My fully working ad-hoc WLAN settings

Guest pizdyetz77

Guest pizdyetz77

Hello,

I hope this is ok to post as a new topic. I thought it might help others who are struggling with getting their M2000 onto their home network.

My original query can be found here. It relates to being continually assigned a 169.254.x.x address. (good solid connection but can't use to browse Internet or network)

In the topic above you'll see how my network is set up. In short: Main PC connected to the Internet via ADSL, laptop ad-hoc connected to this and sharing the internet and the M2000 also connected ad-hoc. Both laptop & PC running XP Pro SP2 and Norton IS, Firewall & NAV. XP firewall is turned off.

PC (connected to Internet):

Static IP assigned: 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

M2000

Static IP assigned: 192.168.0.2

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS: 192.168.0.1

Network connects to: WORK

Authentication: Open

Data Encryption: Off

tick every box you find that says "this network connects to the Internet"

That's it. Thank you so much to those that replied to the post mentioned above. Pointed me in the right direction. Thanks.

On reflection, I'm thinking that there may be a problem with my PC assigning a 'proper' IP address. I can't think why but now I don't care anymore. I think that I'll need to assign IP automatically when connecting to public hotspots. I can live with that, I suppose. My McDonalds just down the road has WiFi so I'll test it out and let you know.

GH