Homescreen themes & skins II

Guest celsol

Okay some more homescreens and skins for you.

In2_spv.gif

Heres my thinking, if your happy with a particular homescreen layout stick with it

and just change the skin when you want (5 times a day in my case).

The above is a (slightly) reworked version of my old 'Industry' theme along with a new set of skins to use with it.

This is Ti2 , 3 skins available.

ti2_spv.gif

And finally theres the most versatile type of homescreens that seem to

have been overlooked a 'generic' homescreen for use with any image you

like but dont want to resort to the basic homescreens layouts that

were provided by Orange.

dtext_spv.gif

All these available from here: http://spv.mailsigs.com

Hope you like em

Celsol

some feedback would be nice ! ;)

I like the timewise one, but the battery/signal indicators etc at top should really be white instead of black...

Okay revised it, the zip now contains an updated version with white(ish) indicators.

absolutley fantastic stuff - i am being really lazy (i should edit it myself) here but is it possible to get a lighttext one with the bmp and the text in light colours (grey??) so I can put a darker background behind?

is it possible to get a lighttext one with the bmp and the text in light colours (grey??) so I can put a darker background behind?

No probs!

litesample.jpg

how's this?

Theme has been added to the link

Celsol

Guest Dr. Ralph

Hey Celsol - great themes - and very kind of you to customize it to the likings of different people and design wishes ;)

I'm looking for a theme like the lite/dark text theme you have - but what I think is missing from you great work and design is both an appointment AND a Today view - I have a lot of today appointments (that is appointments that are set to "all day" - like birthdays, celebrations (i.e christmas day, new years day), holidays and other stuff - typically things that occur that particular day, but not at a specific time)

This theme has got both:

http://ultragfv.alias.domicile.fr/stories....3/01/28/4176585

The all day event is in this case: St thomas d'Aquin and the upcoming appointment is: St egreve - could you do a theme and xml file that includes both of these ?

It would be really great 8)

Thanks in advance - and I know it's me being kind of lazy and you doing all the hard work.

Hey Celsol - great themes - and very kind of you to customize it to the likings of different people and design wishes  ;) 

I'm looking for a theme like the lite/dark text theme you have - but what I think is missing from you great work and design is both an appointment AND a Today view - I have a lot of today appointments (that is appointments that are set to "all day" - like birthdays, celebrations (i.e christmas day, new years day), holidays and other stuff - typically things that occur that particular day, but not at a specific time)

This theme has got both:

http://ultragfv.alias.domicile.fr/stories....3/01/28/4176585

The all day event is in this case: St thomas d'Aquin and the upcoming appointment is: St egreve - could you do a theme and xml file that  includes both of these ?

It would be really great  8) 

A very concise request... :lol:

How about this:

lite2sample.jpg

It's up on the site along with a 'Dark text' version, called them 'LiteText2' & 'DarkText2' :oops:

Hope they do the job for you!

Celsol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest orange_sandman

Probably a stupid question / one that is already answered elsewhere / one that belongs in the beginers forum... but I'm going to ask it anyway.

This is the first time I have put a theme/skin into my new toy, can someone post a set of idiot proof instructions on how to install it.

Was all prepared to copy the down loaded .hme file into the IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories folder. but opened the zip file and found a bmp and a jpg too. Not sure where these belong and have bottled out.

HELP!!!

PS looks great Celsol, will be very grateful for it as soon as I work out what the hell I am doing.

Guest awarner [MVP]

.hme files do not need unzipping, all you do is place the file on your phone via activsync.

If you don't have all-explorer installed you need to put the file in the following location.

IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories

Once you have done this all you do is (using your phone) go to ProgramsAccessories

and the file will be there. Just click on the file and it will self install.

Have fun

Guest orange_sandman

thanks. done this got a huge page containing a load of code show up in what appears to be the IE browser. Just had the standard browser options of menu and favorites.

What did I do wrong?

(what do I do with the cross hairs BMP that came in the zip file with the HME file?)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

All you need to do is copy the .hme into your start menu and run it, this will install and apply the theme, and even remove the .hme once it's finished.

If it is a .home.xml/.jpg combo then whack both into IPSMApplication datahome and apply them through the settings menu.

Guest orange_sandman

Had got my hme and xmls confused.

A good nights sleep and a fresh start and my phone finally looks like I wanted it to.

Big thanks to the moderators for all their help teaching me how to set this up and to Celsol for a cool design.

:)

Guest awarner [MVP]
Big thanks to the moderators for all their help teaching me how to set this up and to Celsol for a cool design.

;)

And to Monolithix as well :) but I'm sure he knew what you ment :lol:

Guest orange_sandman

and definitely to monolithix as well.

will teach me to try and type eat toast and get ready for work at the same time. :oops:

cheers Monolithix :wink: