OTA Unlock, a new site, a new location.

Guest Will

Guest deudonne

Hi and help!

Just bought orange spv c500 without sim off ebay - my first smartphone -- and i love it! This is what i have done so far...

1. I upgraded it off orange website to 4.1.1.4 using my brother's orange sim card.

2. Sim unlocked it using imei-check (£20)

3. put my 'fresh' sim in it (for the cheap calls) so no GPRS only wap (which i havent got to work yet.)

4. Scratched off orange logo on handset with 5p coin

5. wanted games and to be able to customise e.g. get rid of orange logo when calling or typing numbers in

6. found this amazing website and started reading...

7. realised i need to 'aplication unlock' before i could do anything decent.

so my questions (if anybody has time to reply)

can i 'application unlock' without orange sim or the access to GPRS? If not (and i assume this might be the case) what can i do to get IN?

will this affect my sim unlock? (dont want to lose £20)

how can i back up data in case things go wrong? (cant do orange back up without account)

will a back up restore my sim unlock if I have to restore or 'hard restore'?

and (less importantly)

how do i change settings on phone to access wap service using fresh sim card? (apparently they will be offering GPRS later this year)

any help would be greatly appreciated. New to this, money was always the limiting factor - now i'm in and i dont wanna get it too wrong.

Yo - just 4 the record -- this site is dope.

D.

on mine when i go to the page and i enter my details and all that crap and click ok it just stays there it doesn't load or do anything, maybe its my internet connection thats messed up?

on mine when i go to the page and i enter my details and all that crap and click ok it just stays there it doesn't load or do anything, maybe its my internet connection thats messed up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if your trying to de-cert through the orange developer site, you will have to keep trying, it has took me two days and god knows how many attempt but i finaly got it to go through around lunchtime today

why's this developer site so slow? :x :roll:

i'm trying it with c500 for maybe 20-th time, but still the same.. got to the last page (unlock - "OK") and then nothing..

Anyone get this to work anymore. I got a new phone due to some issues with my last one and I have got through to the last screen a number of times but I dont receive anything on the phone to say its unlocked.

EDIT - sorted now you need the phone connected to your PC thru the USB cable when you use the decert site.

Edited by rekall

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 187Cop
Anyone get this to work anymore. I got a new phone due to some issues with my last one and I have got through to the last screen a number of times but I dont receive anything on the phone to say its unlocked.

EDIT - sorted now you need the phone connected to your PC thru the USB cable when you use the decert site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I confirm this.

I just Application Unlocked my E200 by establishing a pass-through connection to the internet using ActiveSync. I went through the steps on the developer website on my PC, and a few moments later I got the verification message on my E200 (which was sitting in the USB cradle).

Good luck to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest angela

Edit squall

Sorry for changing a post that i can tell you took a while to write, but the disable security app was leaked from orange and is considered warez. as such it cannot be discussed or traded on modaco.

I suggest you use the OTA site for any of the spv models or the mpx200. Failing that contact orange developers, or use the action register

Guest iankay1986

Hey guys is there any other way to do this? iv used the decert site before no problems! this time i got the unrecognised imei doodah... iv emailed orange but with no reply... i need explorer on there :'(

thanks in advance

ian

Guest Rapier

Hi guys,

Sorry for bugging in... I have the same problem mentioned above... When I try to unlock, I receive the page saying that the IMEI is not recognized...

One thing... this is THE THIRD TIME when I try to unlock the phone. The first to attempts were OK. Only this time I was receiving this IMEI thing. Till now I did the operation without problem and I've used the sugestion AWARNER gave, that is, to use a passthrough connection.

I had to reset to factory defaults and this is why I've tried to decert the phone again... I've used the same metod that worked before (2 times on my phone and I also decert 2 of my colleagues phones)... so it worked before. I was using the ActionRegister.CAB and everithing, still I'm receiving the same page with IMEI not recognized.

Could it be something wrong with the site itself, starting from a couple of days? I've tried yesterday till 0:00 (GMT+3) for several hours and today in the morning again... same result.

Please help if you know something about it. At least I won't try again and again for nothing... I'm just angry that I HAD a decert phone and now it is not working anymore.

[EDIT]

Forget it. I solved the problem by e-mailing them my details and IMEI. I got that Security Disabling Software from them and I could do the trick. Anyway, they seem to have a problem with the site lately. Many people are having the same issue

[EDIT]

Many thanks

Edited by Rapier

Guest McCune

My app.unlocking problem was also solved by e-mailing OrangeSupport.

