RJTasks Homescreen Plugin! RemyJ has does it again!

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest AdrianFRST

Nice work! :)

Does this plugin support the "padding" attribute? I have a default of padding-top="2", but this seems to be being ignored. It works fine on the other plugins.

I had the scribbling come up after making some changes in Outlook (deleted about 100 old tasks). Then I switched homescreens, and back. Then the text was italicized :?: ... Turned the phone off and back on, then it was OK.

I had the scribbling come up after making some changes in Outlook (deleted about 100 old tasks). Then I switched homescreens, and back. Then the text was italicized :?: ... Turned the phone off and back on, then it was OK.

OK, I think I can reproduce this now so hopefully a fix will be forthcoming.

Either I've set something wrong in my homescreen or there is a small bug. I've configured the selected state to have a bgcolor but when I select the plug-in, it looks like bgtext is coloured i.e. instead of the whole plug-in space background being coloured, only behind the text is.

Either I've set something wrong in my http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen or there is a small bug.  I've configured the selected state to have a bgcolor but when I select the plug-in, it looks like bgtext is coloured i.e. instead of the whole plug-in space background being coloured, only behind the text is.

I'll test it but in the mean time can you post your XML?

Ooops, my mistake.  I had the statement outside of the background element instead of inside it.  All ok now  :oops:

Great plug-in btw  8)

No problem, you're in good company.

..and thanks!

I don't know if RJTasks has anything to do with this but since around the time I installed it I am having a strange problem with my home screen disapperaing.  I describe the problem here:

http://www.MoDaCo.com/ftopic104712.html

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

If I can keep my DSL up for more than 5 minutes at a time, I'm going to post a new version of RJTasks that corrects a small memory leak and a few other minor bugs. I don't think this is causing your problem but you never know. Give me an hour or two.

New version posted. http://smartphone.peakin.com

New: Added , and elements.

Changed: Today's tasks are no longer automatically overdue.

Fixed: Timezones weren't being accounted for.

Fixed: Occasional "scribbled" or italics font.

Fixed: Possible failure of update thread on system color changes.

Fixed: Possible memory leak on system color changes.

Fixed: Padding formatting values weren't being applied.

Thanks for the new version! Works great and is easier to update since it doesn't seem to ever require a reboot to get it to display right. The new elements are perfect!

I'll keep you posted on my home screen issue and let you know if it goes away or if it persists. Who knows, maybe the memory leak was manifesting itself this way.

Thanks again!

I have another idea for you in case you are interested :)

It would be cool if you could specify color/hide based on state. For example: if there are no past due tasks you could display a 0 in black or not display it at all. If there are past due tasks you would display the color in red or bold or something else.

I have another idea for you in case you are interested :)  

It would be cool if you could specify color/hide based on state.  For example: if there are no past due tasks you could display a 0 in black or not display it at all.  If there are past due tasks you would display the color in red or bold or something else.

Interesting idea. I'll have to think about it a little.

New version installed and working fine here. Great stuff :)

(Did you 'tweak' the icon & text placement - I needed a few 'x' & 'y' values before but don't need them)

New version installed and working fine here.  Great stuff :)

(Did you 'http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak' the icon & text placement - I needed a few 'x' & 'y' values before but don't need them)

The plugin was ignoring any padding attributes you may have set in your defaults. That's now fixed so if you were compensating with x and y values, you won't need to anymore.

• 1 month later...
Guest jimmymacv

I set tonight aside to customize my homescreen and really spent a LOT of time trying to get RJTasks to work.... I even did a hard reset of my phone so I could start on a clean slate! I am very frustrated so I hope someone can help me with this:

I installed RJtasks on my MPX200. The dll goes where it should, the xml file is where it belongs, but when I select that homescreen, it hourglasses for a long time then aborts loading the homescreen.

I deleted all my completed tasks because there were many -- now there's only 14 and it still doesnt work.

I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong and I see by the posts that everyone else has gotten it to work !?!?

when the plugin refers to a clsid number, what is that number?

I've even tried taking a simple xml file and pasting the rjtasks plugin into it -- still nothing... the phone doesn't want to load the dll?

Please help!

Jim

Guest RemyJ

The CLSID is the unique string that tells the OS what DLL to load for this particular plugin. For RJTasks it HAS to be "{EE1DEFE4-6301-4510-9DE4-DF7333F4D4FB}".

Have you downloaded the latest version?

How many tasks in total do you have?

I'm not clear on whether you're using the supplied sample homescreen or one of your own. If the sample, did you modify it in any way? Can you try it unmodified? If one of your own, can you post the XML (just the RJTasks plugin section)?

Also, use the ActiveSync explorer and delete any *.hif files in IPSMApplication DataHome.

Guest jimmymacv

RemyJ,

Thanks for your quick response and for the information on the clsid... the number is correct.

I used the supplied sample homescreen to try rjtasks. I also tried adding the code to a different homescreen. When the code is in any homescreen, it doesn't want to load.

I have 17 tasks in total, 7 are overdue

I have the latest version of rjtasks (last update 3/8)

I deleted the *.hif files.

I am puzzled as to why it won't work. I was one of the people who joined in the request for this plug-in to be made but because I didn't have time to learn about xml files back then I never tried to install it until now. I can't wait to get it to work.

Jim

Guest RemyJ

Well, I'm puzzled as well. I've got more than 17 tasks so it's not that.

How about trying an uninstall and a reinstall as separate tasks. Actually, do the uninstall from the ActiveSync Tools menu then load the RJTasks sample homescreen. The homescreen should load with the tasks bit simply missing. Then reinstall the program package and see what happens.

Guest jimmymacv

Okay -- I uninstalled from the Activesync menu and loaded the sample RJtasks homescreen. You're right, it did load fine with the tasks line missing. When I reinstalled the program package, it reverted back to the previous behavior. I changed to a default homescreen and then back to RJtasks (with the cab installed) and it gave me the same problem... It reads the .home file (the background changes to red) but locks on loading the dll... shortly after it gives up loading the page and reverts to the default homescreen.

Jim

Guest jimmymacv

I found out the problem kinda...

It worked when I took out the image label:

I cannot find where they hid the tasks.exe program (or most of the exe files for that matter). I searched everywhere -- even hidden files -- and cannot find the tasks.exe file. It doesn't show me where the lnk is pointing to either..

Anyway, it works now, I don't need a checklist picture :D

Thanks RemyJ,

Jim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.