Uninstalling Home Screens

Guest skiitz

Guest skiitz

Hi guys,

i have downloaded a few home screens in the format of .hme

I have installed them and they work fine however when i try to uninstall then from "add/remove programs' i get an error saying that the uninstillation failed.

I have turned the home screens i am trying to remove off and set it to the default home screen however still get the error.

I have an imahe smartphone 2

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Guest Disco Stu

Best thing to do is reinstall then uninstall each, one by one.

It is best not to change these type of skins without uninstalling them with Add/Remove Programs.

Welcome to the forum BTW ;)

Guest cold_fire

It is best not to change these type of skins without uninstalling them with Add/Remove Programs.

Welcome to the forum BTW  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a problem with the .hme files .I cannot uninstall some of them although i have not deleted them before uninstall ,and i also tried to install them again but i get an error something like" uninstall before installing again" .I do not quite like .hme files ...

Guest shahrin
There is a problem with the .hme files .I cannot uninstall some of them although i have not deleted them before uninstall ,and i also tried to install them again but i get an error something like" uninstall before installing again" .I do not quite like .hme files ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings

I also have the same problem as u faced now, long ago as I had downloaded Longhorn homescreen. The homescreen didnt work at all and I want to uninstall it. First u must go to the Program File (where u stored it, memroy phone or storage card). Then there u can see a folder named to ur homescreen. Just delete it. After that use remove program menu to delete the homescreen fully.

Guest cold_fire
Greetings

I also have the same problem as u faced now, long ago as I had downloaded  Longhorn homescreen.  The homescreen didnt work at all and I want to uninstall it.  First u must go to the Program File (where u stored it, memroy phone or storage card).  Then there u can see a folder named to ur homescreen.  Just delete it.  After that use remove program menu to delete the homescreen fully.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did that as well and no result !

Guest skiitz

Welcome to the forum BTW  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks however i still cannot remove uninstall the skin ;)

Guest cold_fire
Thanks however i still cannot remove uninstall the skin  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here ,that's why i preffer the .zip or .rar files ! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest energ

I think there should be a pinned guide on how to uninstall skins and remove skins which says 'cannot be uninstalled'. I just got myself one of those unremovable ones. I tried File Manager, Remove Programs and ActiveSync but the file is still there (in the remove programs file). Help!

Guest Disco Stu

From what I remember it will restore the standard homescreens and start-up (etc) screens. It won't touch anything that was pasted into the Home folder, just the ones that were installed.

If you have installed more than one (by cab or hme) without removing them using the Add/remove tool then this is a good opportunity to clean everything up.

Keeping multiple homescreens on the phone eats up memory. I keep a folder on the SD card with them all in. Set them to Read Only and the installer won't be deleted when you load them.

• 1 month later...