OTA Unlock, a new site, a new location.

Guest Will

Guest yarod_g14

Hello people,

I hope someone can help with my replacement 6.7.1.1 E200!

I have had countless Spv's e100's e200's go through my hands in the last couple of years. In that time I have never had 1 problem decerting the phones.

Yesterday I called orange care and got new phone sent out as the buttons were xxxxxxx.

I recived it all nice clean and shiny this morning and I immidiatley looked to update the ROM as I have always needed to on replacement sets.

This phone came with 6.7.1.1 operator ROM so I didnt need to.

I thought "great" what nice guys they are at Orange. I then tried to copy back my start menu and as I should have expected ERROR!!

Files are obviously protected etc.

I then tried to run doom and its buggered. No access allowed doesnt even give me a message just doesnt do anything when I click. (I can play smartNES though?!?!)

I have this on my storage card which worked find on my previous E200.

I then spent about 4 hours on the Orange site attempting to Unlock OVER THE AIR.

This has always worked for me before. My IMIE number seems to be recognised and I am getting no errrors. I have spent ages going around the Orange web site on my phone though GPRS attempting to get registered with them(on 10 occasions, all today). I then spent another 3 hours working my way through MSDN, MODACO, COOLSMARTPHONE and every other smrtphone site I could find for another method. I found E200.zip which contains No Warez which I have downloaded. I then copied this over to my phone and tried to run it.

ACCESS DENIED.

Right now....I want to customise my bootup and startmenu. Later I plan to develop a database access utility. I cant do it at all :)

I can find no help on the orange web site.

A few people have mentioned that they have contacted orange and have been sent tools to unlock their deviced.

Could someone give me the e-mail address of the correct department or any other advice.

Thanks

(PS-I am currently Illll-up with flu, if I missed something really obvious please forgive me, my head is stuffed up)

Edited for 'swearing' by Disco Stu

Guest yarod_g14

Thanks for the prompt reply Disco Stu, I have been using this new link and I have tried it whilst logged into ornage world via GPRS and with just GPRS active also all I have listed above!!!

I am still unlockable!!!!

Do send an e-mail like this one to : [email protected]

Hello,

The Mobile Number of the SPV to be unlocked +XXXXXXXXXX

Daytime Contact Number +XXXXXXXXXX

Daytime email address [email protected]

Whether you downloaded the Registry application from this page yes

IMEI is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regards.

They'll send you an app that will do the job. If backlog, do expect up to 10 days for their answer... :?

Guest yarod_g14

Thank you very much Pierre. I have to say, I am baffled by the layout of the OTA page that I find here:

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

I find the option to unlock only. There is no menu bar at the top of the page as the author of this post mentioned. I simply have the option to unlock and nothing else.

I have been unable to find any link to any registry application.

I did manage to find E200.zip which contained No Warez from elsewhere but this gives me "access denied" when I try to run it.

**edit***

AHA "!!!!!!!

I found this link on another post:

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/downloaddef.aspx

This appears to be direct link to action register, which (unless I am suprisingly dumb today-)doesn't appear to be linked to anywhere on the Orange site!!

Im going to give it a go.

Yes you can always thry the AE, even I must say that it did not work for me, and I had to finally apply by e-mail to obtain the app.

I got the same thing like you, means this unlock over the air worked fine many times for more than a year when it suddenly did not work anymore... So boring. The good news are it worked again really fine with my new SPV C500.

just decided to give the c500 a try after a few weeks on the sp3i... pissed off about this decert issue as I have tried severral times following the instructions on the site to no avail, just insatlled the imate sp3 rom and all is well... besides the font is much better :)

rgds

jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Scotty89uk

I have a problem with unlocking the phone, it says the web page cannot be foun after I have went to the webpage to unlock it! can anyone help me?

Guest zombiefly
Which address did you use ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've been trying this link http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

the page is extremely slow, and never sends the unlock instruction.

I've done this twice before with my e200's and never had a problem. I've also read reports of the page not working on newsgroups. Is this site the only way to developer unlock the phone? :shock:

Guest zombiefly
http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

these two links are the same, but one defaults to unlcok the phone, and the other to lock the phone. Makes NO difference what you use!

The site is slow, but worked for me last night

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've tried both many times. it says it will send it, but nothing ever arrives.

i've retyped my IMEI number etc and still it wont work.

Sanity check, if my number starts 07711, i enter +447711 ?

Guest zombiefly

yep. followed instructions as detailed here and on the page.

i read above about Action Register. Am i correct in assuming that this is a program to manually unlock the phone? :?:

Edited by zombiefly

Guest zombiefly
No, it was to register your IMEI with the site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so, if i'm using the correct IMEI and phone number and i get the "your phone will be unlocked message" but then i get nothing sent to my phone, what is the next step do you think?

if i've used the internet via GRPS, i'm assuming this registers my IMEI to a database somewhere which is used by the unlock page? does that page give an error to unrecognised IMEI's or does it just pretend to work?

this is doing my head in.Such as stupid idea. Maybe next time i buy a tv the tv shop will tell me which programs i am allowed to watch on it. :roll:

Edited by zombiefly

it does give errors for unknown imei.

Give it another go, if it doesnt work use the contact details on that sire to contact orange. The can create a custom app for your imei

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried this several times with my C500.

doesn't do anything for me.

Tried being online with GPRS with no luck.

Is it even possible for me? I have Dutch Orange.

I have been able to install everything I like. but when it comes to homescreens it says I'm not authorized or something. very bored with the Ornage homescreen. someone please help.

Pigo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.