XPHONE?

Guest mikey2003

Guest pipiballs
i performed a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset on my xphone cos of sms issues, i seemed to have added alot of words into the t9, which annoys me when it keeps popping out. the phone firmware does not support 512 sd, which sucks. have to wait for an update, and somehow i cant seem to keep the back light on while watching videos. overall the phone is professional looking, comes with a free batt too which i just collected, but its really huge compared with my friends mpx200. if only it came out in singapore a few weeks ago i would have gotten that. funny thing is that its running windows 2002, and the firmware supports my 512 sd. also i heard that there is an OS upgrade for the mpx200, meaning its almost the same as the xphone! sad thing is that the mpx200 dont have bluetooth, and O2 sounds nicer.

Before u watch a video clip, go to settings, power managment, change your backlight to "Never Off". That should do the trick.

@dog  

How come you have an Xphone in Taiwan? Why not Mio 8390?

FRiC, I bought the xphone while visiting Singapore. I don't like clamshells for starters, it's very chunky and I was advised by friends in the know to go with the voyager over the Mio. The Voyager is a third attempt at a smartphone, this time with all the bells and whistles. I know alot of the threads on this site are devoted to problems with the handsets, but we are all pioneers, as are the manufacturers.

I am a little puzzled by people who are so amazed at the MPx 200.....it's so much smaller than the E200, doesn't have as many problems, better battery life, etc, etc........but it's dumb by comparison! :lol: Moto is smart to launch this new category of dumb smartphone (a "Brightphone"?), but it takes time for the manufacturers to put the 2003 OS together with camera, BT, etc in a way that works reliably. Clearly we're still some way away from Nokia-esque reliability, but I reckon pound-for-pound the Voyager is the most feature-rich, well-styled, fun-yet-frustrating gadget available! :)