New ROM released for Qtek 8080

Guest AlexMessoMalex

Hi!

Is it "branding" ROM (e.g. Italians networks logo and services preisntalled)?

Is swedish language is avilable?

What is new with this ROM? What problems are fixed?

Thanx!

Guest AlexMessoMalex
Is it "branding" ROM (e.g. Italians networks logo and services preisntalled)?
No, it's Qtek standard.

Is swedish language is avilable?
No, available O.S. languages are :

- UK English

- US English

- Dansk

- Nederlands

- Deutsch

- Italiano

- Espanol

- Francais

For T9 there are all languages.

What is new with this ROM? What problems are fixed?
I don't know, I see for example that MMS Composer can read SIM's contacts (previous version can't).

Guest AlexMessoMalex
Is Greek supported? :/
No, T9 languages I see are :

- Norwegian

- Svenska

- Portuguès

- Espanol

- English

- Dansk

- Nederlands

- Francais

- Deutsch

- Italiano

Txanx AlexMessoMalex

Did you expierenced problems with reading from SD card before upgrading (e.g. you have to reinsert card in order that WMP can play mp3 files, WMP jumps in the middle of one mp3 to another or did you have crashes during call, any improvments?

Guest AlexMessoMalex
Did you expierenced problems with reading from SD card before upgrading (e.g. you have to reinsert card in order that WMP can play mp3 files,  WMP jumps in the middle of one mp3 to another or did you have crashes during call, any improvments?
I'm using it since a month ago but none of those problems

Hello all!!!

I have problems upgrading my ROM:

I have Brightpoint ROM and can't upgrade from Dangaard.

How can I resolve it??

Thanks for all and regards.

Guest veulemj1

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to update my phone with this rom, but i've got only error 117.

The steps are 3-color screen, start the update and then puss the phone on the station. This message i receive with all updates i'm trying to install.

Does anyone know how to upgrade this phone? It's simlock free and the rom-version is 17102, origin it should be 13291. I've used the 17102 update, but there was never a good upgrade. :)

Guest p.j.reid

I just went to this ROM from the 1.9.14.1 Brightpoint one from the QTek web site. Had to use the patched VoUpgradeUT executable, but it worked. Unfortunately, now I can't do Activesync via bluetooth - the phone tells me to pair with a "device which supports serial port or ActiveSync profile". Now, my Dell Inspiron 9100 does support Bluetooth serial port and, under the 1.9.14.1 ROM, I could do the bluetooth sync. This lost functionality makes me consider going back. Does anyone know of any advantages of this new ROM over the 1.9.14.1 Brightpoint ROM that would argue against going back?

Looking for some advice....

Patrick.

Guest veulemj1

P.J. Reid: Where did you find the patched VoUpgradeUT? I've bin aibled to install the 1.7.10.4 patch with the greek patch. But the install 1.9.14.1 with this patch doesn't work. What i see is that the rom-version from my phone is not set in the screen where you can update from version to version. On update to 1.7.10.4 i did see this version correct. The fixed.exe gives me also no update.

Guest p.j.reid

I downloaded it from here.

A repeat of my first question: does anyone know what improvements (if any) this new ROM brings? I have been using it for a couple of days without noticing anything. I am considering going back so as to be able to do an ActiveSync over Bluetooth again.

P

Guest pepperman

Hi, I have a Qtek 8080 and I´m really disappointed with the short battery lifetime. I´d like to upgrade to newer ROM which was posted here, but I get an upgrade error. Someone here solved the problem, but I cannot send him an email. Maybe anybody can help me? Thanx, pepperman

Qtek Upgrade Error.jpg

does this rom update work on an orange-rom e200? if so, is it any better than the latest orange rom?

i need this info too, since i'm buying an e200. does the tomtom rom works with the e200?

it is a gift :)

So please.. someone answer my question :(

Yes it works, what I did was download the latest Orange update (spve200_v2.7.5.1.exe) extract it with WinZip and replaced its NK.nbf

with the one from the Qtek update and then ran VoUpgradeUt.exe to do the upgrade.

Guest p.j.reid

under this ROM, the phone reports as follows:

Smartphone 2003 4.20.0 (Build 13349)

Radio Version 1.16.01

Operator ROM: 1.10.10.1

Manufacturer ROM: 1.11.10.36

Microsoft ROM: 4.20.13349.0

Language: 1.11.10.36

File System: 4.20.13349.0

Also, I have discovered that the ability to do bluetooth ActiveSync is NOT disabled in this new ROM. It's just that, unlike with the QTek ROM I had before, you need to set it all up, both on the PC and in the phone. Instructions are in an old thread on this board: this one.

I still have no idea if there are any real improvements in this ROM as opposed to the Brightpoint 1.9.14.1 ROM from QTek. Does anyone know?

Patrick

Guest thefrisch

The item i see that's different is the Radio Version is now 1.16.01, I believe this is what can extend the battery life... Using that qtek update 1.9.14 updated the smartphone OS version but the batter life was still around a day.

I'm hoping the 1.16 radio will fix that!

Thanks for the version posting!