They created a program specialy for me :D

Think thats the only solution for people who own a C500... ..as far as I know of :D

Guest elhornet
Is this the same for the c500?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This thread is a bit long for me to skip through looking for a similar problem to mind, but I've just got the Orange Register app downloaded via GPRS, my phone number and IMEI show up fine and it says - Registerd : YES.

Problem is I can't do anything else, like click on Options. Key presses do nothing and after eventually getting back to my homescreen my C500 is running like a slug. Did this do anything? Where do I go from here?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Once you have your phone registered you then need to go back to the

developers site to do the actual unlocking.

As mentioned above though the site is having some problems.

Guest elhornet

Heh, sent an email to customer support today and got a guy calling me asking for £20 to SIM unlock my phone. Had no idea what I was talking about in regards to Application Unlocking, although he was the second guy who called me and the first one was on the money.

This sure was easier when I got my E200 ;]

Guest rekall

Same ere - got another C500 today after complaining about the dust and now it wont decert as it wont recognise my IMEI ;) have emailed Orange a number of times but no response as yet - arrghh :D

Guest stretchy
Hi guys,

Sorry for bugging in... I have the same problem mentioned above... When I try to unlock, I receive the page saying that the IMEI is not recognized...

One thing... this is THE THIRD TIME when I try to unlock the phone. The first to attempts were OK. Only this time I was receiving this IMEI thing. Till now I did the operation without problem and I've used the sugestion AWARNER gave, that is, to use a passthrough connection.

I had to reset to factory defaults and this is why I've tried to decert the phone again... I've used the same metod that worked before (2 times on my phone and I also decert 2 of my colleagues phones)... so it worked before. I was using the ActionRegister.CAB and everithing, still I'm receiving the same page with IMEI not recognized.

Could it be something wrong with the site itself, starting from a couple of days? I've tried yesterday till 0:00 (GMT+3) for several hours and today in the morning again... same result.

Please help if you know something about it. At least I won't try again and again for nothing... I'm just angry that I HAD a decert phone and now it is not working anymore.

[EDIT]

Forget it. I solved the problem by e-mailing them my details and IMEI. I got that Security Disabling Software from them and I could do the trick. Anyway, they seem to have a problem with the site lately. Many people are having the same issue

[EDIT]

Many thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this software imei specific or could someone post it here for other users in need?

Regards stretch

Guest Rapier

Hi guys,

McCune, it seems that the Security Level application sent by Orange is NOW the only solution. In the past (say one month ago), it worked without it just by using the site and Orange Register application. As I said, they could have a temporary problem with the site or, as someone mentioned in a post, they want to "control" how many people are appl unlocking their phones, therefore the site is not working and you have to email them in order to get the "personalized" application

Stretchy, as Pzee says... it is IMEI specific. No use of posting it.

Elhornet, the problem with the Orange Register beeing stuck it's happening only the first time when you are using it. It was happening to me almost every time (I don't know why yet) I've tried to decert my phone before. You can just power off the phone (even if you should pull out the battery - I did so once) and start it up again. The application will work then. I wish you luck, because if the site is still not working, that application will be of no use. You'll have to email them with your details and IMEI and get that Security Level application that unlock the phone without using the site. You said you've mailed "customer support" ... In order to get that application you should use the e-mail indicated on the site (it is somewhere on the bottom of that screen saying that IMEI is not recognized). Here is the one I've used (and get the application next day) : [email protected]

Hope it helped

Regards,

Guest elhornet
Hi guys,

McCune, it seems that the Security Level application sent by Orange is NOW the only solution. In the past (say one month ago), it worked without it just by using the site and Orange Register application. As I said, they could have a temporary problem with the site or, as someone mentioned in a post, they want to "control" how many people are appl unlocking their phones, therefore the site is not working and you have to email them in order to get the "personalized" application

Stretchy, as Pzee says... it is IMEI specific. No use of posting it.

Elhornet, the problem with the Orange Register beeing stuck it's happening only the first time when you are using it. It was happening to me almost every time (I don't know why yet) I've tried to decert my phone before. You can just power off the phone (even if you should pull out the battery - I did so once) and start it up again. The application will work then. I wish you luck, because if the site is still not working, that application will be of no use. You'll have to email them with your details and IMEI and get that Security Level application that unlock the phone without using the site. You said you've mailed "customer support" ... In order to get that application you should use the e-mail indicated on the site (it is somewhere on the bottom of that screen saying that IMEI is not recognized). Here is the one I've used (and get the application next day) : [email protected]

Hope it helped

Regards,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks mate, gave that email address a shot. Will sit tight and see what happens!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.