Theme Changer

Guest kjk

Guest g4mb17

larf, i should have known! Currently it changes from IPSM, Storage and storage card to the above three plus mounted volume, but it doens't change FROM mounted volume.

right i'll put that in and call it beta 5. I also want to add my code for loading Soundz Cool! themes too.

riki

Guest g4mb17

righto, i've uploaded beta5, it hasn't had much testing so it could be flaky. functionally its pritty good now. just sort out updating and the script editor.

Tell me if that sorts out your problem Skookum

riki

• 2 weeks later...
Guest allenwkkwan

Theme Changer is great. I download the v4 beta and the theme pack.

I have a MPx200 flashed to WM2003. The first time I run Theme Changer, the background is ok but the shutdown and start up screen does not change. I finally find that the WM2003 registry missed the

"storagewindowssoftwaremicrosoftsplash screen" key. I created the key and the 4 values (carriershutdown/startup, MSshutdown/startup). Then everything is fine.

I tryed then to add more themes. But now I have a small probelm. The themes, after necessary editing from 2002 to 2003 (like the hard coded IPSM), work. However, I cannot change the stuffs that touched the registry (like the :callalert, shutdown, startup) . I found a number of txt file under

storagemy documenttheme changer . Look like they are related , but I donot know how to make it work. Any help?

Guest g4mb17

I'll have to remember that first point, and hopefully add some code to cover that case, thanks for the headsup.

ThemeChanger was written to be independand of what the Main Storage volume is called, so it doesn't save either IPSM or Storage or Storage Card into the .txt file, which means the save file works

I should point out, in my experence most themes that have IPSM in their .xml file will work on 2003. but not all (eg the MSN theme by midnight). I have some code in the latest beta which should change those values for you.

So how to make it work: if you have say the key

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:CallalertBKBitmapFile

set to:

IPSMApplication DataHomeSmoothscreenv2exclam.gif

then the .txt file would look like this:

REG_SZ=HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:CallalertBKBitmapFile=Application DataHomeSmoothscreenv2exclam.gif

riki

Guest Prakoolio

Hi,

I have a mitac mio 8390 and when i try to install the theme changer, it says that i dont have adequate system permissions???

HELP!!!!!

(*~PrAkOoLiO~*)

Guest g4mb17

Prakoolio, sorry it's only for unlocked phones as it's free I can't afford the USD$400 to get it signed by etrust/verisign. PS what carrier are you using? i was aware that some 8390's were locked, but i've never heard what carrier(s) do this.

riki

Guest Prakoolio

Hi,

I'm on optus, but i bought my phone on ebay and it was supossed to be unlocked, well i guess it should be as its works here in Australia and it came from Tiawan..... Its the same with some apps i canty install them either says the same thing?? any advise????

Guest g4mb17

Sorry there is two types of "unlocked" the SIM unlocked, which your phone probabbly is, and application unlocked, which means you can run any app on it, it sounds like your phone is applicaiton locked, which means you can only run apps that are signed (eg by etrust/verisign) most freeware apps won't be signed, hopefully most commercial apps are. Only Orange in europe, verizon in US and an eastern carrier are locking their phones, most carriers don't.

riki

Guest Prakoolio

One more thing...

My battery doesnt even last a day i dont know wats goin on???? The max it will last on standby is 11 hours..

Problem is, I've yet to make a phone call! What's going on? (oh and I haven't used any apps either)

It keeps doing this with either battery I have. It's like the software is not reading the battery right.

Any ideas

PrAkOoLiO

Guest g4mb17

sorry i havn't used the mitac's so i don't know what sort of stnadby they have. the usual disclaimer applies. turn off bluetooth, make sure the standby timeout is short (< 1 minute). and maybe even remove the SD card

riki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sounds like it's well past time i got my a into g, and made the beta a full release. am i missing any features, or are there any bugs anyone has found?

riki

Guest schaggo

hi riki

you did a great job on themechanger, but I ran into problems trying beta 9 yesterday. the application cannot be uninstalled. I can reinstall it which is asking me to uninstall the older version first, which fails, and then the setup simply installs over the old version. but the application can't be fully uninstalled. I use a Qtek 8080 (spv e200).

another question: when does the bg-change sequence start? upon activation? eg. when I have a morning, an afternoon, an evening and a night wall and I start with a 6h intervall with the morning-wall at 5:45pm then the next change is at 11:45pm to the afternoon-wall? you should integrate an option to specify when to start the sequence. that way I could have changes exactly at 12am, 6am, 12pm and 6pm (or whatever desired...)!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Have you had any problems with old versions?

Can you turn off sceduling, reboot and then try an uninstall?

Lastly, can you try deleteing each file in the Program FilesThemeChanger directory and tell me how you get on.

The scheduleing starts when you set it, yes it would be good to be able to set the start time, i might look at putting a box in saying when it will next change (if there is room)

riki

Guest schaggo

Well, it's strange. I ran intro problems uninstalling it over and over again, but I couldn't provoke it willingly. It didn't work randomly, sometimes when installed from the phone memory, sometimes from the card. Anyway, it usually works somewhen, I can live with that since I don't have to uninstall the app :wink:

The timer-start-option would be great, I'd love to see that! Thanks for your work, I highly appreciate it and I guess I'm not the only one :lol: