Send Contact Application for SPV,,,,,,,,,,,Check it out

Guest A.Hughes

Guest A.Hughes

Hi Guys

Found this app whilst looking at other smartphone sites, send your contatc info by sms, just like Vcards,,,details below

http://www.airfagev.com/downloads1.asp?id=88

Utilities > SendContact SP2003

Freeware

Version: 1.0

Author/Developer: Rey Vegafria

SendContact is a freeware utility that lets you send any Mobile No. from your Phonebook to any phone via SMS. Developed using eVB 3.0 for Smartphones. Special thanks to John Cody.

SendContact doesn't support T9 search but you can easily locate any contact by just pressing the first letter of the Surname.

Pressing [abc] once will highlight Contacts with surname starting with letter A, pressing it again will return Contacts starting from B, so on and so forth.

How To Send Contact

Select contact then press Action key (or press Menu then Send Contact). On Send Contact page, press Action key to get recipient(s) from Phonebook or simply type recipient(s) manually. You can send Contact to multiple recipients separated by semi-colon.

Press Send to confirm sending of contact via SMS. If sending contact failed, Send button will be labeled Re-Send so you can re-send the Contact.

To immediately quit SendContact app, press Action key while Sent status is displayed.

Enjoy!!!

Download Size:

Total Downloads: 121

The download of 'SendContact SP2003' will begin automatically.

If it doesn't, click here.

tn_SendContact.gif

Guest Stryper Aquila

Yah you're right DINO...hope all developer will give free the software they will developed like of RJV :) :P :D :D

Thanks REY J. VEGAFRIA for the free apss :wink:

Thank goodness. My missus has been twisting my ear about this since I upgraded her phone. Anyone have this running on a C500? Is there an app that would allow me to receive a contact SMS sent, by say, a Nokia? Does this support message sending by Bluetooth or IR as well?

Guest A.Hughes

Here Here to RJV.........

Works fine on the C500, havnt played with it much yet, only sends the number, sent one to my work nokia, comes through as a text, as it appears in your Phones contact list

e.g. anybody 0123 456789

No bluetooth support as far as i can see.

regards

Guest Phil Lee

This is a nice little app although I have had a couple of problems with it. First, it doesn't work if the number is of the form +447900000000. It does work when you change it to 07900000000. Secondly, it doesn't work properly when XBar is running.

Guest johncody

The RJV series of apps were created with eVB for Smartphones. The current/latest version of XBar does not currently work well with eVB smartphone apps (forgets regcode, doesn't close eVB apps properly, etc).

Xbar is aware of the issues and is coming out with a new version to address them. Please keep checking Xbars website for the update (the fix will have a version number newer then version 2.3 and should include a bullet saying something like "Fixed compatibility issues with eVB for Smartphone apps")

-John

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Disco Stu, I downloaded the "SendContacts SP2003.Zip" file into my PC.

I then extracted the files into a folder in my PC. I then copied all of these files using active sync into the C500. The problem is there is no CAB file. The files in the ZIP file are:

1) _setup.xml

2) 0pvbdecl.011

3) 0pvbload.008

4) airfagev.003

5) MSCEPI~1.012

6) POCKET~1.006

7) pvbform2.007

8) pvbhost2.010

9) SENDCO~1.001

10) SENDCO~1.002

11) SENDCO~1.004

12) SJLMEN~1.005

13) vbscript.009

Am I downloading the wrong file?

Guest Disco Stu

Ah, no.

The file you downloaded was actually a cab file, not a zip. Some versions of Windows get confused with the 2, so I've read somewhere here.

So just copy across the file you downloaded and let the phone take the things out of the cabinet when it installs. I'm just guessing here, but if your PC changes the file extension to .zip, you'll have to change it back to .cab when you've pasted it into Accessories on your phone.

Hope this makes sense now :)

• 10 months later...
Guest lobo71

Hi,

This soft is a great idea.

I would like to send other things (for example the adress) and not just the phone number.

Will a new build appear soon ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roma0803
Hi,

I would like to send other things (for example the adress) and not just the phone number.

Will a new build appear  soon  ?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try it, it does do that. Before sending you can select various items to send, address is one of them. It's a great piece of software.

Guest lobo71
Try it, it does do that. Before sending you can select various items to send, address is one of them. It's a great piece of software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks,

I've seen that I can send what I want.

Guest Jacobus
Hi,

Will a new build appear  soon  ?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another sw is available: Contactmenu. Download it free from airfagev.com