Serial Cable Arrived

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest plink212

Paul,

This is the ugly method I use

Connect to phone in Hyperterm

Go to transfer/capture text and select a text file name

type rbmc dump 0x00000000 2000000

it will sit there for a while thinking (at this point get a cup of tea) and then dump to terminal about 32mb which i beleive is the total rom

then you can open it in winhex and search with that.

I did as plink212 wrote (good advice) and found this which might be worth looking at:

Set SIM Lock ok

hidewrite 650515

setmslen 1

hideaddtest 650515 "23486F"

hideaddtest 650515 "00101F"

hideaddimsi 650515 "46699F"

hideaddimsi 650515 "46697F"

hideaddimsi 650515 "46692F"

hideaddimsi 650515 "20801F"

hideaddimsi 650515 "23830F"

hideaddimsi 650515 "20620F"

hideaddimsi 650515 "22803F"

hideaddimsi 650515 "23433F"

Set SIM Lock fail

hidesetunlockcode 650515 "12345678"

hideclear 650515 "12345678"

Start setting SIM Lock

This can be coincidence but the hideaddimsi as written 8 times - just as many times as the number of digits in the unlocking code.

After that there is some part where the unlockcode is set to "12345678"

This is the code the someone can get their phone to set as the simlock code.

Does the code hide in the 8 hideaddimsi or maybe at some address 650515 ??

Paul: Does any of this give any meaning - you got an unlocked phone to compare with... ?

Guest plink212

had a quick poke around at the addresses. Nothing of real interest but I can make an 8 digit number from 2 of the addresses

46697f gives me a 5 digit hex number and

23830F gives me a 0

This does actually give me an 8 digit number but i think it is coincidental.

No real news to tell i'm afraid other than the fact that the command interpreter is located at 10A00000 and that is 8k in length

Guest florin_m

Guys u playing on a DANGEROUS ZONE ;) specialy using unlock /erase commands :lol:

BE CAREFULL :lol: if u damage the boot zone will end up with a dead phone and i don't know if orange will cover that :D

Anyway if u end up with a dead one send it over so i'll fix it for u :( (of course a small fee will be asked :( )

I can wish u a GOOD luck in finding the unlock code in dump file :D Considering is a 32 mega file and the code is not in clear (is 256 bits encrypted!!!) i can just wish u a very good luck!!!

Anyway if u wana play safe contact the guys wich unlock them insted of end up with a dead phone from experiments :lol:. Don't tell me i didn't worn you!

So insted u'll have to pay to repear a dead one, better pay to unlock it at profesional guys :lol:

Orange Care covers accidental damage, and I for one am taking reasonable care ;)

Hmm. Still having problems with the serial side of things.

I've got it plugged in at the three colour screen and loadup hyperterminal, but it doesn't seem like it's connected. I've got a flashing "_" with no ability to type.

I've made sure that the serial port is mapped to COM1 - and activesync recognises to sync with when in normal (not bootloader) mode...

Can anyone offer any advice?

florin, we all appreciate that you have figured out how to do that and make $$ on it. Monopoly has never been good for the market though and I'm sure that sooner or later one will come up with a solution and the monopoly will disappear.

I for one do not wish to pay for unlocking (with all due respect to your efforts and time spend on this). So don't put people off!, there are other professionals capable of arriving with a solution. On the other hand, if you meant to give us a lead - thanks, but it seems a bit vague to me.. No offense meant (as usual) - just constructive criticisms ;)

Go away florin, we know the risks if you dont want to help us just go away and take ya smileys with you, i know you are the "SPV Sage" although you have yet to give us any evidense to substantiate any of your claims!

Your a very annoying little person,

DJ Hope

PS im not as forgiving as madurkrainan, but what exactly has florin done for the spv community?

Florin_m: the only thing anyone has actually done is a rom dump to the console the "setunlock code" etc is just stuff contained within that dump. I dont see that dumping ones rom will fry anyones phone.

aGeS: all that stuff you dumped is in the backup file (when you do the mmc backup) thought you might be intrested.

Guest wideawake

Florin_m returns.

