Agile Messenger 2.0 - New Version - Beta program available

Guest PaulOBrien

"]If you are on O2 PAYG GPRS, Agile and MSN won't work, as all web access is via a proxy server.

P

I dont really understand what that means, but is that definately always going to be the case? Would it be possible for someone to write a messenger program that would work on O2? Are there no settings I could change to make it work?

There you go Agile. Do what Paul said. Being able to use Messenger on O2 would be absolutely great for many people, seeing as the O2 internet tariffs are so much cheaper for GPRS than Orange.

Just to mention that it works on Orange SPV E200, Netherlands edition.

Nice piece of software!

Integration with an IRC client would be nice too (bit like Trillian on the PC).

Logging is another wish for now.

I'm in the USA on T-Mobile using thier T-Zones plan (not full internet access) with an original SPV and the 1.6 UK Orange ROM.

Here's what I see so far:

- When I try to connect to Yahoo and AOL via GPRS it doesn't work. It comes back with an error 'Bad Password', when I know this is not the case. (When purposely put an incorrect user account it gives me the same error)

- When I try to connect to MSN via GPRS it doesn't work. I get the following error: 'Failed to connect to MSN service. Please verify your username/password/internet connection'

How can I connect using passthrough to see if that works? I swore I was able to do this in older versions and this was actually how I got the old version to work, unless I'm thinking about a different program (by first setting it up through passthrough and then after that it worked on GPRS). I can change my pocket internet explorer settings and browse the net via passthrough, but I get the small G when using Agile??

there is now a new version and it downloaded the new update which looks like the old version :? but i did like the auto update feature :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest Falstaf

The Traffic counter seems to be off by a few miles..

I left it on over night with MSN active, 7+ hours and it was still online when i woke up.

I tried sending a message to it just to verify that it was still online, it arrived in a few seconds.

The wierd thing is that the counter says that its used a total of only 9.2kb, including the logon i did yesterday!?

Guest chrisc28

Why do I get this error all the time?

"Error adding item (item probably exists in your list)"

Does someone know what is wrong? It never happened with the old version.

Guest kooKyGuY

I wasn't sure, where to report, a problem, with Agile messenger, for the pocket pc, So I thought i would do it here. :lol:

When sending a message to someone using Trillian, from Agile, on icq, the person on Trillian, sometimes gets a warning message, that the person sending the message, is using an old version of icq. Some of the messages sent, are messed up and some don't go through also. Does Agile, have an email address, to send reports too?

Overall, it is a great program.

Guest badboy4life

I'm using Agile on my 7650 with o2 sim and although it won't work over GPRS it works fine using just a csd data call and when i was using my SPV with o2 MSN Messanger worked fine again using a normal csd data call.

It's a killer app!

I have problems when chatting with Windows Messenger (v4 and v5):

If on the PC I close the chat window then the following messages sent from spv never arrive on the pc.

It would be nice if it could detect the sounds profile settings of the phone and accordingly enable/disable the ring on new messages

Caio

I'm using Agile on my 7650 with o2 sim and although it won't work over GPRS it works fine using just a csd data call and when i was using my SPV with o2 MSN Messanger worked fine again using a normal csd data call.

Tried that, still no luck.

that works for me (using a csd or old wap style connection to do messenger) however it doesnt work with GPRS which is cheaper, faster, and just generally easier!

Im using a pay-as-you-go O2 sim card, so it must be technically possible?!? can somebody sort something out? either a setting problem or a program to fix such problems?!?

if not somebody should make a smartphone-able version of www.e-messenger.com (a web based msn messenger).

Im pretty sure something could be done?!?

this version is great. a really pleasing improvement on the old version.

but ............... (isnt there always one) ..........

it would be nice if you could edit the connections prior to connecting

personally i dont like the smileys, simplistic ones would be nice (IMO)

other than that, i think its great (or have i already said that ?!)

that works for me (using a csd or old wap style connection to do messenger) however it doesnt work with GPRS which is cheaper, faster, and just generally easier!

Im using a pay-as-you-go O2 sim card, so it must be technically possible?!? can somebody sort something out? either a setting problem or a program to fix such problems?!?

if not somebody should make a smartphone-able version of www.e-messenger.com (a web based msn messenger).

Im pretty sure something could be done?!?

Are you on the normal O2 PAYG tariff or are you on the internet tariff with 300 free WAP minutes and 300 free texts?

this version is great. a really pleasing improvement on the old version.

but ............... (isnt there always one) ..........

it would be nice if you could edit the connections prior to connecting

You can - just select the option not to automatically connect on start up :wink:

Are you on the normal O2 PAYG tariff or are you on the internet tariff with 300 free WAP minutes and 300 free texts?

.. i am on the original PAYG tariff, my sim is a good year and half old, if not more. I recently GPRS enabled it by ringing up o2, so i dont have any special treatment.

Ive used the settings from the GPRS repository. Any ideas on my above post anyone?

Guest nikjensie

1) Swedish letters åäö doesn't show and messes up lots...

2) Hung the phone a couple of times...

...but other than that, an AMAZING product, well done!

Wanted features:

- Invisible mode

- Edit Contactlist names

Niklas

Guest kooKyGuY

My AIM contacts arent showing as being online, when they are online.

Have the ID I am using on Agile, added to my list, and it doesnt even show online, after I connect.

Guest nikjensie

First of all:

The Swedish characters åäö seems to work fine on everything but ICQ-chats, how come? Is there a way to fix it?

Second of all:

HasoOon, try to learn how the program works before you come down on it's functionality. Agile Messenger is the program I use mostly on my phone, and having tried ALL Messengers out there on PC platform I can tell you that this is a VERY well made program with most of the functions a Mobile Messenger needs. Also, it's free! I see all these program come out that they charge way too much for (in my opinion all phone programs should be free, especially the ones that come out on the market very unstable).

Agile-people, keep up the good work and see what you can do for us Swedes out there using ICQ in your software. THANKS!

Niklas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.