Martin Fields Silicon Jacket Pics!

Guest smeg36

I got my Martin Fields Silicon Jacket today, and just took some pics. for everyone awaiting theirs, or who want better detailed photos.

post-20522-1105662675_thumb.jpg

post-20522-1105662755_thumb.jpg

post-20522-1105662910_thumb.jpg

post-20522-1105662976_thumb.jpg

post-20522-1105663122_thumb.jpg

post-20522-1105663172_thumb.jpg

Edited by smeg36

I got my Martin Fields Silicon Jacket today, and just took some pics. for everyone awaiting theirs, or who want better detailed photos.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice! :D

So what do u think of it? It looks good, how does the keypress feel with the case on? Any negative points?

I really like the feel and look of it. It gives amazing grip, you would have to really try to drop it. The keys feel nice through it. They raised the area for the keys, so you can still feel them through the silicon. The only downside is I prefer to have a belt clip to clip the phone to the outside of my pocket.

Guest tsutton
Can you conform whether the screen is covered and if so does it affect the display?  txs

Looking at the photo, it looks like the screen is not covered. Shame... I would have got it if it were covered!`

Guest shodanjr_gr

Ive been thinking of getting this case (i hate the usual part cloth-part see thru plastic cases), and my screenprotector orange had on the phone is wearing out, so i might wana hasten my decision.

I got a couple of questions for you.

1) Does the screen seem to have "air bubles" underneath when it comes in contact with the silicon (like when using a plastic case when air gets trapped betwen the cover and the screen)?

2) How do you get the phone in?

I have a question as well. Pne of the bad sides of the C550 it is not being able to attach a string to it. There may be the chance now by adding it to the silicon case instead. I see it may be possible by using the hole for the microphone and large superior one which gives access to on/off button and irda. :idea:

Would you please let me know whether this sylicon case would be strong enough to allow a string onto ir and not brake because of the weight of the phone attached, or more easily becuase pulling it out from a pocket. Pulling it out it may be an argument, given the high grip the phone now has got because of the case...

Thanks

Ric

The screen is not covered at all. It is completely open (which I actually really like. I hate having my screen covered). Thus, no air bubbles because it is open. I have a screen protector on it, so I am not worried about the open screen. The silicon would be strong enough to attach a lanyard to through the mic. hole to the IR/Power hole. It actually took me a second to realize how to put it in. There are no instuctions included, so I wasn't sure I was doing it right until I tried. It goes in through the screen hole.

Edited by smeg36

Hi everybody got my cover to-day ordered it from www.siliconjacket.com on sunday 9th (Hong Kong) it cost about £18 with post and packing I've taken some pics hope they help you to make a decision as buy or not

My first thoughts are what a waste of money, it's like a rubber sock. OK it covers the phone, but the all important screen has no cover at all as this is how the phone is slipped into the cover. I will give it a go, you never know it might grow on me, but I think all that will happen is that it becomes just a dust trap, time will tell.

Martin Fields also sells a screen protector.  I am using a JavoEdge protector on mine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just received my JavoEdge screen protector this week. I bought a pack of 3 and I could not get the first 2 to align good to where there was no lift/air on at least one of the ends. I finally got the third one on and aligned right and I like it... Maybe they are all the same size and I just didn't get lucky on aligning it right until the 3rd one or maybe they aren't all exactly the same size. They are a pretty tight fit, except I do have a very little gap on the bottom, but it doesn't bother me really. I took it off a few times and tried to get the gap on the top instead of the bottom, but I guess my hands and eye sight aren't good enough to get it right so I just left it.... I do like it though and it seems pretty thick and durable and it doesn't affect the color or resolution too much at all (it does a very little bit though, just so you know)

In short, so far I like it and would recommend it.

I bought a JavoEdge for my ipod also and that works really well. I wish I would have bought one for my ipod a year ago as I already have some scratches on it. I also have a really good deep scratch on my old Voyager that really used to bug me, which is why I bought one for my Audiovox.

Edited by yoos

Hi everybody got my cover to-day ordered it from www.siliconjacket.com on sunday 9th (Hong Kong) it cost about £18 with post and packing I've taken some pics hope they help you to make a decision as buy or not

My first thoughts are what a waste of money, it's like a rubber sock. OK it covers the phone, but the all important screen has no cover at all as this is how the phone is slipped into the cover. I will give it a go, you never know it might grow on me, but I think all that will happen is that it becomes just a dust trap, time will tell.

post-100170-1105742229_thumb.jpg post-100170-1105742325_thumb.jpg

post-100170-1105742407_thumb.jpg post-100170-1105742466_thumb.jpg

Guest sheltem
Same with many other UK supplier. I was told within 7 days. MobileFun is the cheapest I've found so far for UK supplier.

If you've seen it cheaper elsewhere in UK, post it here. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the screen protector, I just bought a cheap pair of fellowes screen protectors for a sony PDA (or any PDA for that matter) and cut it down to size. While there will be bubbling, you can smooth it out and now it looks great. I can rub the screen off with my finger and not smudge it up since the protector is on. I paid less than $10 for a pack of 15. A lot cheaper than the specific ones mentioned in the thread.

Guest Br1an_g
My first thoughts are what a waste of money, it's like a rubber sock.  OK it covers the phone, but the all important screen has no cover at all as this is how the phone is slipped into the cover.  I will give it a go, you never know it might grow on me, but I think all that will happen is that it becomes just a dust trap, time will tell.

does it fit tightly onto the phone all over?

one of your pics looks like it isnt flush to the edges of the screen :?:

if it isnt a tight fit i dont think i will bother.