SPV M700 appears on Orange UK website

Guest ddieter

Guest ddieter

Now that the M700 is in the coming soon section of the Orange UK website, does anyone have any inside information of when?

What is the typical lag time between appearing on coming soon, and being available for sale.

Noticed there is absolutely no mention of the GPS feature. That doesn't look promising. :)

Guest seaephpea

Apparently it's being released next week. I went in to a store to see a dummy, and they told me they had one, but they couldn't show me it till it was released, which they said was next week.

Doesn't seem much point buying it on Orange though unless they're releasing a data package comparable to Web'n'Walk... When is the announcement on the new animals expected?

Tom

Guest simonclark123

I just called into my local Orange shop today and can report that the I was shown two SPV M700 dummies, one black, one white.

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Guest Kalos2006

I'm waiting for the m700 to be released - I seem to be constantly on the phone asking if they know when it will be out, and pressing refresh on the orange shop webpage.

On the business shop on orange.co.uk there's a graphic on http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/talksha...ness/orange/all which says orange m700i free on selected plans. Obviously when I click on it it simply says 'coming soon' however - does this mean that there will be two versions - the m700 and the m700i? If so, does anyone know what the difference in fuctions will be??

Finally, anyone know the latest release date?

Paul

Guest ddieter

It now appears on the orange website as "out of stock". I assume this means its has now been officially launched, just not available. So impatient! :)

I just double-checked and it now says "Coming soon" again. I swear its said out of stock before....I'm not going crazy.

Edited by ddieter

Guest sjalloq
It now appears on the orange website as "out of stock". I assume this means its has now been officially launched, just not available. So impatient! :)

I just double-checked and it now says "Coming soon" again. I swear its said out of stock before....I'm not going crazy.

Well it's now appearing for sale with a contract.

Does anyone know what data packages are available to new customers as I can't find any info on the Orange website?

I'm moving from O2 and will probably go for a medium usage contract as I don't use the phone that much...but I really want a decent data package and T-Mobile are dragging their heels releasing the Trinity.

Thanks.

Guest pock8081

I spoke with Orange customer services yesterday (160207) and they stated that the M700 would be wisely available on new orange contracts from the 1st March 07. The bloke on the phone gave the impression that it would be free on a £30-35 contract. He said that they had passed a prototype around the office and that it looked like an impressive bit of kit.

Guest sjalloq

OK, I got fed up of waiting and went into my local Orange shop today. I picked up an M700 for free on a £35 18-month contract along with the £5 per month unlimited off-peak data package. I have wi-fi at work and at home so decided I didn't care about the T-Mobile web 'n' walk package.

Unfortunately I've not got it with me because the registration system went down meaning I've got to go back tomorrow to pick it up. I had a play in the shop and it was lovely. Responsive and felt really well built. Can't wait to pick it up and have a play.

I'll start a new thread tomorrow with my first impressions and some photos hopefully. If you have any specific question for me to answer then post them here and I'll pick them up tomorrow.

Laters.

Guest dave106
Now that the M700 is in the coming soon section of the Orange UK website, does anyone have any inside information of when?

What is the typical lag time between appearing on coming soon, and being available for sale.

Noticed there is absolutely no mention of the GPS feature. That doesn't look promising. :)

Orange France have now released a GPS enabled ROM update. Expect Orange UK to follow suit.

Guest sjalloq

Well just a quick update. I've had a play and am getting used to the interface but using a stylus is new to me. overall the build quality is great and I'm very happy with it.

Posted using my M700, but T9 is so much faster! :)

Guest dave106

update on gps, a user on xda reports their m700 from an orange shop already has gps enabled, despite no mention what so ever in any literature.

ROM is 1.23.61.5

radio is 1.30.00.01

rom is dated 25 jan 07

model number is TRIN100

are the details from his phone. enable the gps control panel in registry and use com9 in gps programs apparently.

will be ending my current o2 contract and getting a free m700 on orange me thinks and ebaying off my charmer and gps unit :)

Guest sjalloq
update on gps, a user on xda reports their m700 from an orange shop already has gps enabled, despite no mention what so ever in any literature.

ROM is 1.23.61.5

radio is 1.30.00.01

rom is dated 25 jan 07

model number is TRIN100

are the details from his phone. enable the gps control panel in registry and use com9 in gps programs apparently.

will be ending my current o2 contract and getting a free m700 on orange me thinks and ebaying off my charmer and gps unit :)

Those version numbers match what's on my M700 so will try it. Can you suggest which registry editor to use please? I tried installing PHM last night but it didn't work so I assumed it wasn't compatible.

Guest sjalloq
When I get my M700 i'll CAB something up to enable the applet / make the necessary config tweaks...

P

OK, managed to work out what was happening. With respect to PHM Regedit, the auto installer didn't work so I had to try and find out which CAB file to use. If anyone else is looking for this information then the following file worked with my M700: regedit.Mrln_ARM.cab

Once installed, I searched for "GPS" from the top level down and the first Key Name it found was "GPS Settings" with a Value Name of "Hide". All I did was set the Value Data to 0 and once rebooted, the GPS icon was visible in the System tab of the Settings menu.

One of the bookmarks in the Favourites menu is for Orange Sat Nav, so I downloaded this and installed it. Seems to work fine. I was able to select that I wanted a POI, it found my location, connected and downloaded the local map and asked me if I was driving or walking. I have a TomTom GO510 for my car and this Orange interface looked and felt very slick indeed.

Hope that's of use.

Edited by sjalloq

Guest coastersteve

Does anyone know where I can find a step by step (read beginners) guide to enable the GPS side of the trinity? I should be getting mine at some point tomorrow :)

Guest sjalloq
Does anyone know where I can find a step by step (read beginners) guide to enable the GPS side of the trinity? I should be getting mine at some point tomorrow :)

Check my post #18 above. Follow these steps:

1. Download and install a registry editor of your choice. There are lots but PHM Regedit is free and works for what you need to do. You install it by copying the .cab file to an area of memory on your phone using Windows Explorer. Then use the built in File Explorer that ships with your PocketPC to find the file and select it. This will start the install.

2. Once installed, launch Regedit and follow my notes in post #18 to change the registry key value.

3. Restart.

4. Go to Start->Settings->GPS and you should be able to see the GPS relevant settings.

5. Install the GPS software of your choice. If you just want to see if it works and are on Orange, try the free trial download I mentioned.

HTH.