c500 alarm plugin?

Guest tik

does anyone know whether there's a plugin out there so that the alarm time & status shows on the home screen?

or - i might be being optimistic with this one :) - whether there's an application that gives a decent alarm (like they should have put on it already :P ) allowing different times on different days, etc etc.

thanks for any help!

Guest fozzie

RichieM's Alarm plugin will display the alarm status. However, clicking it takes you to Bluetooth settings instead of the Alarm settings, since the settings page was moved! I still find it useful though, until someone comes up with another plugin - or Richie can be persuaded to modify his :)

Guest Richie M
or Richie can be persuaded to modify his :P

:) still on my To Do List :D

But as i'm hoping to get a C500 this week, it may convince me to put it at the top of the list :D

Guest fozzie
But as i'm hoping to get a C500 this week......
You won't regret it :)

.......it may convince me to put it at the top of the list

If that doesn't persuade you then how about a pleeeeeeeease :D (I hate to see a grown man beg but needs must!). The phone is crying out for this plug-in :P

Guest crafty

As paul said that the E200 plugin also works on the C500 you should be able to use the alarm plugin from that - this displays the alarm time but also takes you to the correct place when you click on it. I haven't got a C500 (yet;)) so can't try this. Could someone try putting the following code into a homescreen and try it on a C500 and report if it works:

<plugin wrap="0" height="20" width="100%" handlekeys="FOCUS" clsid="{A2536C59-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">

<errortitle><text>Busy</text></errortitle>

<errormessage><text>Settings are already being edited</text></errormessage>

<label valign="bottom"><text>Alarm: <status off="Off" /></text></label>

</plugin>[/code]

Guest fozzie

It does work, but only if settings.lnk is in the root of Start Menu. Mine isn't, and I suspect other's aren't. Any ideas?

Edit: Doh! Just change the properties of the shortcut to "hidden" - it disappears from the start menu but the plugin can still use it :) Just need to try and centre the text - valign="center" doesn't seem to work?!

Guest crafty

Well here's how i use it in one of my homescreens:

<plugin wrap="0" height="20" width="100%" handlekeys="FOCUS" clsid="{A2536C59-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">

<format state="selected" padding-left="24" />

<format state="unselected" padding-left="24"/>

<errortitle><text>Busy</text></errortitle>

<errormessage><text>Settings are already being edited</text></errormessage>

<label valign="bottom"><text>Alarm: <status off="Off" /></text></label>

</plugin>[/code]

That sorta centres it (horizontally). You could add in a padding-top=".." where i've done padding-left="24".

Failing that you could always set valign="center" in the default section at the top if that doesn't ruin everything else. That *should* sort it!

Guest fozzie

Thanks for that. Finally got the text centred. I had to add a padding-top="0" to the format selected and unselected sections. Nothing else would move it! I can only assume it's to do with having a padding-top="2" up in the default section, although I've not had this problem before on any other plugin?!

Anyway, all working fine and dandy now.

Posted from my C500 SmartPhone!

Guest fozzie

Hmmm, been using this (the Orange plugin) for a few days and I have had a few lock ups requiring a soft reset :P Richie M - Please do update your Alarm Plugin :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ansmail2

Hi guys, ive attached a skin which is basically a modified version of the "Windows Default" home screen. I have removed the network provider (ie Orange) as this is a waste of time, and have added the alarm clock settings at the bottom of the screen. Ive tried this on both E200 & C500 and it works 100%. Simply copy the .xml file to StorageApplication DataHome on your device then select new screen layout from phone.

Alarm.home.zip

Guest hamstar50

Is there some nice easy way to solve all this? I'm no "techie" tech person if you know what i mean. Like is there a cab file or exe program that adds this to my current homescreen layout..the Orange one that comes with the C500?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys, ive attached a skin which is basically a modified version of the "Windows Default" http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen. I have removed the network provider (ie Orange) as this is a waste of time, and have added the alarm clock settings at the bottom of the screen. Ive tried this on both E200 & C500 and it works 100%. Simply copy the .xml file to StorageApplication DataHome on your device then select new screen layout from phone.

fantastic..works a treat..thanks..

Guest arman68

For RichieM plugin to work I suggest you modify the settings menu to add an alarm option in 8th position. Quite simple to do actually: just copy the attached alarm.cpl.xml and root.cpl.xml to your windows folder. You will need to do it again after switching off your phone.

Also the RichiM plugin to use is the 4th in the thread, also labelled as v1. When selected it shows the text as white; it's the only one with a transparent background.

[edit] I dont' know why my attachments don't work. You will need to create the files manually with notepad instead:

alarm.cpl.xml

<stinger-controlpanel-doc>

<cpl-title res="30013"/>

<characteristic type="Clock">

<parm-query name="AlarmOn"/>

<parm-query name="AlarmTime"/>

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="DeviceInformation">

<parm-query name="BatteryStrength"/>

</characteristic>

</stinger-controlpanel-doc>
root.cpl.xml