i-mate jam on orange

Guest chrisbpr

Guest chrisbpr

well i give up ...after total non committal answers from orange :evil: about a release date for the m500 ( imate jam ) can anyone tell me the best ( and cheaest !) way to get one of these & keep my existing number ..ohh & i would like to stay on orange as they still do pretty good gprs packages.

ta

chris

Guest boyo69

you often find that the MDA Compact from T-Mobile are cheaper both on ebay and from online mobile providers....... i guess because T-Mobile are not quite as popular (yet) as Orange/O2/Voda etc........

i bought an MDA from ebay fro £260 and unlocked it here for £20........ just popped in my vodafone contract sim and away i went !!

oh, by the way, if anyone needs cab file settings for O2, Orange or Vodafone(for GPRS, MMS, SMS, Internet, ETC ETC) please let me know - buying un unlocked phone is handy but means that you need to manually set up your connections

and if you do buy an MDA, upgrade the Rom to the latest version as T-Mobile are a bit behind...........

Guest peekie

i have the qtek s100 , the same as a jam on a orange contract , not direct from orange but from carphone warehouse, the m500 is a nicer phone when you compare it together with a jam , in holland we have had the m500 in the shops for 2 months, normally here we are behind the uk with releases of phones ( rom updates are 100% poor in holland still waiting for the first c500 update :roll: ) , if i had of waited i would have got a m500 myself, it comes to choice really jam is rounder the m500 is finnished better off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Oesie
before anyone asks, here are the cab files i mentioned !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I assume they only work with the UK?

Did you get any problems unlocking your S100 with that service?

Guest dahquim

Got the S100 from A1Comms, got it on a O2 contract for the other half, and then popped my orange sim card in, she's using just a standard phone, BOB's ya uncle, S100 on Orange.

Hope this helps

Dahquim

Guest Charlie Mouse

I took out a new contract with T-Mobile for £23pm and the phone cost me £20 I think. The first three months contract are half price giving a total of £260. I sold my C500 on eBay for £110 making the total price for a brand new MDA Compact £150, and I get to pay for it monthly ;)

I've never used the T-Mobile sim and probably never will, I just unlocked it and used my Orange one.

Guest boyo69
I assume they only work with the UK?

Did you get any problems unlocking your S100 with that service?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

yes, they are UK only cabs

the S100 i believe is already unlocked ??? isn't that the Qtek variant????

• 2 months later...