plugin destination/icon help

Guest xjakex

Guest xjakex

I just got the claunch program. I've been messing with, but I can't seem to figure out where a lot of the stuff is. I really only want a few shortcuts. ie: messages, instant messaging, internet explorer, pictures/videos, and tctmp video player. I was also wondering if anyone had any good icons to use.thanks a lot:)-jakeoh ps. anyone of a free weather plugin?

Guest mandt

Hi,

cLaunch is great, easily the best today screen launcher

For linking to apps with cLaunch simply link to the shortcut in the start menu (\Windows\Start Menu) and cLaunch will use the icon from the shortcut

Guest xjakex

good call! thanks a bunch! now is there anyway to get the memory icon from settings on this too? I'd like to be able to end programs quickly. :)still looking for a weather pluginthanks again though

Guest mandt

Ok here's a little reading for you:

How to make your own cLaunch icons

cLaunch can use bitmaps, which is an easier method than the one below, however I prefer to use .dlls which, although longer, gives excellent results, and once you know how to do it takes less than a minute :D

First Download:

Resource hacker from >HERE<

And this template I have prepared for you: template.zip

There are plenty of places on the web you can get icons from, deviantart is a good starting point.

Have a browse and grab yourself some icons you like in .png format. I find 32 x 32 pixels a perfect size for cLaunch

Now visit This free online image conversion website and convert your .png into .ico

(or you may have an image editor like Photoshop or the Gimp, which could convert your image for you)

Now with your new .ico residing on your PC fire up Resource hacker and open my template with it

Expand the 'icon group' branch and highlight '1033'

post-174863-1174177712_thumb.jpg

Now from the menu bar select 'Action>Replace Icon...'

Click 'Open file with new icon...' Browse to your chosen icon and click 'Replace'

Save and you're done :(

All you have to do now is copy the .dll to your phone and tell cLaunch to use it

Now go and find yourself a Memory icon and get playing ;)

Edited by mandt

Guest xjakex

wow, you are too freakin nice! i'm gonna try and makin some sweet icons. do you happen to know how to customize the box around cLaunch? i'd like to make it shorter in heighth because it makes a scroll bar on my today screen, and that looks stupid.

thanks a ton for the icon help! i'm finally getting the hang of customizing my phone.

-jake

Guest mandt

I don't have cLaunch installed at the mo (trying out a new look ;) )but if I remember correctly:

In the cLaunch setings there is a 'System' tab which will allow you to change the plugin height (down to the exact pixel!)

Have a look at my post >HERE< for some more ideas