Problems with unlocking T-Mobile MDA Compact

Guest slkw

I have just got my MDA Compact via Scancom..

great phone.. but having problems trying to unlock the phone, and i dont feel like waiting 1 month to get the unlock code via t-mobile.

I have been trying to use the service from http://www.imei-check.co.uk/ as recommended by one of the posters here..

however im having problems the HTCPPCPEv1Unlock.exe utility that they require you to use. I have followed the steps and when i run the above it gives me an error message that says:

The device you try to unlock is not supported. Please contact your supplier site.

Just wondering if anyone here has used this site and have experienced similar problems and more importantly how to correct this and get the unlock code i want!!

Any help would be appreciated..

I used it to unlock mine .... workled a treat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could i ask if you got the same error message?? if so how did you manage to resolve the problem?

thanks for any hints..

Guest stu_lowe2003

I found i got an error when i tried to run the prog first time. I worked out that if you do the hard reset with the phone still connected to the usb then although it says usb on the screen it fails when you run the program. Leave the usb disconnected until you get to the white screen then connect it, it comes up usb and the prog runs with no error message.

Stu