RJTasks Homescreen Plugin! RemyJ has does it again!

Guest nickcornaglia

Will someone be able to put this into the new orange homescreen. Can't seem to be able to get it working
Can you give me a little more info about what's not working? Does it work from the sample homescreen?

Hey RemyJ 

Is already in my skin that I discussed with you looks and runs fine. 

Any possibilities to update my question HAHAHA 

Cool! Sorry, no more info. :)

I had the scribbles too after i modified the xml. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, copied back in my modified xml, worked fine after that. I have the i600. Great app  :D

The scribbles are making me crazy... Maybe it's like the mumps though. Get it once and you don't get it again. :D. I'm still looking in case it's a sign of something else.

No no RemyJ your plugin is fine, well not tried it yet really. I was simply requesting for this to be put into the orange homescreen by someone who would know how because it uses some sort of auto resizing feature and any extra plugin i put in won't show up.

No no RemyJ your http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin is fine, well not tried it yet really. I was simply requesting for this to be put into the orange http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen by someone who would know how because it uses some sort of auto resizing feature and any extra http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin i put in won't show up.

Ah, Gotcha.

Guest nickcornaglia

Remy:

I'm not sure if this is your plugin or my poor XML/Homescreen skills, but I can't get your plugin you show bold when selected. Can you tell me if I am doing something wrong?

Here is my default info before the scheme:

<default font-face="nina" font-size="12" font-weight="normal" padding-left="4" padding-right="4" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT" padding-top="2" b-border-color="COLOR_HOMERULE" b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT" />

</default>

<background bgimage="fizzy.jpg" valign="bottom" />
Here is the plugin:
<!-- RJTasks -->

<plugin clsid="{EE1DEFE4-6301-4510-9DE4-DF7333F4D4FB}" height="12">

<background b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#000000" font-weight="bold" />

</background>

<action target="tasks.exe"/>

<label x="0" y="0">

<text></text>

</label>

<label x="19" y="-2" w="176" halign="left">

<format state="selected"  font-weight="bold" />

<text></text>

<pendingTasks />

</label>

<label x="54" y="-2" w="176" halign="left">

<text></text>

<overdueTasks />

</label>

<label x="88" y="-2" w="176" halign="left">

<text></text>

<completedTasks />

</label>  

</plugin>

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

fizzy.jpg

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#000000" font-weight="bold" /> 

</background>
A format element inside a background element only controls the background. fgcolor and font-weight are going to be ignored here because they don't apply in this context. You need to use a format element outside the background...

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" /> 

</background> 

<format state="selected" fgcolor="#000000" font-weight="bold" />

Actually, you can get rid of the background element altogether now. bgcolor is already defaulted to "transparent" and b-border-width to "0" by virtue of your default element.

Great plugin! Thanks Remy!

re: features

I love the flexibility in presentation but I wish I could display today's tasks rather than (or in addition to) pending tasks and completed tasks.

re: changes not being reflected

In order to be sure that the changes made to the home screen will take effect, I found that it is best to switch to a different home screen and back and then restart. A bit of a pain but it works every time.

Thanks again...

Great http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin! Thanks Remy!

re: features

I love the flexibility in presentation but I wish I could display today's tasks rather than (or in addition to) pending tasks and completed tasks. 

re: changes not being reflected

In order to be sure that the changes made to the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen will take effect, I found that it is best to switch to a different http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen and back and then restart.  A bit of a pain but it works every time.

Thanks again...

I could easily add a COUNT of tasks due today if that's what you're looking for. The task text itself is a little problematic.

There's some strange stuff going on during homescreen changes that I'm trying to track down.

Guest nickcornaglia

</background>
A format element inside a background element only controls the background.  fgcolor and font-weight are going to be ignored here because they don't apply in this context.  You need to use a format element outside the background...

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" /> 

</background> 

<format state="selected" fgcolor="#000000" font-weight="bold" />

Actually, you can get rid of the background element altogether now.  bgcolor is already defaulted to "transparent" and b-border-width to "0" by virtue of your default element.

Like a charm. Thanks.

Thanks!

I've tried a few combinations of border settings and it seems to work OK.  I.E.  Bold only and no borders.  Are you setting the "selected" formatting in the plugin's XML section or in the homescreen's default section?

Hi Remy,

Never mind, one case of "b-border-width="1"" snuck into my homescreen defaults.. It just never reared it's ugly head before untill I added your latest marvel :)

Thanx anyway !

How did you get the 2 rows of program icons? Is that phone specific or can I do that on my i600?

Sure you can ! :)

As a matter of fact it's another great creation by Remy called RJshortcut, see this thread right here : http://smartphone.modaco.com/ftopic103913.html

I just two instances of this plugin after one another. :D

The icons are not standard by the way but the thread above deals with that subject aswell.

of course it would be cool but a) there is a tool here on MoDaCo than can do it and :D its sucking your battery even more then. i dont know if RJ can code that a little bit cleaner than 

i would love to have it but i dont know if it is really useful...

cheers, lutz

Oh yeah... I remember that one. It was buggy and very NOT customizable.. But it did do the trick : it displayed the task text on the homescreen (well, let's say it tried :roll: )

I would find that usefull by the way, I defenately need to be reminded of every g*dforsaken little thing that needs doing :) :D

Yeah - the previous tasks plugin was revolutionary in bringing the text to the screen, but it lacked customisability, & I can only ever get the text to show in a crazy bold type thats quite hard to read. The author seems to have let the tasks plugin slip, which is a shame, coz it has great potential.

I'm the same as you mcwille - I need reminding of every thing I need to do!! What I really want is a notepad plugin - one that would show text on screen for any notes you put in, and give one click access to the notepad.

Dream on ...

...thats another problem, encece.

the idea of mx2003's plugin was that the tasks scroll through it which is very nice but eats your battery like hell. i would love to have something moving on the homescreen (and we will back with something, i promise) but really keep in mind that if it scrolls somehow or needs a freshup every now and then it will suck battery off quickly...

cheers, lutz

Where are you going to fit all of this stuff?

Yeah, that would be my question as well. I thought about this but frankly I'd never use it. I've always got more than one task pending and I'm not sure what the precedence rules would be. It's easy enough just to press the OK button and see the whole list. I'll keep thinking though.

I for one would be satisfied if it only showed one task on one single line. Or which would be customizable to show more tasks if desired. Which task would be displayed could be determined be some kind of hierarchy, for instance priority 1 : taskpriority. priority two : due date, etc.

Remy:

Here is my implementation:

Tasks:

looks like:

Tasks: 2, 8, 12

As you can see space is not a real issue.

I would simply add todaysTasks and I would likely remove completed tasks and pendingTasks because those counts are not all that useful to me.

I think counts are a great start and a list would be nice but only if it was like a real agenda view. This view would contain today's and past due tasks as well as today's appointments. It might look something like:

Mary's Birthday

8:00 Meeting with Remy

12:00 Lunch w/ Mary

o ! Call John re: this and that

o Pay bills

o Install Anti-Virus Software

o Order office supplies

In this example:

All day events first, appointments next in chronological order and then tasks sorted by priority and due date

red= past due

!= High priority

On my PocketPC I use a program called Pocket Informant along with a home screen plugin that has similar functionality as what I describe. DeveloperOne also has a product for the PPC called Agenda Fusion which does the same thing. BTW, both are excellent products.

To me this is what would be truly useful. The included calendar plugin is horrible and would not be used. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.