Activesnyc 3.8

Guest superflytnt

Guest whitfa

Anyone know what issues/bugs this version resolves if any?

I was hoping to see a facility whereby you can elect folder(s) on your pc to be automatically sync'd with your phone. :?:

Guest superflytnt

Typically Microsoft it only says it contains the following: "ActiveSync 3.8 contains fixes making synchronization more trouble free than ever before and includes all the significant improvements brought to you in ActiveSync 3.5, 3.6, and 3.7.1: it is easy to install and use while offering the best levels of reliability."

I have tried it and found it runs slightly faster to use, mainly when exploring your device.

Guest tsutton

What's New?

Feature: Improved remote synchronization experience.

Benefit: ActiveSync no longer blocks remote synchronization with dialog boxes that pop up on your desktop computer, so you can slide in the WLAN or wireless modem card and synchronize with your desktop computer anywhere you can access your network.

Feature: Configure server synchronization settings from your PC.

Benefit: ActiveSync can synchronize information on your desktop PC and/or a Microsoft Exchange Server with the information on your mobile device. This requires Microsoft Mobile Information Server 2002 or later.

Feature: ActiveSync pass-through connection.

Benefit: Enables you to use your USB cradle connection to pass through your desktop PC to access the Internet or a network with your mobile device. You can then perform tasks, such as browsing the Internet, or downloading IMAP/POP 3 e-mail messages.

Feature: Improved USB support.

Benefit: Windows 2000 USB driver issues in the previous version of ActiveSync have been fixed.

Feature: More robust synchronization with Outlook.

Benefit: Synchronization with Outlook is now more reliable and robust than before.

Feature: Configure synchronization settings prior to first synchronization, including custom synchronization settings.

Benefit: Enable all of the ActiveSync options you need in a single step.

this release has still not fixed the problem that i have where my contacts are not getting synced with outlook!

gets to region of 280 out of 350 and stops.

i've been told i might have a corrupt contact but dont know how im supposed to find out which one it is!

Guest blowdart

Feature: Improved remote synchronization experience.

Benefit: ActiveSync no longer blocks remote synchronization with dialog boxes that pop up on your desktop computer, so you can slide in the WLAN or wireless modem card and synchronize with your desktop computer anywhere you can access your network.

You still can't sync with a desktop. Looks like you must have Exchange installed somewhere. Is it so hard, in this age of DSL where desktops are left on at home to have syncing with my local, non-exchange connected version of outlook?

Am I being stupid here, or is over the wire network sync just not doable with a smartphone?

Guest phillyfan
this release has still not fixed the problem that i have where my contacts are not getting synced with outlook!

gets to region of 280 out of 350 and stops.

i've been told i might have a corrupt contact but dont know how im supposed to find out which one it is!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can always run scanpst and see if that fixes it. Just do a seach for it and then run it may help.

Wonder if i'll be able to BT activesync... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

phillyfan: tried scanpst but nothings wrong with the pst files. (there are no contacts synced at all which are transferred to outlook even though it says 285 out of 361)

seems theres somethin wrong with the contacts on the phone wish i could extract the contacts out from the phone without syncing with outlook and check if there was any corrupt entries..

Ambro

Guest smartphone-web.com

---

"ActiveSync 3.8 contains a set of security enhancements that provide a more

secure syncing experience with a Windows PC, specifically:

· Windows XP SP2 security pop up warnings that appear the first

time a Windows Mobile devices is docked have been eliminated

· Remote PC Sync (via Wifi or LAN) is turned off by default.

However, users can turn this functionality back on."

---

Guest McHale

when are they going to add the option for sycing your MyDocuments on your Smartphone like you can with your PPC?

...or am I just not doing something right?

-Mc

p.s. been running 3.8 for a few hours and no probs and does run a little faster.

Guest phillyfan
phillyfan: tried scanpst but nothings wrong with the pst files. (there are no contacts synced at all which are transferred to outlook even though it says 285 out of 361)

seems theres somethin wrong with the contacts on the phone wish i could extract the contacts out from the phone without syncing with outlook and check if there was any corrupt entries..

Ambro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would then delete all contacts on phone and resync this should correct your error.

Edited by phillyfan