RJTasks Homescreen Plugin! RemyJ has does it again!

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest RemyJ

Glad it's working now. It shouldn't have choked on the image though. I'll have to look at the error handling code.

All of the system DLL and EXE files should be in Windows.

Guest jimmymacv

Yeah thanks for a great plug-in RemyJ!

I did find the tasks.exe file and cannot figure out why it causes the abort but I don't need a picture there anyway.

I have a wish though -- can you add active tasks (today's tasks, overdue tasks, & tasks without a date)? I use the task list to add future tasks (like get the car inspected) but they're not on my active list because they're in the future.

Jim

Guest tuongo

I was using the original Plugin (worked great). When I tried to update to the new version, I was having some trouble (no icons showed up in the top line). I fixed it by updating with the new xml file. Somewhere along the way something got messed up. :D

Now, no matter what homescreen format I use, the whole line highlights (instead of 1 icon, so I don't know which icon I'm choosing).

Any help for a newbie? Thanks.

tuongo

Guest RemyJ
Yeah thanks for a great plug-in RemyJ!  

I did find the tasks.exe file and cannot figure out why it causes the abort but I don't need a picture there anyway.

I have a wish though -- can you add active tasks (today's tasks, overdue tasks, & tasks without a date)?   I use the task list to add future tasks (like get the car inspected) but they're not on my active list because they're in the future.

Jim

I think that's what does. It's everything that's not completed.

Guest RemyJ
I was using the original http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin (worked great).  When I tried to update to the new version, I was having some trouble (no icons showed up in the top line).  I fixed it by updating with the new xml file.  Somewhere along the way something got messed up.   :D  

Now, no matter what http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen format I use, the whole line highlights (instead of 1 icon, so I don't know which icon I'm choosing).

Any help for a newbie?  Thanks.

tuongo

I assume you're talking about the RJShortcut plugin right? One of the recent changes is that it now obeys the selection formatting. So if the default for your homescreen is to set the background color of the selected plugin, RJShortcut will now be set as well. You can override this by setting the plugin's selected bgcolor to transparent as follows...

<plugin .... >

<background ...>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent"/>

</background>

<shortcutbar ...>

</shortcutbar>

</plugin>
Alternatvely, you can leave the plugin to hightlight but set the background color of the selected icon to something different so you can see it. Use the iconbgcolor attribute of as follows...
<plugin .... >

<background ...>

</background>

<shortcutbar iconbgcolor="#ff0000" ...>

</shortcutbar>

</plugin>

Guest RemyJ
Remy,

Pending tasks includes future tasks... I was hoping to see only today's, overdue, and non-dated.  

Jim

You asked for it, you got it. Grab the latest version. There's a new element that summarizes today's, past and undated tasks.

Also, I figured out what the problem with the image was. I goofed the sample homescreen. The "file" and "index" attributes should have been "filename" and "iconindex". I should have read my own readme. :D

remy

Guest jimmymacv

Amazing!!! THis is EXACTLY what I imagined as the perfect tasks plug-in... Thanks Remy!

Do you know of any calendar plug-in that allows more than one appointment to be visible?

Jim

Guest mwille
Do you know of any calendar plug-in that allows more than one appointment to be visible?

Rumor has it that Developer One is developin just such a plugin for use with their excellent Powercalender. Can't wait personally :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest charlwillis

I can't seem to get this to work...

I'm using an SPV E200 in UK, but although the installation appeared to be successful, and I can see the .dll in Storage/Program Files/RJTasks, I can't find an .exe and nothing (not even dots) appears on my home screen.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Guest charlwillis

And I should add, there's no home.jpg in my Storage/Application Data/Home folder either...

It seems like a really great plug-in - I'd love to get it working!

Thanks.

Guest RemyJ

The installer doesn't copy the sample homescreen XML file nor does it modify any existing homescreen XML files. To make sure the plugin is working, use the ActiveSync Explorer to copy the rjtasks.home.xml file to StorageApplication DataHome. You should then be able to select the RJTasks homescreen from ProgramsSettingsHome Screen.

If that works, you can either modify the sample homescreen to your liking or include the rjtasks plugin section in any other homescreen XML file.

There are no exes associated with homescreen plugins. The standard Windows homescreen processes loads plugins from the DLLs.

Guest charlwillis

Thanks for your help.

I'll try it when I get home!

EDIT: After a bit of fiddling, it's all working brilliantly - thank you! However, the only bit that doesn't work is the image. I've got the imagefile set to windowstasks.exe and there's a space where the image should be, but no image shows. Any ideas?

Also, a high priority task counter would be really great too...

Thanks!

EDIT 2: Oh no! I turned my phone on this morning and all my plug-ins had disappeared and the home screen had returned to what it was before I made all the changes. Thankfully, I kept a copy of my altered full.home.xml so I just copied it over to the phone again and it's all fine. But any ideas why this happened? Does this mean I can never turn my phone off for fear of losing all my lovely plugins?

• 8 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.