Who bought their phone in the UK recently?

Guest Pulse

HI I just got my MPX200 last week. from Phones4U shop. 25 quid /month 200 mins 50 texts on o2. You can change the plan after 3 months. The phone was free and its completely unlocked. Software and network..... I just have to figure out how to use it. This site doesn't fill me with confidence over the phone. Alot of messeges about crashing and locking up. The interface is crappy. I'm used to the XDA2. But size matters hence the MPX200!! Can anyone answer any of these questions.........

is there any freeware to do these things..

proper exit X

notes program

word / excel editors

task - with catagory filter

today - multiple days cal+ like

small icons shortcut in today

ms reader

media player full screen video ffwd function

avantgo

wifi

keyboard ir/usb? for long notes

Thanks

Phil

Guest awarner [MVP]

proper exit X = yes

notes program = yep

word / excel editors =No

task - with catagory filter = not sure, can't remember :oops:

today - multiple days cal+ like

small icons shortcut in today = Play with the homescreen, have a look in the Customisation section for ideas to try.

ms reader = ?

media player full screen video ffwd function = get PocketMPV it rocks :)

avantgo = No

wifi = Not on the MPX running 2002 as it's not supported in that OS

keyboard ir/usb? for long notes = Not seen one

The place to go for freeware is www.monolithix.org

Guest Shuflie

MSreader = no but its no big loss. Get mobipocket which is a much better reader anyhow and the latest version lets you sync news pages to the phone as well (will even store them on the SD card), which kind of does away with the need for avantgo since some (though not all) of the avantgo channels are available for mobipocket too.

I got my square deal just before christmas, i'm on

Talk 200 with 500 txts (and yes thats 500 txts a month to use ANYTIME), if you dont like the internet (although cant understand why esp. if direct from orange) then ring them and u can get the same deal (telesales)!

I ordered mine through Orange Internet, they definately do the MPX200 if its not on there site at the moment that means they are out of stock!

When i ordered it was deinately only avalable through telesales and internet, but i wouldnt be supprised if they had extended it to orange shops.

Dave

Guest robw987654

For what it's worth, I bought my phone for £200 on Ebay, £11.99 to SIM unlock (via net) to put O2 online sim in. O2 online for £20 a month gets 100 anytime cross network minutes, 500 txt/125 MMS, .5Mb GPRS. Used Alphaflux's excellent decerting cabs from the post above and am vert pleased. Don't know if it's the best deal, but like to go for lower fee per month as hoping the phone will last. My old NOKIA 8210 did over 2 years and build quaility no where near as good.

Rob

Guest samandiain
Yeah. Just wondering what the best £25 a month tarriff was. Texts are more important than calls.

try asking for talk 30 and an 8 message bundle, with world access 3

that'll come to £27 a month,

30 minutes to any network, 130 texts, 20 MMS, and 3MB

drop the world access 3 after 3 months (first ones free!)

you should also still get any other offers - e.g. 120 MMS in the first month etc.

Iain