iMate

Guest sxywill2005

Guest sxywill2005

For some reason my iMate JASJAR wouldn't switch on, and the battery would not charge etc, I tried another battery, but no luck.

So I sent my JasJar for repair and they say I physically damaged the unit by over twisting the screen. Now I am a IT professional, and I am not stupid to turn a rotational screen in the wrong direction.

SBE wants me to pay

Guest fluffcat1

The jasjar variation is known for this particularly. And SBE are also well known to be quite bad at repairing devices.

google search or checkout xda developers.

edit - even with the screen umbilical broken in the hinge the device should power up / charge / recognise on your computer etc.

2nd edit - the hinge in the jasjar variation doesn't have the same 'stop' as the other universals so may have been redesigned as an engineering fix for later variations - this may mean that even though you haven't over-twisted the screen that as it's listed as a plausable excuse for a chargeable repair for i-mate's device you will have trouble proving otherwise. If SBE are anything like other outsourced warranty agents I have dealt with they will have a %/

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

Where / who did you buy it from? You may have protection from your CC company. I'd send an email to imate personally, explaining that as the fault was not screen related ( using my info above - you couldn't boot the phone / sync t pc etc :-) then you can't see how it could be a display problem. Complain loudly about SBE's lack of service as well.

Richard