How Do You Install *.xml Files On Your Sp?

Guest TOPGUN1988

Guest TOPGUN1988

:o some of the applications and games in the Download section do not have an automatic installer and contain some *.xml setups which i don't know how to install on my motorola MPx200 smartphone 2003... how do you install these? example: "Yacht Game" in the downloads section comes with an *.xml setup + 2 files and i can't install it... (aren't *.xml formats used for homescreens instead of applications?) please help!

Guest Disco Stu

As you know, some homescreens come as a package of xml + jpg(s) files. All you need to do with these is to copy them into \Storage \Application Data \Home and select them in Settings, Home as is normal. The same goes for xml + folder containing several jpgs etc - just copy the lot and leave those in the folder in the folder :(

If you're trying to install a game or something then I would guess that you've mistaken a cab file for a zip file. Some versions of Windows will do this. Simply copy the cab file (unpacked) to \Storage \Windows \Start Menu using ActievSync. Now hit the left softkey and find the icon for the file in the programs menu. Highlight it and hit the action key. It will now install itself - follow the on-screen instructions.

:o

Guest TOPGUN1988

:o hey thanks, you're right i didn't see the *.cab extension and thought i had to unzip it as most files i download from Downloads section come in *.zip files..

Guest Disco Stu

Its a 'mistake' we've all made at some point - it helps to check the full description of what you're downloading and to show 'known file extensions' in Windows folders view.

At the same time though, if you're looking at the screen when using WinZip or WinRAR to unpack the files you can get very confused ! :o