Disable soft keyboard?

Guest Pompey

In IExplorer, Vario in lanscape mode (i.e. keyboard out) and yet the screen keyboard keeps popping up on certain websites (in the text entry fields). Is there anyway to stop this silly thing popping up all the time? As far as I'm concerned it should only be an option in portrait mode and only when tapped.. I don't need it pre-empting me all the time :D

TIA

Don't know if there's a hack to stop any of the onscreen input methods popping up, but as soon as you use the hardware keyboard it disappears anyway.

Dunno about that Jim, I've had some weird responses on this so far.

For instance, in a textarea, up/down keys don't go up and down any more, since I reg hacked the scrolling.

Which is annoying.

And the screen keyboard still appears sometimes, even when the kb is out?

Guest Paul (MVP)

You can achieve what you want to by firstly installing PHM PowerToys from my 'must have software thread'.

This installs an input method that is basically 'nothing'.

Then, you can download and install PQz from here, which allows you to set default input methods for orientation. Configure portrait mode to whatever you normally like using, and landscape to the PHM Tools empty input method.

Job done :D

P

PS The CHT9000 version of PQz is the one you want :D

• 3 weeks later...

Will this be in any helpful to rectifying the situation with my ever-failing "testing" of the PhonePad input device? Which doesn't work. It also screws up TenGO, so I'm a bit at a loss as for what to do with a portrait input.

Will this be in any helpful to rectifying the situation with my ever-failing "testing" of the PhonePad input device?
PhonePad works great on my Vario II. What problems are you having? Edited by fozzie

PhonePad works great on my Vario II. What problems are you having?

Sometimes when I soft reset the device it reverts back to the default keyboard. Then you just can't seem to change it back, whether you use SIPchange or not, it just doesn't work. Other times it does. Seems totally random! Other people have this as well I believe.

Also, what the hell is the deal with PQz? I installed it and it banged a whacking great white square on the top bar, which is nasty. I turned the BMP off for that, and then it wouldn't launch any more? I had to uninstall it.

Edited by NikLP