Quickmark finally add HTC Universal support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
post-1-1170674165_thumb.png

It's been a while coming and most of us have been playing with QR codes for a while... but now HTC Universal (SPV M5000, MDA Pro, i-mate JasJar etc. etc.) owners can get in on the act too!

QuickMark have just made a Universal client available at their download page - http://www.quickmark.com.tw/download.html. Look for the 'Dopod 900' device. Check out http://diy.quickmark.com.tw/sa_eng/ to make some really cool codes :D

Of course, their range of other supported devices is still huge, so if you're not a Universal owner, you should still head over and have a play! Check out my original post here to see what all the fuss is about :)

P

This is even cooler now it has the encryption thing

:) I can read Alan's QM but I can't read the fancy one with the two lines down the side - I have QM V3.0 on my M3100 any reason why I can't read these new fancy one ? Do I need to upgrade ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Mailman

Been waiting for this for months ever since I first came across it and just checked Quickmark's web page by chance.

Downloaded and installed on my XDAEXEC (universal) and its runs beautifully.

Even created a test email icon - scanned on phone and hit the email option when it had recognised it and what can I say - it emailed!

This app is truly amazing and the possibilities endless - though I think I might skip the tattoo on the back of the neck (Yes someone has done it).

The Mailman

• 4 months later...
Guest stoker1
Been waiting for this for months ever since I first came across it and just checked Quickmark's web page by chance.

Downloaded and installed on my XDAEXEC (universal) and its runs beautifully.

Even created a test email icon - scanned on phone and hit the email option when it had recognised it and what can I say - it emailed!

This app is truly amazing and the possibilities endless - though I think I might skip the tattoo on the back of the neck (Yes someone has done it).

The Mailman

Can anyone point me to where I can figure out the basics and what this program does? I have it on my HTC Tytn,,latest version,, and I don't know how to begin using it. Thx

Guest chucky.egg

It reads "2D bar codes".

You encode some information (web address, contact details, text, all sorts of things) into an image - there's a link on their website and in the thread that tells you where to go to do that.

Once encoded the image can be placed on pretty much anything. You start the app on your phone, point the camera at the image and it decodes it.

Try encoding a contact and point your phone camera at it to see what it does

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.