ROM for T-Mobile SDA with CZECH T9?

Guest Tomas Kocanda

Guest Tomas Kocanda

If you have T-Mobile SDA, may you please look at the T9 languages choice and let me know, if you have Czech T9 available and what ROM version is that?

Or - is there anywhere possible to download SDA ROM upgrades?

Thanks

Tomas

Guest tudor

This is not exactly what you asked, but I have successfully installed Romanian T9 on SPV C500 from Orange UK, and it works perfectly. It allows me to save new words as well - I remember you talking about this a while ago.

Guest Tomas Kocanda
This is not exactly what you asked, but I have successfully installed Romanian T9 on SPV C500 from Orange UK, and it works perfectly. It allows me to save new words as well - I remember you talking about this a while ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good idea - for those people who can work with English menu. Others will have to get full localisation version (should be available as well).

Anyway, do you have somewhere step by step guide, how you did it?

Actually, you just used T9 database from different version I think, you did not edit it?

Another idea what we are trying to solve is, that when you create SMS with accents, it will crop the lenght of the message to only 60 characters (once you use single accented character) and if would be possible to replace ony of our installed T9 languages what nobody here use (like norwegian or portugal..) by Czech T9 without accents, we would be able to write quickly SMS without characters while keep the "full" czech T9 for use in writing e-mails etc...

But nobody discovered how to edit T9 - tools available for previous versions (T9 database editor) does not work with new files at all...

Guest tudor
Good idea - for those people who can work with English menu. Others will have to get full localisation version (should be available as well).

Anyway, do you have somewhere step by step guide, how you did it?

Actually, you just used T9 database from different version I think, you did not edit it?

Another idea what we are trying to solve is, that when you create SMS with accents, it will crop the lenght of the message to only 60 characters (once you use single accented character) and if would be possible to replace ony of our installed T9 languages what nobody here use (like norwegian or portugal..) by Czech T9 without accents, we would be able to write quickly SMS without characters while keep the "full" czech T9 for use in writing e-mails etc...

But nobody discovered how to edit T9 - tools available for previous versions (T9 database editor) does not work with new files at all...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have used the T9 dll from a Romanian version of C500 - but it is quite an old file (if you open it in a hex editor, you can see that it has been made for HTC Canary).

I did not edit the database and I know it is annoying that the SMS length is truncated to 70 when using some of the diacritics. I have no solution for this, and I think that editing the file itself would result in voiding the digital signature from HTC.

I've tried a Romanian ROM and, in the end, I prefer English, because the Romanian is half-translated, there are still portions in English and it does not look consistent.

About instructions, I've just followed the instructions by dearsina and I have posted here the files I used to create my own cab, so I can easily install it when I do a hard reset.