. I is transparent except for a picture in the bottom left.

Full credit for the icons must go to Foood - see the included readme file.

Updates:

09/06/04 Zip Updated to included England Flag Wallpaper and new CAB contains folder icons - see post below.

10/06/04 Zip updated to include plain background.

11/06/04 Zip updated to include yoda wallpaper - see screenshot on page 3 of this thread.

11/06/04 Zip updated to include an alternate icon resource with a different home icon (to replace the desktop icon).

12/06/04 Zip updated to include Neostream wallpaper, see page 5 for screenshot.

13/06/03 Zip updated to include new cab with Call history screen now skinned - see Page 6 for screenshot.

29/06/04 Zip updated with a new cab that fixes some of the 'extra screen problems' when installing over some themes and swaps the default home icon and corrects the focus of the games icon group.

Updated Sun, Jan 9 2005 10:47 pm

View File

Guest drblow

Seriously, all I can say is WOW!! :D This is in my opinion the nicest looking theme for an e200 that has ever been produced!! :wink: Excellent work Crafty fella!

It's back to the drawing board for me ...!! :D

Guest crafty

:D :D Cheers Doc, high praise indeed :lol: :D

For some reason the colours look all screwy in the screenshots - it's much nicer on the phone!

Guest drblow

Crafty, just a thought - do you have any folder icons that would match this theme that you could post? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest crafty

Thanks for all of the positive feedback :lol: Glad your enjoying the theme.

Crafty, just a thought - do you have any folder icons that would match this theme that you could post? Posted from my SmartPhone!
I did think about doing this from the start but decided that it would be a nightmare to do in a cab as everyone has different folder names in their start menus. However i decided that it would be a nice touch so i've done it! I've updated the cab file from in the first post so that the icon resource contains a whole load more icons suitable for folders. See below for the idex of icons i've added and how it looks.

For those who don't know, here's how to change the icon of folders in your start menu:

1. Choose an icon you like from the index file and note the 3 digit number next to it.

2. Open the file icon.txt (included in the zip) on your PC and change xxx to the 3 digit number you noted and save the file.

3. Copy the txt file into the folder that you want to change the icon of on your phone.

4. Rename the folder icon.txt to icon.lnk.

Works only in e200 or qtek 8080 also?

This homescreen make extensive use of the Orange Uber plugin (as i like to call it :D) so will only work on an Orange E200 i'm afraid :D. If you install then the extra sfutt should work like the skinned programs screen etc but the moescreen itself wont.

Shame I only have an e100

If i get time i could try to knock out a SP2002/non E200 friendly version but the functionality wiould be massively cut down and the changing icons wouldn't work :? .

Getting into the spirit for Euro 2004, i've also knocked out a new backdrop for the theme - it only changes the homescreen, none of the extra screens such as WMP. To use it copy all of the files from the 'England Flag' folder in the updated zip and overwrite the ones in the iCandy folder in 'StorageApplication DataHomeiCandy'. Then just change to a different homescreen and back to iCandy. I've also icncluded the graphics for the origional globe for changing back. Any requests for other backdrops?

Think thats all for now, thankyou please. :D

England Flag.gif

Index.png

Start Menu 2.gif

Guest drblow

Dude - I DL'ed the zip file from the first post. It does contain all the new backgrounds etc - but the icon.exe files don't contain any icons after no. 160 - so none of the folder icons are there. Am I missing something?

Guest Charlie Mouse

Where can I get hold of 'MR Magoos BT Toggler' from? I've searched everywhere and cant find it.

Great homescreen BTW! I've been waiting for something like this for ages :D

Guest arman68

Looks great, just the kind of thing I was thinking of doing.

A couple of suggestions:

* would it be possible to replace the desktop icon for "home" with a phone, like orange do?

* the logo (earth) gets in the way of the text, can we have a logoless background?

* great that the time display is bigger: that was one of my big problems with the original orange homescreen. Do you think you could make it even bigger by moving the date under the operator name, and moving the tim to the far right, spanning over 2 lines?

