"Back Key" keeps repeating

Guest ospre

Guest ffr3ality

ryt lol let me confirm this, dnno how old thread is i aint looked

this is a known problem, ive sent 3 SPV E200 back because of this problem and when you ask them,the customer service team will always tell you, you are the only person that has had this problem. I think they are trying to hide something about a big problem with the SPVS

another problem is that my phone has twice downgraded itself to windows 2002, it has happened with the last SPV i had and it has just happened 1 minute ago so i am going to ring up orange and again complain, this time try and get a phone swap for another model,

anyway im gonna go and throw it against a wall now so bye bye

Guest tolsky

I had this problem intermittently. V.annoying on sms-writing, cause you have to remember to press a button just after deleting a character, and occasionally you forget - there goes 2 lines of text as you grapple frantically to stop it.

Anyway, I fixed the issue very simply by telling Orange. I got the impression they'd heard this fault before. Anyway, the next day I get biked a new one. Faulty phones don't get charged for on Orange Care so no loss for me. Well...

Only one problem with that. No such thing as a true backup on the E200. Why not? Or has anyone written one. I would buy it! :twisted:

Guest tolsky
I have the same problem with the back key. Does anyone know what are my options if I don't have orange care?

I would get it! Orange care that is. Live with the annoying back key for a week (or however long they require no claims to be made) and then claim. That way you don't lose your phone completely.

Cause your alternative is to go into where you bought the phone (actually any orange branch) and let them deal with it. they will send it off to a repair centre, maybe give you a loan phone, and you'll get it back a day or two later. you have a year from date of purchase to do that i would imagine.

otherwise your alternative is to try one of the bending methods mentioned in previous threads, or take it to an independent repair centre (money).

Guest tolsky
@tolsky

Thanks for the reply!

If I take it into an orange shop within a year, is the repair then free?

Sure. I took mine in, and they asked if I had Orange Care. I said yes, they said, well that's better becuase if we fix it you'll be without your phone for a day or two. After all, its faulty merchandise - everything has a guarantee. Don't quote me on the year being valid for all products, but yes your repair will be without charge. Or phone 150 and moan at them. should be same thing.