C550/M500 Launched - Prices Now Posted!

Guest amo

Guest PenFold101

Just thought i'd post here an say that the C550 has been released in the UK this afternoon, just rung up on the off chance and they let me upgrade :D From orange it comes with a 128mb mini SD card. Not sure about anything else like hands free as I didnt ask :)

Just cant wait until the post arives on thursday now to upgrade from the e200 :D

Guest hotphil

My bad. I ordered last Sunday and thought "order complete 11/07/2005" meant that it was complete i.e. sent out. Apparently not. On checking it turns out that "complete" means "incomplete". Nice. Good use of language/terminology. I feel a Plain English Campaign Crystal Award coming their way. This evening I am told that they have them in stock, but I'll be honest, she didn't fill me with confidence and I've been told a lot of cr%p today so wouldn't be surprised if that was a mistake/lie. When I rang yesterday I was told that it should be shipped today (notice "should" not "would"). Hey-ho, yet another let down. Every online order experience I've had in the last two years with a multitude of suppliers has been a similar joke. I'll add onestopphoneshop to the "blacklist".

Still, they have said that if I can find another supplier who has them in stock (I need it delivered for the weekend) then I can cancel their order. Now, do I believe http://coolsmartphone.fonetasticwarehouse....phones.php/3909 when they say they've got them in stock? Or will I be disappointed again?

Edited by hotphil

Guest pd.ryder

Ordered mine - arrives tomorrow morning!!! :)

OCS (343) suggested it comes with 64Mb card but this isn't stated on their literature. It might be 128Mb as PenFold101 says.

Guest Squattie

hotphil,

I was duped by OSPS's strange interpretation of the phrase 'order complete' too... Let's hope that the person you spoke to today was telling the truth - I'll let you know if mine arrives tomorrow (though I'm not holding my breath).

William.

Guest hotphil
hotphil,

I was duped by OSPS's strange interpretation of the phrase 'order complete' too... Let's hope that the person you spoke to today was telling the truth - I'll let you know if mine arrives tomorrow (though I'm not holding my breath).

William.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I've got an email back from them today. Guess what? They do not have any in stock. I doubt they ever did. They have no idea at all if/when they will ever get them. Not impressed.

I'd strongly advise any one else not to bother with OSPS.

Guest SimonMoore

:-) Just Rang 343 and ordered a C550 as an upgrade along with Double minutes for the first 6 months (Free upgrade BTW for 120min or bigger contracts). I asked if they were in stock and she said yes should get to me tomorrow. Should be a welcome upgrade to my E200 (Which is still going fine). I like this new policy of giving existing customers a good deal.

Guest hotphil

Sadly I was silly enough to volunteer for the Orange 3g trial a while back and now whenever i speak to them it is a nightmare to get them to believe that i am not in contract. plus i have now instructed them to change my handset to payg. i think they would melt if i tried to change it to an upgrade to a c550 now

Guest hotphil

I've just ring OSPS. Apparently the stock arrived in today. Back orders should be shipped out "shortly". SOOOOOO wish I'd used someone else.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.