Once again: fantastic job! I think your homescreen will find a permanent place on my phone. I have tried quite a few and so far the only I like were the analog LCD plugin (but lost too much functionality), and the SilverTabs (low readability/usability). Yours beats them all :D

Guest drblow
Do you think you could make it even bigger by moving the date under the operator name, and moving the tim to the far right, spanning over 2 lines?

Couldn't be done I'm afraid. You cannot divide a plugin between the 2 rows, and as the plugin row height is set at 20 and the clock is also set to font size 20, thats the maximum size it's gonna be.

What you could do is add RemyJ's analogue clock plugin. One of the best things about this theme is the space left in the middle of the screen (currently taken up with a spacer plugin). You have about 50 pixels of spare space in the middle of the screen, so if the clock display is that important to you, why not try adding the code for the clock plugin? :wink:

Guest arman68
Couldn't be done I'm afraid.  You cannot divide a plugin between the 2 rows, and as the plugin row height is set at 20 and the clock is also set to font size 20, thats the maximum size it's gonna be.
That's what I was suspecting. Thanks for the info anyway.

What you could do is add RemyJ's analogue clock plugin.  One of the best things about this theme is the space left in the middle of the screen (currently taken up with a spacer plugin).  You have about 50 pixels of spare space in the middle of the screen, so if the clock display is that important to you, why not try adding the code for the clock plugin?  :wink:

I might give it a try. Actually I'd prefer to modify it to make use of LCDPlug: the clock looks much better, the scrolling Appointment list is great, and the different alarm for everyday is great. I tried using LCDPlug before bu found it very complicated, not sure I can manage.

Guest crafty
the logo (earth) gets in the way of the text, can we have a logoless background?

I've updated the zip in the first post to include a plain version with no background pic. As with the England flag just overwirte the images in the icandy dir.

I'll take a look at your other points later but will be a bit busy for the next few days, I get my degree results tomorrow!

Guest crafty
Where can I get hold of 'MR Magoos BT Toggler' from? I've searched everywhere and cant find it.

Click here for MrMagoo's BT switcher. I'm glad you like the theme :D

Guest muzzio_giovanni

ohww no!!! so i've got a motorola mpx200 and this mean that i can use this homescreen?no this is no possible!!!!! :cry:

Guest inexces

very good job, i use the iCandy icons for my desktop....

I`m new and have an SPV200 for 1 week now and a bit suspicious. If i install the cab file, can i delete it afterwards? so all the screens and icons are back to normal?

I like the home screen very much but i don't want the rest to be alternated, is this possible?

Guest typeric

I'm new on Smartphone and is trying to install this iCandy Home Screen. I just ran the CAB files in the Xphone (btw, I have the O2 Xphone), but I don't have the nice layout Home screen (see attached). I don't have the clock, the message line, etc. Also, when an SMS comes or missed call, I don't have the pop-up screens. Do I need to install some DLLs? Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

iCandy_Issue.jpg

Guest drblow

This theme uses the Orange e200 plugin - which is only shipped on Orange phones, so your Xphone will not have the plugin installed. Unfortunately it is not possible to get the plugin from anywhere, which I think is a shame coz it's about the only good thing Orange have ever done to a smartphone! :twisted:

Guest drblow
very good job, i use the iCandy icons for my desktop....

I`m new and have an SPV200 for 1 week now and a bit suspicious. If i install the cab file, can i delete it afterwards? so all the screens and icons are back to normal?

I like the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen very much but i don't want the rest to be alternated, is this possible?

You can install the CAB file without any worries at all. It will change every screen on your phone, but if you want to revert to your original screens, there is another CAB file availbale which will return the phone to its original state (but since the forum search function is not working, I can't post a link for ya!).

Guest Charlie Mouse

Click here for MrMagoo's BT switcher. I'm glad you like the theme :D

Cheers, that'll teach me for putting spaces in the search string :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.