FCC Leakage: O2 XDA Stealth

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

[teaser]

xda_stealth.png

You've gotta love the FCC. They're great at leaking information on, as yet, unannounced devices! Their most recent leak is of the O2 XDA Stealth, a reincarnation of the Gigabyte g-Smart with 192MB and some kind of multitap text input (not T9).

More pics and specs after the jump...

[/teaser]

• WM5 for PPCPE
  • 192MB ROM
  • 64MB RAM
  • 802.11g Wi-Fi
  • 416Mhz CPU
  • Analogue TV Tuner

Nothing really new there but the lack of memory was the one problem with the original g-Smart. Due to it's lack of memory, they could not include any kind of predictive text app, which made the keypad pretty useless. Could this be the perfect PPC for everyday phone use? You better belive it baby :D

You can check out my interactive review of the original g-Smart HERE. More FCC info, including user manual HERE.

xda_stealth1.jpg

Guest Fredde87

nice, I badly want that phone now!

edit: anyone else notice on that pictures of the handset that it has the same weird/crap headphone connector as the strtrk?

Edited by Fredde87

no, it wont be 3g...but that doent really matter and no front camera because its just a g-Smart with more memory and a diff case.

the headset connector is proprietary and is designed differently so it can be used as a TV antenna port too.

Well if it looks as good as the original g-smart but with the improvements, then looks like it will be one good phone ....... would be interested in it myself ... as long as O2 offer a tarrif that could let me use it ... something similar to T-Mobiles (anybody know if they do anything to compete with T-Mobile).

Guest Laser_iCE

I've said this about so many phones now ... But it's official - that is effing HOT! That is pretty much perfect for what I want... It looks like one of those "too cool for school" nokia phones, except this thing is a friggin PDA with WM5! Bring it on :D Hopefully they continue in this direction... With the way that i-mate are going, I assume we'll never seen an i-mate variant? :D

Guest Fredde87

yeah but by the time they close the analogue broadcast you will probebly have a different phone anyway... I really want them to release it soon! I will get a company phone in a week and I badly want that one...

Well guys, don't get your hopes up too much. O2 Germany and UK are very HTC loyal. This is most likely to only be available in Asia. That doesn't explain why the FCC have tested it though. O2 don't operate in America...

I really wish UK nets would pick up Gigabyte devices as they piss all over anything HTC has to offer from a great height in regard to form vs function.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Twisticles

Yeah baby!

This device sounds like it was made for me :rolleyes: Althought I'd still take 3G over wifi, just because of wider availability.

Gutted to hear it might not be released here...although the FCC testing offers some hope. Although knowing O2 I guess if they did release it here it would be on some crappy business tariff :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.