OTA Unlock, a new site, a new location.

Guest Will

Guest maxh2003
For some reason the decert is not possible on the Developers site

The link that Fozzie posted, namely

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

looks like it still works; it just seems you can't get there via the site's front page any more.

They wouldn't be thinking of moving Decertification to *inside* the developers' forum, would they? That would be a nightmare... :)

Guest bootaonline

can any one tell me how i can unlock my orange spv e200 guys if there is any web site like for the spv e200 network locker unlocker?????

pls let me know

thanks

There is 'in theory' no need for decertifying the e200 as it has a prompt mode, if you wish to manually remove some more of the protections, simply goto the e100/spv site and use that method.

Guest Jaffa

:lol:

Hello one and all.

What a brilliant community. Friendly, helpful and not at all like the Microsoft 'official' usenet forum which seems to suffer from too much willy waggling from a few very vocal eedjits. Signal to Noise ratio very low. :lol:

I've waited until now to post since I wanted to achieve a basic degree of understanding before dipping my toe in the water.

So, moderators, why post on this thread...well, it's to confirm that I had to unlock my SPV e200 before I could install the Futurama skin.

I was only able to do so by gleaning info from the FAQ and elsewhere on the forum, I have managed to unlock my SPV e200, since I was unable to install the Futurama skin without doing so.

A big shout goes out for AWESOME WORK to the skin's creator - my initial feeling is that it is a much better home screen than the std. ones. Especially the added functionality for accessing the calendar, the clearer time display and the smaller mode display.

I have also installed beta versions of Smart Explorer and SP Task Manager. Both seem to add much needed control to the computer in my hand.

I never thought I'd get into this whole modding thang, but when you realise how powerful a tool it is, the little niggles one has with the handset mean that it's worth investing a little time so that one can tailor it to be a better tool. Without a forum such as this, I'd still be getting frustrated with the aspects of the basic s/w on the phone. So thanks. :)

Now, I am waiting for the firmware(?) upgrade that promises to improve battery life and call quality (one of the real shocks I got when I first got my hands on this phone!). Does anyone know when this is due? Please correct me if any of the terminology i use is incorrect, I am a n00b, afterall!

Essay over, thanks again, guys!

James

Guest Brody

Welcome to the site! The upgrade will come when its ready i'm afraid, dates are rarely given out, you'll just have to wait with the rest of us!

Guest Jaffa

Thanks Brody.

Sure, I've read so much stuff online over the last few nights, that it may be I heard about this firmware upgrade on the official M$ usenet site. Having read the Watchdog thread with interest (I agree with most of the sentiments aired therein; if I hadn't got this phone for free, I'd be LIVID).

It sucks being a BETA tester, when you are paying through the nose for the dubious privilege.

Having features that don't work as functioned is dodgy and perhaps illegal. I chose this phone based on its bluetooth capability and the fact they advertised in-car kits being available. I just hope they get it sorted before I have the cash to splash on a fitted car kit...

Guest matex

I just app unlocked my french spv e200 on the Orange France web site using the help section for the spv 100. Worked like a charm. Thanks to all in this forum for your help

hey ive followed the app unlcok advice and it didnt work im using an original spv

now i cancelld it and it keeps ringing the net and making a massive charge to my bill

any ideas or help?

cheers

Guest davo141

hey, anyway that i can unlock my e200 'without' having to connect to the internet from it? because i dont have moeny on my phone :lol: boohoo!

anyway at all please?? :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shodanjr_gr

Can you only decert ur phone OTA if u are on the Orange network?

Cause im using a sim unlocked SPV on the greek Vodafone network and really wish to decert it.

Any other methods to do this?

If u can also respond by PM i would be most gratefull.

Guest gymiller
Can you only decert ur phone http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=102618>OTA if u are on the Orange network?

Cause im using a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock SPV on the greek Vodafone network and really wish to decert it.

Any other methods to do this?

I also am looking for the answer to unlocking a SIM unlocked phone. I am in the US on the T-Mobile network using a SPV e200.

Thanks in advance!!

Guest djboo

some hints and a question:

firstly, the IMEI on the box that came with my fone is 2 digits shorter than the one action register gives me! these extra digits are important.

also, i couldnt get it to accept my number - i tried dropping the +44 and replacing it with a 0 - and lo and behold it worked. so my advice is get action register to get your IMEI - and then alter your number. this may not work if you are not in the UK or not an orange customer.

My question - one of the things i want on my phone most is either remote desktop or VNC client. i cant seem to find a smartphone RDP client (and is kinda out of the realms of this forum) but - i found plenty of VNC clients (mostly java ones - i have java working on this fone) but it seems, even with the fone decerted, access to the GPRS is limited...

is there a way i can further unlock the phone to allow VNC to work?

Guest maxh2003
either remote desktop or VNC client

Have you tried PTvncS (from Parys)? It's a bit buggy, and the keypad system for entering text on the remote machine is painful, but other than that it works well over GPRS or Bluetooth...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i've tried a million times now... this is pissing me off, IT WONT BLOODY WORK :/ *grrrrr*Ok i've tried a million times now... this is pissing me off, IT WONT BLOODY WORK :/ *grrrrr*

Ok... no idea what happened there. This damn OTA decert worked shinyly fine and quickly on my last e100... why is it being such a gimboid monkey now :/ ?

So what am I doing wrong this time?

Goto site, Enter name, number and IMEI as of *#06# click the button, it takes me to the "it should look like this" page. Then badword all happens :/

Guest mancat

I'm having exactly the same problem. It's getting right on my tits. I contacted Orange through their website 3 days ago - still waiting of course.

Well I got it to work a little while after posting that... just gonna put it down to "one of those things". Have just done the rom update though... so have a feeling am about to go through it all again :/

Guest martin
can I use the unlock through Orange, even if I have a O2 Sim in the phone?

Yep :D

If you don't presently have FULL GPRS internet then use your PC internet connection instead.

Simply go to Settings-Data connections and change Internet connection to pass through. Also make sure that IE is set to use the Internet connection.

When surfing there should be no G and arrows next to the signal bars.

Go to OTA and fill in the details (keep phone connected to PC pass through and wait for text message.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.