Replacement LCD Screen

Guest thekingster

Guest thekingster

My screen seems to have magicaly cracked while writing a text, very small however it is growing and has split the LCD. Does anyone know where you can get replacement LCD screens? I cant find them anywhere!!

Many thanks in advance...

Guest owziee
My screen seems to have magicaly cracked while writing a text, very small however it is growing and has split the LCD. Does anyone know where you can get replacement LCD screens? I cant find them anywhere!!

Many thanks in advance...

I'm sorry I don't know but this is worrying indeed. It's the 2'nd S710 in this forum that the LCD have cracked while user was just typing a text. I'm a bit curious... did this happen while you was typing on the qwerty keyboard or the standard phone keys?

Guest thekingster
I'm sorry I don't know but this is worrying indeed. It's the 2'nd S710 in this forum that the LCD have cracked while user was just typing a text. I'm a bit curious... did this happen while you was typing on the qwerty keyboard or the standard phone keys?

just the standard keys. I am going to ring the supplier insight UK but I have a feeling they wont believe me and wont replace the handset. I have only had it for a month...

• 5 weeks later...

Did anything ever come of this? Same thing has just happened to my e650, starting just above the directional pad. No damage to case and it is NEVER in my pocket without a case and was working fine just 2 minutes earlier. Phoning Orange in a mo about it, thankfully I do have another phone to be going on with but not too happy. Was an excellent phone up to that moment

The screen seems to be under tension all the time. That's easy to see if it displays a black fullscreen image (such as the beginning of a video), then the screen looks much brighter at the bottom - just as the effect when you push your finger onto a TFT panel.

The screen seems to be under tension all the time. That's easy to see if it displays a black fullscreen image (such as the beginning of a video), then the screen looks much brighter at the bottom - just as the effect when you push your finger onto a TFT panel.

Thankfully I got my replacement phone this morning, but I did take the chance to examine my old handset to get an idea on what caused it to crack the display. Indeed the mount can flex upward when the keyboard is slid out, but the pressure seems greater with the keyboard in rather than out, at least on my old handset. Looking at the metal back. right where the crack starts there is a small mark which could be from the spring mechanism.

Still, the new handset seems to be that bit better with sliding the keyboard in and out, and the screen looks to be happy, no sign if stressing at the moment, though we shall see how it goes...