CK3100 Firmware Update Via Bluetooth

Guest flump

Hi, I'm trying to update my CK3100 firmware via bluetooth to the latest version.

I've activated the software update option In the advanced setup, but when I search on my laptop for the device its not shown.

My laptop's bluetooth configuration is operating correctly, and the CK3100 pairs ok with my C500 phone.

I'm running version 4.03 firmware. What can I do to fix this ?

I've seen on the update utility that there's a serial option , is there a cable I can use instead of bluetooth ?

Basically I've managed to get a couple of duplicate contacts and unless I go to version 4.10 I can't get rid of them as you can't delete pushed contacts on version 4.03. :shock:

Did I say my laptop was set up correctly ??? :oops:

After a bit of poking about I realised that I'd blocked all device's other than my C500 linking with it.

After enabling it correctly I can now see the Ck3100. But I'm still unable to see the serial link that it should provide. All I can see if the PIM sync and audio gateway.

Has anyone got this bluetooth update working ?? I'd love to hear from someone who's tried this.

I've also had a response from Tech support.

They've included some help instructions on how to get this update working, which I've included below. Interesting they mention that firmware 4.10 does hold benefits for the C500 so its looks like its worth all this bother.

"Dear sir,

Regarding your question, i inform you that this phone will work better with the latest software version of the kit 4.10.

Concerning your request, i inform you that the flashing procedure maybe

realized with some informations.

You will find enclosed the flashing procedure."

Hi, I'm trying to update my CK3100 firmware via bluetooth to the latest version.

I've activated the software update option In the advanced setup, but when I search on my laptop for the device its not shown.

My laptop's bluetooth configuration is operating correctly, and the CK3100 pairs ok with my C500 phone.

I'm running version 4.03 firmware. What can I do to fix this ?

I've seen on the update utility that there's a serial option , is there a cable I can use instead of bluetooth ?

Basically I've managed to get a couple of duplicate contacts and unless I go to version 4.10 I can't get rid of them as you can't delete pushed contacts on version 4.03.  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CK3100_CK3300_CK3500_UPGRADING_TIPS_040806.pdf

Eureka ! Finally got it to work. Again problems my end not on the CK3100. DOH !

Couple of points,

In the attempts to get activesync working over bluetooth I REALLY stuffed up my bluetooth settings even more than I'd thought.

You should when discovering the CK3100 get three services.

Contact Update

Audio Gateway / Headset

And Serial

If the serials not working, as mine wasn't, first thing to check is that when you enable serial on your C500 you can see that service, if not you've probably like me have config problems with you bluetooth settings on your PC.

I had to reinstall my bluetooth drivers to get it working properly.

It might also take a couple of attempts to flash the device.

After the first go it failed. Got all the way through flashing and popped up a message at the end saying update failed. Don't panic, the device is still ok, it will probably have removed your pairing settings and phone book but thats all.

Simply run it again. ( I think it had an issue with updating the deivce whilst paired to my phone, might be an idea to unpair, before you try it.)

Haven't had a chance to test voice quality etc but its no worse, there's also the very necessary functions of delete contact and delete all contacts included, which work fine.

You can find the update, update help and a nice help file thats soooooo much better than the manual at www.driveblue.com

Ignore that question, read the PDF :D

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Paul [MVP]

Just done the update, piece of cake!

Will report tomorrow on improvements... really hope it fixes the horrible sound when I start a call on my Jam!

P

I get the same on my C500 sometimes. Sort of awful blast of white noise. Still get it with 4.10. Might just be the phone as I've noticed it a couple of times when its just been ringing on its own and not connected to the kit.

Ah well.... anyway voice quality my end is great, slighty crisper than before, had no complaints from people I've been ringing so I'm assuming its ok at the other end.

The big bonus for me is the Contact removal, and that works just fine.

Voice dial works fine under 50mph in my car, over it rarely works especially on the motorway. I've the mic on the pillar right next to my head so apart from adjusting the mic volume I don't think I'll get it any better. I have noticed it seems to improve with use, does anyone know if its self learning ? Or is it just me imagining things.

Just done the update, piece of cake!

Will report tomorrow on improvements... really hope it fixes the horrible sound when I start a call on my Jam!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Friskoboy

I dont have bluetooth on my PC, can anyone suggest how to go around this as the Parrot site has a link for a DL to send via bluetooth but opens a page instead of giving option to save file.

I need to update as this sucks.

Sorry don't quiet understand the question..... you want to know how to flash without using bluetooth ?

In short, if you've a CK3100 CK3300 or a CK3500 you can't. Your only option would be to send the unit back to parrot for update, which they'll do for you, or borrow / buy a Bluetooth adapter for your PC. They only cost around £20.

The link for actual flash file is :

http://www.driveblue.com/download/ck3x00.ulp

And the update program which you'll need to load the above file is:

http://www.driveblue.com/update%20wizard.exe

Depending on your adapter you should get a range of about 10 meters which should allow you to update you car kit if you can get it close enough to the house. The high power adapters are good for about 30 meters depending on what the signal has to travel through.

The reason I mention this, is I was cleaning out the car this afternoon, and I noticed that my car kit had connected to my phone, even though my phone was sitting in my front room at the time. A PC USB adapter should be at least as strong.

If you've got a CK3000 you can, and only can, update via a serial lead.

I dont have bluetooth on my PC, can anyone suggest how to go around this as the Parrot site has a link for a DL to send via bluetooth but opens a page instead of giving option to save file.

I need to update as this sucks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by flump