Cricket Game

Guest inlinesk8a

Guest Disco Stu

Well I've never seen one but you've just given me a brilliant idea.

There's a dice-type game you can probably still get from toy shops where you had 2 hexagonal rollers.

From what I can remember you rolled one which represented the bowler. So the options would have been : score runs, dot ball, wicket etc. The next one determined how many runs you scored.

You would need to set up options for limited overs or 2-innings-each and maybe pre-load player names.

How simple is that ?!

How simple would it be to knock up a Smartphone game that replicated it ?!

You'd need to get the original to get the correct options but I doubt that would be particularly hard. I may even have a set somewhere. We used to play it for hours at school. Eeehh......them were t'days. Maybe a conkers game could be another idea :( :o

Guest Disco Stu

I've found it :o

The game was called "Owzthat" and cost £1.10 back in the days when we last stuffed the Aussies. It was made by W. Lindop Ltd of Manchester, London & Bristol and marketed as "The cricket game for all weathers"

Batsman goes first and rolls his dice which has the following outcomes :

Owzthat

He (or it may be a she since our Traceys beat their Sheilas as well !) keeps rolling and building up his score until he rolls Owzthat. Then the bowler gets to roll his dice.

Dice 2 (the bowler's) has the following marked on its sides :

No Ball

Bowled

Caught

Not Out

LBW

Stumped

I think we all know how the game pans out by now :(