To throw us of the sent........???? Are we close???...

Hmmm, 50,000 users to cash in on, or 50,000 resourceful techno's who will not give up to release the SPV from its bonds.

Power to MoDaCo..Power to MoDaCo..Power to MoDaCo.

Guest florin_m

i was giving a advise in not loose time in searching in dump ;) i was been friendly :lol: but if u wana waste ur time no problem!

Dumping the flash is not frying the phone..but other comands can do (look on what i wrote unlock/erase...)

But u are so arrogant and impulsive. Anyway i have a grate fun reading this forum. Insted of focus on something more productive, you waste time.

How many users realy from this forum start making programs for spv, or doing some research on? I can tell u..about max 2%. The rest just reading and writing nonsenses :lol:

So insted on focus on some nonseses stupid thing, better focus on things to make the spv a better phone (since Orange don't realy give a s*** about it)

I personal manage to tweak it to be 3 times faster then it is. I was contact orange saing i wana help them, but i got no response from them So they realy care about spv!

A hint for uk or othe users then DK. Upgrade the phone to dk, save on card the gsm part. Reflash ur phone with the old back-up, and write the gsm part from DK update.

That will improve ur battery live (the gsm part is the problem regarding battery life)

more tweaks i'll wrote in a different topic.

Florin thats a very nice hint, im sorry i sound harsh but we just want a better phone experince and i believe you could share some things that would help us achieve that although it seems you wont, now i am wondering who is arrogant?

DJ Hope

I admit that I would like to see florin_m make the operator unlock public but I understand why he keeps it a secret and makes money on it instead. I don't think that I would have done that same but on the other hand: Why not ?

It seems like the rest of us are getting no-where with getting near the unlocking. Alot of us don't know s*** about this (me included) and are guessing. The ones that might have the knowledge to do this are very quiet on this topic.

As it seems like we're getting no-where I'd rather pay florin_m 1/3 of what Orange charges for the unlocking code (here in Denmark).

Florin_m: I think it would be very kewl if you'd make some tweaks public - no money in them anyway.

Yeh i agree with aGeS on that one i wouldnt imagine thier is any money in selling unlock codes for the SPV i just want mine unlocked because its handy to be able to use other networks id never pay for it except when it comes near to the end of my contract.

DJ Hope

Guest florin_m

Tonight i hope i gona finish my program (wich is doing all the tweaks) and put it for free. I can't tell post public how has been done cause using it without knowing what u doing can kill ur phone and i don't wana be responsable for that ;)

But the guys wich are intested in that can contact me and i gona share how i tweak it. But i don't held any responsabilitys about it :lol:

Personal i killed my phone few times, but i can fix it :lol:

That's why some info are good not to be make public cause users can kill their phones too easy.

Thats a fair point florin, post stuff in the developers section then most of the clueless people don't go in their!

On the flip side look at the XDA-Developers they share everything no one is holding them resposbile if they fry their XDAs, although they have H000GE disclaimers on their site.

Sounds like you have done pretty well florin sorry to have offended you, why dont you PM people who you believe can use your program without destroying their phones?

DJ Hope

florin i think most people on this forum are fairly sensible and if you released the info on how to unlock the phone i for 1 would only try to do it if i thought it was within my capabilities, and also if people did do it and got it wrong, look at the money you would make fixing them :wink:

lookin fwd to ur tweaking program

I can understand reluctance, just look at the number of posts in the customisation forum where people have messed up their phone registries - something I doubt they knew existed on their windows pcs! ;)

Regardless, you'll always have people being not thinking things through (so many t's) properly and then breaking their phones. Oh well.

(says he who managed to lose his contacts *and* screw up by clicking "backup" instead of "restore"...)

LOL, i was trying out programs in the windows directory the other day, theirs a new program from the danish update in their called smartclear.exe (dont know if anyone else has it) its not smart but it definately clears, destoryed half of my SD card and big chunks of my IPSM, nice.

Luckerly i have some good backups and was back up to "normal" within about 10 mins! If orange are going to give Priviledged Cert to apps like this who needs to write viruses?