Javo Leather Case Review

Guest Dade

Guest Dade

This is my review of JAVOedge’s leather case for the M2000 (O2 XDA III / MDA III / Qtek 9090 / iMATE PDA2K).

This review is nearly two months late thanks to the UK postal system. The case has been sitting at the local sorting office for something like 7 weeks! So my apologies to those who have been waiting for this especially the kind people at JAVO.

The first thing that strikes you about this case when you open the packaging is the real leather smell; it’s like a new car! I’ve had a few other cases, both for my M1000 and other phones, in the past but the quality of the JAVO case is far above the rest!

post-2168-1115062080_thumb.jpg

The magnetic closure is positive and secure and the stitching is excellent. I like the contrast of the white stitching with the black leather but this may not be to everyone’s taste.

On the back of the case you’ll find a hole which allows use of the camera without removing it from the case. In the middle there is a screw that locates on the supplied belt clip. I’m not a fan of belt clips but the screw is easily removed.

post-2168-1115062210_thumb.jpg

Inside the case you’ll find two SD Card slots and two credit card/business card slots.

post-2168-1115062267_thumb.jpg

The handset is held securely in place by leather covered metal ‘fingers’ and a stop at the top and bottom of the case. Because the device is held at both sides it allows you be slide the keyboard open without removing it from the case. This is a feature that sets it apart from many other M2000 cases.

post-2168-1115062322_thumb.jpg

For those of you looking for a case for your M2000 device I would recommend the JAVO without reservation! It looks and feels like a quality accessory.

You can find the leather cases, along with various other accessories at www.javoedge.com

Guest MitchellO

Nice! like the design too. I wish my Mini had a keyboard like that :cry:

Edited by MitchellO

• 5 weeks later...
Guest justsomeone

hello all,

..hmm, yes i agree this case is a good one, better than the free case orange gives you in fact, but i still feel it has one or two flaws. one of which is a major flaw.

firstly, although the 'side fingers' do indeed hold the device securely allowing full usage of the keyboard, the top and bottom stops need to be 1 or 2mm further apart to give a better fit. as it is, the distance between the two stops is shorter than the actual unit which forces the stops to bend outwards slightly. maybe this is just an issue with my case ?

worse still, in my opinion, is that the left-hand side 'finger' totally covers the irda port. maybe for others this isn't important. i mean, who uses the irda port in any case ?

overal, as dade says, this case is a good one. i just thought others should know my findings.

ps. unlike dade, i feel safe in the knowledge that as i'm jogging along my belt clip swings in time with my body, holding my prized possession safely and securely...

pps. i know i said jogging, i meant waddling !

Edited by justsomeone