Flashlight...

Guest Laser_iCE

Guest Laser_iCE

Okay, so the flash is pretty pointless when it comes to taking photo's, but what about turning it on to see things? I tend to just turn my screen on and then face it away from me so i can see the ground and what-not, however, does anyone know if it's possible to turn the flash on without having to load the camera up? It's a pain having to wait for it to load, etc. etc. just to turn the light on...

I would love to set it as a hardware button alternative! I had another question that I wanted to ask ... But I don't remember anymore, haha. I'm sure I'll think of it later...

ANnnnnnnnyway, so yeah, is it possible to turn the flash [light] on without the camera? Thanks!

Guest abhayseth

what phone is this????

Okay, so the flash is pretty pointless when it comes to taking photo's, but what about turning it on to see things? I tend to just turn my screen on and then face it away from me so i can see the ground and what-not, however, does anyone know if it's possible to turn the flash on without having to load the camera up? It's a pain having to wait for it to load, etc. etc. just to turn the light on...

I would love to set it as a hardware button alternative! I had another question that I wanted to ask ... But I don't remember anymore, haha. I'm sure I'll think of it later...

ANnnnnnnnyway, so yeah, is it possible to turn the flash [light] on without the camera? Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very cool idea even....

so this should be a shout out to the developers amongst us modaco members.

I think a lot of people would like this option. (including me.. I do the same way as laser-ice)

Pigo

Guest bennish

hear hear!

I'll add myself to the list of interested parties. I'd even pay for it. Would be so convenient, it's an extremely good light.

Just that turning it on, entering camera, and pressing the 'flash' button kinda defeats the purpose of convenience!

Guest Echilon

Is there any way to turn it on with a hardware button or button combo? It's a pain to have to get the stylus out to turn it on when taking a photo.

Guest lozzd
Is there any way to turn it on with a hardware button or button combo? It's a pain to have to get the stylus out to turn it on when taking a photo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Erm, did you read the other posts? the whole point is that we want a way to turn it on!

Guest Laser_iCE

Haha, good to see that I have support ;) I tried long and hard to find it in the commands of SPB Pocket Plus, and still found nothing ... I'll probably post this over at XDA-Developers soon too.

EDIT: I just remembered... One time when I was playing around with my phone, I turned the flash on, and then the LCD screen turned off, but the light stayed on ... Just a little bit of incentive ;)

Edited by Laser_iCE

Guest Echilon
Erm, did you read the other posts? the whole point is that we want a way to turn it on!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the OP was asking for a way to use the flash light without the camera. I just wanted to know if there was a hardware button to press to turn it on instead of having to tap the flashlight icon.

Guest Madeye

Doesn't work on my o2 XDA mini... ;)

There's no suggestions in their forum either!

I wish I knew how to write code to do this... I know a little C# and some java but I'd definately like to know how to put it to use.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adchaffey

I've got to add my vote for this too. Went on a badly organised camping trip to spain last week, stumbling around in the dark to find my tent where I'd then have to attempt to sleep on concrete like floor!