OTA Unlock, a new site, a new location.

Guest Will

Guest Elvenhunter

Hi all...

I just cant get the freakin' lock away....

I tried it several times, with OTA and it still doesn't work.

i already downloaded the Registration Application and it says:

I tried to register but it doesn't seem to register...

I'm using an regular SPV with rom version 1.6.3.11 in the dutch Orange network

Can anybody help me?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

A few of the common problems:

Are you using the full country code in your phone number? Try redownloading and running Action Register on your phone again. Try connecting your phone to GPRS then running through the unlock site.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest madhatter2k

I can't find a working link to unlock an original SPV, can anyone help? I've tried the links posted in the first message, though nothing happens. i do get to the page showing the screen i SHOULD see, but i don't get any actual messages.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pierre

Doesn't work at all for me (tried with 4 SPVs...) I have to request a tool by e-mail all of the time. I also tried the tool available on "Coolsmartphone" wich works nicely.

• 1 month later...
Guest digitalburnout

Hi everybody,

After installing rom upgrade I have been unable to de-certify my E200 using OTA, I tried action register to see if phone was registered - it was, also states lock is running despite trying OTA several times including after a hard reset. Any suggestions? Thanks

Guest Disco Stu

Usual stuff.

Have you connected to internet since ROM upgrade / hard reset ?

Have you entered the full IMEI number (check by putting *#06# into the keypad) ?

You did mean the Orange 2.7.1.1 upgrade ?

I didn't have any problems so I'd just recommend you keep trying

Guest digitalburnout

Hi Disco Stu,

Yes latest Orange update, had already connected to the internet after reset, weird thing is that straight after the OTA unlock has completed the phone re-locks almost immediately.

Found that out by opening action register and actually watched the lock prompt change from not running to running.

Every cab I have tried after OTA has so far failed.

Can i connect the SPV C500 via my PC to internet (active sync ) and if yes, how to ??? thx

I'm guessing it's the same as the other smartphones. Set the data connections for the internet to automatic and when you've synced it should connect through pc :)

Guest stephen.gazard

I have the c500 have unlocked using OTA all seems ok - get the message to confirm but when I try and install 'companionlink' cab I get an error message saying the cab file is not intended for this device ! Any ideas?

I have the c500 have unlocked using http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=102618>OTA all seems ok - get the message to confirm but when I try and install 'companionlink' cab I get an error message saying the cab file is not intended for this device !  Any ideas?

It is a syncrhonisation program for use with ACT and Goldmine and Pocket PCs

You've answered your own questions ](*,)

Guest stephen.gazard

Sorry am I being stupid then does none of the following relate to the software running on the spv?

'Works with these popular devices:

iPAQ

Dell Axim

HP Jornada Pocket PCs (Handheld PCs not support)

Toshiba (all models)

Casio Cassiopeia (excluding E-115/E-125/EM-500)

Devices running on Pocket PC phone edition

Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PCs '

Guest Disco Stu

'Fraid not mate.

I made the same mistake this morning with a game linked from msmobiles' site. :roll:

I refer you to your last line. Pocket PC software is based on stylus operation rather than keypad. It will often crash your phone when you try to install it. "Phone Edition" refers to a PPC with phone hardware included. A Smartphone is a phone with some PDA bits inside.

Guest DigitalSpectre

Hey everyone, I have a question about this process.

Ive been to the orange site and entered all the details, but what happens next? My phone is an E200.

It keeps making random connections to gprs now, is that the unlocking process?

Can someone spread some light please.

D.S.

Guest Disco Stu

Not really , no.

You should get a confirmation message on the phone screen to say it's unlocked. Have you had yours ?

If not I would suggest having a quick read of this thread and trying again.

Make sure you follow the instructions carefully :wink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.