HTC Hermes pics...

Guest Syphon Filter

Guest Pondrew

;)

2.1 meg camera, video calling/3G, I want that device! ;)

Only uncertainty is the 300Mhz Samsung processor. Wonder how that'll compare to the latest offerings from Texas Instruments and Intel...

Guest Syphon Filter
So, has anybodyany further news on a possible release date on Orange yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hasnt the M3000 only just come out on Orange? If so then I reckon it will be a while...

T-Mobile will probably take this on first.

Guest nevawlkalone

You know more than i do probably...im just sticking my 2cents in...lol

i saw it when reading a report about them releasing their version of the c550 with WinMob5

• 4 weeks later...
Guest haddock26

T-mobile uk will be 1st, very soon.

Orange uk did not have the M3000, but will have the M3100 (Hermes) at some point.

I think o2 uk will be after t-mobile, but anyone any idea when?

Guest Confucious

As the specs are for a German T-Mob Vario II from the box but the pics are a UK version (QWERTY rather than QWERTZ keyboard) and the site is French (AZERTY keyboard) it does rather look like T are getting ready with this one.

Not only quad vand + UMTS (3G) but Edge (2.75G) and HSDPA (3.5G) as well

Will T be doing a W'n'W Pro bundle to go with this? At the moment the Universal is the only 3G device available and I love it but it doesn't support HSDPA (which only the Pro data package does)

I think this device will prove very popular - expect a shortage when it first comes out then for T to do a 25% off a W'n'W Pro bundle a couple of months later and for everyone to complain that they didn't get the 25% off ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dearsina

Orange will eventually release it, but only after taking out WiFi, and other useful features.

/Still pissed off that the C600 is sans WiFi

//8 June: Good bye Orange, hello T-Mobile and unlimited GPRS goodness

Guest belfast-biker
Orange will eventually release it, but only after taking out WiFi, and other useful features.

/Still pissed off that the C600 is sans WiFi

//8 June: Good bye Orange, hello T-Mobile and unlimited GPRS goodness

Why on earth did they do that???

BTW Goodbye O2, Hello TMobile when the Hermes comes out here too... ;)

Guest Shuflie
Why on earth did they do that???

BTW Goodbye O2, Hello TMobile when the Hermes comes out here too... ;)

Is that going to be "Goodbye O2, Hello TMobile followed by goodbye Vario II, welcome back Exec and a pot of cash" or "Goodbye O2, Hello TMobile followed by goodbye Exec, hello Vario II and a (possibly bigger) pot of cash"

Guest sporkguy
Is that going to be "Goodbye O2, Hello TMobile followed by goodbye Vario II, welcome back Exec and a pot of cash" or "Goodbye O2, Hello TMobile followed by goodbye Exec, hello Vario II and a (possibly bigger) pot of cash"

;) Somehow I think you thought about that far too much lol! :P

Guest belfast-biker

The latter. ;)

Although I love the style of the Exec, the size of the Vario is something I loved with my original XDA Mini.

I'll miss VGA res though, so who knows, may keep it....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sgray

any more news on when the HTC Hermes will be released?

im due to be out of contract on orange in a month, and i am really hoping to get over to t-mobile on a decent tarrif as orange have totally ruined theirs.

a 3g mini pda would be a welcome return from my rubbish nokia 6680... oh why did i ever give up my spv!

Guest Confucious
I don't think it is.

You're right! it looks like the XDA Trion isn't due in germany 'til July so will probably be out in the UK in Aug like the others.

If it's anything like the Universal, Orange will release the M3100 6 months after everyone else has released theire's due to extra testing and when they do releaae it, it will be with an older,less stable ROM version.

Who? Me? cynical? never.... :)

Guest ClintEastman
You're right! it looks like the XDA Trion isn't due in germany 'til July so will probably be out in the UK in Aug like the others.

If it's anything like the Universal, Orange will release the M3100 6 months after everyone else has released theire's due to extra testing and when they do releaae it, it will be with an older,less stable ROM version.

Who? Me? cynical? never.... :)

And will never get a ROM update after that!

As soon as it drops on T-Mobile it's bye bye Orange.

Guest Syphon Filter

When are the non-network models going to be released? I want the imates and the Qteks to hit the market!!

Does anyone have any info??

Guest Syphon Filter
No idea -just out of interest, why do you want a non network model?

Because i just (3 months in or so) got my t-mob contract with a Vario. I dont mind paying for an offline one but Tmob are totally lame/slow with releasing ROM updates etc.

Qtek and iMate seem to be much more on the ball with releasing updates and things...plus getting one offline will mean my contract will be unaffected etc.