Theme Changer

Guest kjk

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Choose the one you are at ease with taking into consideration user-friendliness and of course effectiveness of the app. :D

Guest g4mb17

I've just posted 3.1 and a new theme pack:

"Changes: Supports AT&T customistions, MUCH FASTER!, fixed a bug where an invalid windows media player skin could be saved into the database, Forces contacts to reload with new settings

Now supports themes on a storage card! Put them in Storage CardApplication DataHome ThemeChanger will then try and change all the theme references to point to the new location, try it out by downloading the new theme pack.

Italiano translation, grazie Sergio Pillon and Tiziano D'Angelo who both sent in translations at the some time! Polish translation by Mateusz Stefanczyk, thanks!"

riki

PS : ThemeChanger

• 5 weeks later...
Guest rankinl

I am using the latest version from the website (3.3 Unsigned), and still seem to be having issues with the Media Player skin not saving. Is this a known issue ?

Looking in all the theme files which are stored for my own theme, AI2, Futurama, and Modaco3, there is no WMP information. I have added it by hand to the text files and everything works OK now, however when I add new themes with WMP skins again these details do not get saved with the Theme file.

Guest malka

:) I tried the theme changer, I find that it will only change the background picture, not the color scheme. The bar on top and on bottom just stay the same....any suggestions???

Guest g4mb17

Try installing this:

http://homepages.inspire.net.nz/~gambit/Th...nger3_4beta.zip

choose any of your new themes (not the ones that came with the phone) then choose "Save Current Theme" (note this will only work in english at the moment). It should then display a dialog saying:

"You have a custom colour scheme set, usually themes have their own colour schemes, would you like to use the default colour scheme?"

select "yes" and it should remove the offending colour scheme.

riki

PS there are bugs in this, so i'll try and release a full version soon

Guest chameleon

got the new version 3.3b, im a great fan of changing homescreen backgrounds, if need be, i want them changed by the minute!

However, can you make one where we can store the background pictures in SD card and the theme changer automatically accesses picures stored in a specified folder in the Storage Card.

Guest g4mb17

Try putting them in Storage CardApplication DataHome

I no longer have a storage card so i can't test the feature as much as i'd like, but it should still work fine.

riki

Guest g4mb17

i have posted 3.4:

Changes: ThemeChanger now checks to see if a color scheme is set with a custom homescreen, then prompts to reset it to defaults.

Have fix the Browse Background, so it sets the background black first, therefor images smaller than the screen don't have the last viewed images under them!

riki

Guest malka

I tried to download the new version of theme changer, it said that the compressed file was invalid or corrupt. Anyone have the same problem?

Really wanted to try it.....Thanks. :)

Guest sdssls

I have just installed Themechanger 3.4, Themechanger pack A and B. When I change theme inside Themechanger, it show a message in the main screen as:

"No home screen layouts can be found. Install a valid home screen layout and then select it using the Home Screen item in Settings."

Can someone please help? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Skookum

On Windows Mobile 2003 the storage card is no longer named Storage Card

It is now named: Mounted Volume

I have all of my themes located on my storage card at: Mounted VolumeApplication DataHome

Could you add this so that themes can again be stored on a SD card? It would be nice if this could be a configuration item as to where the themes are kept.

Thanks - nice program BTW!

Guest Brody

Welcome to the site Skookum :P

Mounted Volume is not a Windows Mobile 2003-wide implementation as the E200 remains as Storage Card...

Guest g4mb17

Right i've tweeked beta 1 so it should now look for the storage card, instead of assuming its "Storage Card", bottom line it should find your "Mounted Volume". i realised i missed one spot where its still hard coded, so if its a problem drop a line and i'll change it. anways hopefully that will get you going.

riki

Guest Skookum

I downloaded v. 4 beta 2 for my testing.

Getting closer - the themes are now located, listed and applied from the SD card, thank you for that!!

The only part of the theme that isn't applied correctly is the background image for the home screen. I imagine its probably a similar bug of sorts.

Guest g4mb17

hmmm, yes I think I see whats going on. Firstly my fixtheme() function, that goes through the .home.xml changes the references from IPSM and Storage to Storage Card is hard coded. and secondly, it looks like i will need to spend some time on the algorthum, as your themes will probably have Storage Card in them now, so I will need to add that. tricky tricky.

I presume you are leaving the "Background" listbox in theme changer to "Default"?

riki

Guest g4mb17

Righto, i've uploaded beta 3. I played round in the emulator with the storage card problem (i should really *get* a storage card!) and i think it should work now. That fix tidied up the code nicely, thanks.

PS what phone you running it on?

riki

Guest Skookum

I'm running an MOTO - MPX 200 and awaiting the MPX 220 with much anticipation!

Thanks for your fixes.. It's working quite well now! Excellent program!

I am leaving my background to Default as you have assumed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Skookum

Well, it's me again!

I switched back to WM 2002, due to battery life issues with WM 2003, and now am receiving the same problem I was with 2003 - the color schemes change, but the background image associated with the theme does not. I am running the latest beta 4 and all of my themes are still located on the storage card (now called Storage Card) instead of (Mounted Volume)

It's getting closer.