Can i view contents of pc from my Jam?

Guest carl_donaldson

Guest carl_donaldson

Can i view folders on my PC from my Imate Jam - I have bluetooth setup for internet passthrough and active sync.

It would be good if i can call, view and move files to use on my jam.

Thanks

Carl

Guest fallwood
Can i view folders on my PC from my Imate Jam - I have bluetooth setup for internet passthrough and active sync.

It would be good if i can call, view and move files to use on my jam.

Thanks

Carl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also like some info on how to access pc folders on mda but through wifi network, can access with a laptop so i cant see that it can be too difficult to do it through the mda.

Guest MitchellO

I have tried to get this sort of thing (over BT) to work before, and got it once, but it was so slow and the range sucked that it was useless.

I don't think the Magician can do it, because it doesn't have the Network Access BT Profile. I never got it to work though the Activesync passthough, appropriately named "Internet" Passthough.

With WiFi it is much easier.

1. First you go into File Explorer and click the third icon in the tray at the bottom (next to the Storage Card icon.

2. Enter the computer name after the two slashes (eg. \\mitchell) and click ok.

3. When the password box comes up, leave everything empty, and ensure that save password is ticked.

4. When asked to confirm save password click yes.

5. Viola! You should be albe to see your shared folders.

post-112043-1113254516_thumb.jpg

post-112043-1113254564_thumb.jpg

post-112043-1113254591_thumb.jpg

post-112043-1113254642_thumb.jpg

post-112043-1113254663_thumb.jpg

post-112043-1113254679_thumb.jpg

Guest fallwood
I have tried to get this sort of thing (over BT) to work before, and got it once, but it was so slow and the range sucked that it was useless.

I don't think the Magician can do it, because it doesn't have the Network Access BT Profile. I never got it to work though the Activesync passthough, appropriately named "Internet" Passthough.

With WiFi it is much easier.

1. First you go into File Explorer and click the third icon in the tray at the bottom (next to the Storage Card icon.

2. Enter the computer name after the two slashes (eg. \\mitchell) and click ok.

3. When the password box comes up, leave everything empty, and ensure that save password is ticked.

4. When asked to confirm save password click yes.

5. Viola! You should be albe to see your shared folders.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When i try the above i get the message "in order to connect to your work network you will need to configure a vpn connection" , i can access web servers on my network and access the internet ok, what could be wrong with my settings.

Guest MitchellO

In the Settings, Connection tab, Connections icon, go to advanced tab, Select Networks, and set both to "My Work Network". On both, click edit, proxy settings and tick "This network connects to the Internet". That should do it. That is how mine is configured and it works.

Guest fallwood
In the Settings, Connection tab, Connections icon, go to advanced tab, Select Networks, and set both to "My Work Network". On both, click edit, proxy settings and tick "This network connects to the Internet". That should do it. That is how mine is configured and it works.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers, works fine now, although I have to switch the settings back to "tmobile gprs web" if I want to use gprs for web browsing etc, any way to do this automatically.

Guest MitchellO

I sold that by making a copy of the GPRS Connection in the My Work Settings. I just created a new connection with all of the GPRS settings, and now I don't have to switch!! Very convenient.

Guest philgriffiths

A programme called Netuse works really well for this. oce you setup each folder, you can browse tham as if it were a storage card. I setup it up the other night with a bit of help from Dade and it works great, was streaming music and all sorts!

Guest MitchellO

Yeah forgot to mention NetUse. I use it too, and it is great for playing movies and music over the network, something you can't normally do.

Guest FloatingFatMan
Yeah forgot to mention NetUse. I use it too, and it is great for playing movies and music over the network, something you can't normally do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any chance of a link to this Netuse program? Sounds interesting...