SPV C500 Answer Phone

Guest dalecon

Guest dalecon

Hi all

When i press and hold the number 1 key it is supposed to dial the Orange answer phone. However it displays the + sign

I click start/settings/phone/call options and notice the Voice mail number is set to a +

I enter the orange answer phone number +44797100123 and press Done and it says sending settings to network

All looks good, i press and hold the number 1 key and the answer phone dials

However, when i turn my phone off it re-sets itself back to the +

Does anyone know why this is happening, how do i set this number so it keeps?

Thanks for any help

Guest star-girl

Hi I have this problem with my c500 too. I called orange and they sent me some sim updates but it still fails to work. At the moment all Im doing is calling 123 to access answerphone.

I think I may call orange again but let me know if you get this problem solved.

Thanks

Guest dalecon

I know i can call 123, but being picky i want to just press the 1 key

Orange have also sent me sim updates but hasn't worked

They are going to call me back tonight, so heopfully they will be able to sort it

I'll let you know

Guest Rui_Costa

HAA HAA ican solve this one!

I had this problem and did the most spectacular thing - asked the lasy in the shop!

The orange answer phone number is: 07973100123, Correct?

Go to

START>

Settings>

Phone>

Call Options>

Now enter the above number in the voicemail number bit. then presss done, when ready. It should now 'save' you VM number and speed dial it when you want to speed dial as well.

I am indeed a star, now to solve that dust problem.......

Guest dalecon

I've already manulally set the number in call options (see my first post)

It defaults back to a + after a few hours

It defaults back to a + when the phone is swiched off and back on

Guest James

Me and a friend have the same problem... its bloody weird!

I sure cant fix it! :/

Workaround:-

Create a New Contact called 'AnswerPhone' and put the number in.

Fix?:-

Can anone create a program to set this number on startup please!!!??

Guest dalecon

I spoke to Orange last night, the woman ssiad she is passing it through to the technical team and they wll get back to me on Monday

I said this is a common problem from what i've read on this forum and the lady i spoke to said this is the first she's heard of it.

I think we should all call Orange to make the problem known to them

I asked whether this is a phone fault of SIM faul, will find out on Monday i guess

Guest star-girl
HAA HAA ican solve this one!

I had this problem and did the most spectacular thing - asked the lasy in the shop!

The orange answer phone number is: 07973100123, Correct?

Go to

START>

Settings>

Phone>

Call Options>

Now enter the above number in the voicemail number bit. then presss done, when ready. It should now 'save' you VM number and speed dial it when you want to speed dial as well.

Just wanted to say thanks for that, I entered it on my phone and it worked. Turned my phone off and on and it still works. Then as I have two lines on my phone I entered the phone number for line 2 also and so far so good. So thank you :)

How come I called orange twice and they couldnt tell me that :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dalecon

Just to let you know this has been escalated to HTC as a bug.

Can someone tell me what ROM version the new C550 comes with?

The person i was speaking to says this is a bug with ROM version 4.2.1.1 which is what my C500 came with when i got it a few weeks ago

It'll be interesting to see whether the C550 has this problem.

Thanks

Guest Mark_SPV

I received my C550 this morning and it didn't have the [1] key set to call Orange Answer Phone, instead it tried to dial +

Having said that after following the instructions below it worked and remembered the number after rebooting the phone.

START

(4) Settings

(1) Phone

(3) Call Options

In 'Voice mail number' enter +447973100123

Something I did notice was that it said "Sending settings to the network..." when I pressed done. :?:

C550 ROM is 4.21.1088 (Build 15159.2.6.4)

Guest dalecon

Yes it says 'sending settings to network' when i press done. But reverts back to a + when i turn the phone off.

You say you rebooted your phone, do you mean a hard reboot or just turned the phone off and back on again?

I have the C500 version 4.21.1088 (build 15045.2.6.0)

Never mind small problem, perhaps one day orange technical will get back to me, it's been 7 working days now

I received my C550 this morning and it didn't have the [1] key set to call Orange Answer Phone, instead it tried to dial +

Having said that after following the instructions below it worked and remembered the number after rebooting the phone. 

START

(4) Settings

(1) Phone

(3) Call Options

In 'Voice mail number' enter +447973100123

Something I did notice was that it said "Sending settings to the network..." when I pressed done. :?:

C550 ROM is 4.21.1088 (Build 15159.2.6.4)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I was told it could be a that the handset is not reading the SIM properly to obtain the VM number. Possibly only a problem on a certain SIM profile.

Could you let me know what the 2nd row of your SIM says: 894412 is standard but the second row should tell us what profile your SIM is.

Mine is 41441

Cheers

2nd line on SIM card is 21442

What will this tell you ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This should help identify wether the problem is linked to a specific SIM profile.

So far (by comparing your number and mine), it appears it is profile 14 (2nd & 3rd digit on the number you gave), but obviously it would be good to know if this is also the profile other users are having problems with before anyone can say it is a Profile 14 SIM problem.

Could be that the problem is something different altogether!

Cheers.

Guest dalecon

Sorted at last

You will need to do a hard reboot, which means you'll lose all your data if you haven't backed it up

Turn the phone off

Hold the 2 soft keys (black keys either side of the SPV text)

Still holding the 2 soft keys press the power on butoon for 1 sec.

You'll get a black screen, with some text that says press 0 to reformat

Press 0

Ater a while you'll get a status bar when it reaches 100% it'll say press OK

The phone will reboot

Press and hold the 1 key and there's the vm number

Double check turn the phone off and back on, press and hold 1 key vm number is still there

Thanks

Guest Transform

i have a c500 on o2 but it does not go onto voicemail when i press 1. the voicemail number is 901 but is there a way of setting it in the registry or something?

Guest Bibendum
I dont have this problem, never have, with my C500. And my current ROM I upgraded last week/the week before to 4.2.1.1

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had this problem after getting c500 in January.

OCS sent me 3 Sim updates - no joy!! :cry:

Download rom update - hey presto answer phone back to key 1 :D

Guest M1DUL
Hi,

I was told it could be a that the handset is not reading the SIM properly to obtain the VM number. Possibly only a problem on a certain SIM profile.

Could you let me know what the 2nd row of your SIM says: 894412 is standard but the second row should tell us what profile your SIM is.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi All,

I am also getting the same problem with the Voice Mail No. changeing every time you turn of the phone. My Sim No. on the 2nd line on SIM card is 11541 so Mine looks like a Sim Profile 15

Guest dalecon
i have a c500 on o2 but it does not go onto voicemail when i press 1. the voicemail number is 901 but is there a way of setting it in the registry or something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Click Start\Settings\Phone\Call options

Scoll down to voice mail and type the O2 vm number, press Done

HTH

Guest dalecon
Hi All,

I am also getting the same problem with the Voice Mail No. changeing every time you turn of the phone. My Sim No. on the 2nd line on SIM card is 11541 so Mine looks like a Sim Profile 15

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you got the latest ROM?

If you already have the lastest ROM, do a backup of your stuff and try the hard reboot

Thanks