SMSNotify 2004 Version 2.0

Guest jasonh

SMSNotify 2004 V2 is now available!

Features include Custom tone assignment, displaying a contacts photo on SMS (Can be customized per contact via creating a new htm template file for a contact), Vibrate on SMS, Send Out of office messages, create your own plugins, and many more.

Visit http://smsnotify.developer.net.nz for more details and a trial download.

Nice one Jason!

Did you get any chance to do the plugin discussed for stopping the SMS sound? {EDIT: This was combined with looping the sound .. forgot about that bit .. doh!}

Craig

expect something in about a week.

I am planning for it to loop the current contacts sound as selected within SMS Notify and to also vibrate until explictly stopped by the user.

I am open to what end users want so let me know and Ill see what I can do.

Does the trial version htm page support all modifications? I'm trying to add a background image, but it aint happening!! :?

Am I just a bit think with html?? Has anybody done that yet? & what exactly are the user customisable plugins?

Does the trial version htm page support all modifications?  I'm trying to add a background image, but it aint happening!!  :? 

Am I just a bit think with html??  Has anybody done that yet?  & what exactly are the user customisable http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins?

Yes, the DEMO version allows the html custom template option.

If you can expand on what happens I should be able to answer your query.

For example, does it show the cust htm file at all? of does it show the default htm file. IS it just a case of the background image not showing up? It could be just a path issue.

As for the application extensions, they are only available in the full version.

Basically, you can create an application in C#,VB.NET native c++ , which gets called when a SMS message comes in.

This feature is so you can create your own plug ins. Maybe you want an email sent when someone sends a SMS message to you?

The application extensions just really allow end users and other developers to extend the funcationality that SMSNotify V2 already provides.

I got the background working! Think it was the path, but I'm not entirely sure! :shock: Thanks anyway.

Is it possible to rearrange the layout of the main page a bit? I'd like to see the text preview withour having to scroll down.

sure, you can add or remove anything and everything as you please.

If you want, just put !SMSNotify-MessageText! at the top of the html and thay will be displayed at the top of the message.

Cool! :lol: IU know I'm being a right pain here ... but is there a way to set the height of the preview pane? I have it appearing just below the message sender number, but I now have to scroll down for the message count etc. I would like to get it all to fit into one window without scrolling.

Also, is there a way of displaying the sender contact name instead of the number?

This app rocks by the way!! :D

Guest stilger

I attempted to Install the demo version on my Verizon SPH-i600. It complained about not having the rights it needed to install.

Does this application support the SPH-I600?

SMSNotify 2004 V2 is now available!

Features include Custom tone assignment, displaying a contacts photo on SMS (Can be customized per contact via creating a new htm template file for a contact), Vibrate on SMS, Send Out of office messages, create your own plugins, and many more.

Visit http://smsnotify.developer.net.nz for more details and a trial download.

I attempted to Install the demo version on my Verizon SPH-i600. It complained about not having the rights it needed to install.

Does this application support the SPH-I600?

Yes it does support it.

Does it install at all for you? or fail half way through?

Cool!  :lol: IU know I'm being a right pain here ... but is there a way to set the height of the preview pane?  I have it appearing just below the message sender number, but I now have to scroll down for the message count etc.  I would like to get it all to fit into one window without scrolling.

Also, is there a way of displaying the sender contact name instead of the number?

This app rocks by the way!!  :D

Hi,

There is no way to display the contacts name at this stage.

If you wanted the name to appear, the best thing you could do would be to create a custom htm file for the contact where you could type in their name.

As for your other question, I would suggest you use tables. If the message you have received is long, then no matter what you will probably have to scroll the sender display window.

You could create a table with the height to be 80% of the window so that the last 10% of the window is dedicated to stats such as the message counter.

Send a draft of what you would like to the smsnotify support email and I can have a look at what you have done or maybe create something for you.

Jason

Guest MoRFLeZ

Really wanna try this new version, but for some odd reason I can't open www.smartphone.net ... nor handango.com

Tried the link from your site, but it goes dead on me, and has so for several days! Not having problems with any other sites *odd*

Really wanna try this new version, but for some odd reason I can't open www.smartphone.net ... nor handango.com

Tried the link from your site, but it goes dead on me, and has so for several days! Not having problems with any other sites *odd*

Yes, you are right

Smartphone.net has been up and down alot lately.

If you contact the smsnotify support email, I will organise a demo can sent to you via email.

Thanks

Jason

Guest stilger

Yes it does support it.

Does it install at all for you? or fail half way through?

No. It has the same error via Activesync or copying the cab to the device and running it.

The error message is:

The installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions.

I am not sure on this one.

The smartphone has a perimeter security which unless devices are open, applications can not install on a device unless they are signed. The SMSNotify 2004 cab file is signed with an unpriviliged certificate so it should install fine.

If it opens and says that it is installing SMSNotify 2004 V2 (DEMO).... and then fails after a few seconds, I would say that it has loaded successfully but during the installiation it is failing some where else.

This would be to do with the execution privileges I believe.

I am in the process of seeking a signing certificate for Verizon devices now but I have no timeframe as to how long it will take as it is a very lenght process.

As sooon as I have more information Ill let you know.

SMSNotify 2004 Contact Reminder has entered Beta.

Information on it can be found from http://smsnotify.developer.net.nz

Currently in Beta 1, it only supports the full release of SMSNotify 2004 and Version 2.1

Contact reminder allows contacts to be assigned a reminder event. On incomming SMS messages, if a contact has an event, their default events assigned by SMSNotify will be played. (Timer notifications can be set as 1,2,5,10,20,30,45 minutes or an hour)

If the SMS message is not acknowledged, then when the timer interval is up, the contacts assigned tone will be played and optionally a vibrate alert.

Reminder events can be assigned per contact, however theinterval and optional vibrate alert settings are global to all users that have a reminder event associated with them.

Guest stilger

This will be perfect for me.

Also When looking at this update I noticed there was a 2.1 version of SMSNotify. I downloaded and attempted to install it on my I600 with with same problems as before.

When do you think there will be a version that will run on the Verizon I600?

Thanks.

SMSNotify 2004 Contact Reminder has entered Beta.

Information on it can be found from http://smsnotify.developer.net.nz

Currently in Beta 1, it only supports the full release of SMSNotify 2004 and Version 2.1

Contact reminder allows contacts to be assigned a reminder event. On incomming SMS messages, if a contact has an event, their default events assigned by SMSNotify will be played. (Timer notifications can be set as 1,2,5,10,20,30,45 minutes or an hour)

If the SMS message is not acknowledged, then when the timer interval is up, the contacts assigned tone will be played and optionally a vibrate alert.

Reminder events can be assigned per contact, however theinterval and optional vibrate alert settings are global to all users that have a reminder event associated with them.

I dont have a previous version installed (I am running on a c500).

Where should the .exe be located - I have it in my start menu - I have restarted phone - however when I click the executable nothing happens or I get access denied.

What am I doing wrong ?

I dont have a previous version installed (I am running on a c500).

Where should the .exe be located - I have it in my start menu - I have restarted phone - however when I click the executable nothing happens or  I get access denied.

What am I doing wrong ?

You must have a FULL version of SMSNotify 2004 V2.1 installed on your device before the Contact Reminder will work.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi jason, any luck on getting the html templates to display the contacts name (without having to make a new template for each contact)?

Looking at adding this into the 2.2 release, which will be out in a RC form before xmas. hopefully