screen protectors

Guest justsomeone

Guest justsomeone

hello all,

..right, having had my spv m2000 for a couple of days and finding the free leather case to be crap, i ordered the javoedge case as previewed by dade. i went a bit silly and also ordered the screen protector. now without trying to sound a bit retarded, the touch screen WILL still work if i use a screen protector yes ?

ps. keep the replies nice please... :-(

Guest justsomeone

hello all,

..well, having waited eagerly for my javoedge case and screen protector, i now see i needlessly bought that damn screen protector and wasted $10 or so.

firstly, try as i might, i couldn't get my screen 100% clear of dust. i rubbed this way and that with the included softcloth cleaner to no avail, and then after giving up and plonking the protector on anyway, i found the response time was not so much delayed but more non existant !

a word to the wise, don't buy screen protectors... they're more trouble than they're worth... i guess i've ended up with a $10 softcloth cleaner for my glasses !

Edited by justsomeone

Guest Pee_14

Same here, bought a screen protector, which said it was for the m2000, when i fixed it in place the touchscreen wouldnt work

Guest fraser

I use a protector, wouldn't not have one to be honest, too nice a screen to risk a scratch. Touchscreen works fine as well. When I bought it, it came with an application kit, i.e. alcohol screen cleaner, lint-free cloth and a couple of toothpick like things. I was able to get it on with no dust without any hastle at all. I also stumbled across an application video showing you how to do it.

Guest bronksy
no dust without any hastle at all. I also stumbled across an application video showing you how to do it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you have to trade off the sight of dust particles for saving your screen... best is to do it as soon as you take the M2000 out of the box...

any ex c500 users will be comfortable with the dust..

try proporta or martin fields they are ok protectors

Guest fraser
you have to trade off the sight of dust particles for saving your screen... best is to do it as soon as you take the M2000 out of the box...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have a single dust particle, tho I did have to lift it a couple of times during application to use the toothpick to get any bits of dust out. The protector was put on about a week after I got the phone.

• 5 months later...

I've found that the Dell Axim X5 (proper Dell ones) work really well. Non-sticky, it slides under the top and bottom of the top cover and has bent corners so that it doesn't move about.

Hope this helps someone :)

After 5 months of intense use my screen was starting to bear witness and had one nasty scratch that my stylus would catch in. I bought some O2 screen protectors for the XDAII from my local O2 shop. I got my screen as clean as I could with a piece of Bounty and a squirt of Auto-Glym Fast Glass (top product!), stuck the protector on and haven't had any complaints to make.