OTA Unlock, a new site, a new location.

Guest Will

Ahhh! I've never got this to work since the first time I got a smartphone. I'm now using my mpx200 (2002) and I downloaded the regisrty apllication thorugh my phone (gprs) and I still ge this message everytime

Sorry but we are unable to find the IMEI number that you have entered on our database. bla..

Are Orange just not willing to add me to their database

edit/ Just noticed there is a program in my phone called "orange register" nothing seems to happen though. :)

Ahhh! I've never got this to work since the first time I got a smartphone. I'm now using my mpx200 (2002) and I downloaded the regisrty apllication thorugh my phone (gprs) and I still ge this message everytime

Are Orange just not willing to add me to their database

edit/ Just noticed there is a program in my phone called "orange register" nothing seems to happen though. :)

Same with me here... I tried with many SPVs and finally the only solution is to send them an e-mail and wait till they finally dare to send me an app that will do the job. But I'm impatient so I always end up installing the patch available on www.coolsmartphone.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WhoIsThisGuy?

My first post - hey people! :)

C500 bought yesterday, unlocked fine, no problems. Fired up web page, followed steps, clicked OK, 10 seconds later screen on my phone to advised unlocked. Ace.

Ah ha some progress. E-mail from Orange developers, wanted to know my imei number and they'll send me a file in a few days (fingers crossed)

They sent me yest. a .zip, but it's empty.......... Waiting again.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Do you get the message on the PC saying that your phone will be unlocked sortly?Do you get the message on the PC saying that your phone will be unlocked shortly?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got mine to de-certify after a number of attempts.

However, the first time i unlocked it i shifted a load of the lnk files into 3 folders, i think i did this by moving the files around in

StoragewindowsStart Menu

I've tried this again, but all the folders are empty. which is a bit weird.

any suggestions..

• 3 weeks later...

Got the message to wait and security will be disabled (i will receive etc etc) but nothing happens. I managed to unlock it with OTA one time before hard reset. Now I need to unlock it again and it doesn't work! suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I have got a C500 and have tried to unlock it twice this lunchtime,

both times i got throught the process on the orange site and everything is fine,

My phones connects to the internet and i get the message your phone has been security disabled but when i then try to run a NES Rom from coolsmartphone.com it still says...

this is not a valid windows CE application.

Any ideas.

Guest dearsina

Make sure you've downloaded the right version of the Emulator. There are several out there for pretty much every PDA/Phone/whatever.

If your phone was locked, you would have gotten a message that goes something like this "The security settings havent been disabled..."

sina

london

HELP !

Got the below, 4 times now... Mine (C500) is unlocked and is on Voda now... All GPRS and WAP now working on Voda... Can I still get this to work, or do I need to set everything back onto Orange and put an Orange SIM Back in ?

Update SPV

Sorry but we are unable to find the IMEI number that you have entered on our database.

If you are certain that the details you have entered are correct, consult the following solutions:

1. Your SPV has connected to the Internet at least once

Connection to the Internet enables us to automatically register your details, so that your device is identified prior to unlocking.

If this is not the case, please make an Internet connection now.

maxmix

Guest dearsina

Try downloading that Action Register program and see what it says about your IMEI status. I think I've read about people who have unlocked it off Orange, even off the UK, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, two other things that also help:

1. Put in the ENTIRE IMEI, as in the one you get from *#06*, not any other source, they sometimes differ a couple of digits (checksums).

2. Be on the internet (GPRS) while doing the whole thing, sometimes that helps.

But you're probably right about not being on Orange being the source for all of this. Have you ever surfed the net with the Orange SIM? Maybe that's all it takes, surf the net once with an Orange SIM so it registeres the IMEI in Orange database and then go back to Voda and unlock away.

sina

london

Your a star dearsina :lol:

Put an Orange SIM in (Never been done before, Straight out of the Orange box, Unlocked and on Voda) Reconfigured the handset to Orange Wap from Voda Wap... Put the 17 digit.... (Yes the full 17 digit IMEI) obtained from *#06# and WOWZA.... Your handset will be unlocked in 5 mins...

Thanks again...

PS I had the handset on Orange home page (Wap connected) so I don't know if this is necessary or now... But it worked on this C500 100%

Guest dearsina

One little note, mostly for future reference: It's not until you see the "Your handset has now been unlocked" screen on your actual mobile that your phone has been software decertified. Sometimes it takes a few minutes.

sina

london

Thanks for the whole tip on the wrong emulator, i got it off coolsmartphone.com and others say they got it working, but who knows.

I will see what others i can find

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.