Update: BlindLemon Font Installer : Enable Fonts

Guest MrMagoo

i've tried many fonts and found that not all fonts work on smartphone

and one thing more for those who have not english os on computer you have to use english name of fonts on your phone and not names you have on your computer in your language :wink: :wink:

and after install of app creat an shotcut in sartup folder :wink: :wink:

Guest carvas

hi there.

ive got a Qtek 8080 and i tried all the things possible but i cant install the fonts... :?

i installed the bladfont.cab file... i put the ttf fonts on windows fonts folder, i ran rapiconfig successfully and i even checked the registry with PHM registry editor and i saw that the value was set to the font i wanted...

i tried these fonts: tahoma, arial, arial narrow and lucida console... no success... :cry:

anyone has any idea? please...

WHEN YOU MOVE FONTS IN TO YOUR PHONE SOM FONTS WILL BE RENAMED TO SHORT NAME IN THAT CASE WHEN YOU EDIT YOUR REGISTRY ON YOU PHONE SO DON'T USE FONT NAME YOU HAVE ON YOUR PHONE BUT USE NAME IN PHONE REGISTRY THAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR COMPUTER

i've done that...

i always check the fontface name... and i put that name on the registry... is that ok insnt it?

HAVE YOU ENGLISH OS ON YOUR COMPUTER???

have you tried to creat a shortcut to app in your startup folder

Hello Mr Magoo,

Is it possible to create a little Howto file to resume the situation : phone compatibility, fonts compatibility, files and tweaks to download and how to use them to simply change the fonts or come back to nina ?

That makes only 2 days that you let us your app. on this forum and that makes 9 pages to read without being sure that we are using the right tool for the right phone. :?

Thanks a lot for this great app. :) :wink:

Guest carvas

no luck... :cry:

strange thing is that in the GDI, SYSFONT registry it appears the Bookman Old Style that i set up... strange... very strange...

could my Qtek 8080 be incompatible with this tweak?

i don't understand!

here's what i've done...

installed the BLADDfont.cab file...

copied the font to the Storage/Windows/Fonts folder...

update the registry.xml file to the fontface name...

ran rapconfig (that gives me a success message)...

reboot...

and nothing happens :roll: ................. only the registry is modified...

no luck...  :cry:  

strange thing is that in the GDI, SYSFONT registry it appears the Bookman Old Style that i set up... strange... very strange...  

could my Qtek 8080 be incompatible with this http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak?

i don't understand!

here's what i've done...

reboot...

and nothing happens  :roll: ................. only the registry is modified...

I USE THIS FONT ON MY QTEK 7070 AND THIS WORK GREAT AND YOU HAVE TO RUN BLADFONT IN YOU ACCOSSERIE FOLDER BEFORE REBOOT

HAVE YOU TRIED TO CREAT A SHORTCUT TO BLADFONT.EXE IN YOUR STARTUP FOLDER

Guest shadamehr
no luck...  :cry:  

could my Qtek 8080 be incompatible with this http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak?

i don't understand!

here's what i've done...

reboot...

and nothing happens  :roll: ................. only the registry is modified...

Yes, but have you then MANUALLY ran the Blind Lemon Font Changer software AFTER re-boot, and tried viewing the menus at a SUB level, that is for example, the Settings, Homescreen menu?

Until I placed the shortcut in my startup folder (see posts up above), my phone did everything the same as yours in terms of the registry, but did nothing for real unless I MANUALLY ran the program.

And even then, only SUB menus got altered.

But at least that was a start - so try that.

I then found however, that using the shortcut placed in the startuyp folder, that EVERYTHING works!

Guest carvas

all menus and sub menus and menus are with the new font! :wink:

i updated my homescreen too... it really looks nice!

oh and i've got the ClearType tweak too!!! Beautiful!

oh BTW... kjk thank you very much for that red message !  :)  

this is the best phone on market... undoubtfully!

YOU WELCOME

I NOTICE THAT YOU HAVE 49 POSTS ONE POST MORE AND YOU WILL BE REGULER FROM NEWBIE :wink: :wink:

Guest carvas

COOL :!: :!: :!:

i'm a regular member now!!! :)/ yahoooo

hmmm... one thing not changing... when i enter pin the same nina font and the in the start menu when i press menu the font is nina too... is that a font problem?

Guest nedge2k

Did you use the menu option to install into boot? and if so did it say it had worked or failed? can you see if there is an entry in HKLMInit for this app?

It said it worked but "boot vars" is only key/value in HKLMInit.

Okay, for those of you who are a little bewildered and still having problems... i'll list out the changes you may need to make.

1. Download MrMagoo's first CAB file. It will be marked as v1.01.

2. Install this application on your phone (NOT on your SD card)

3. Choose an OpenType font from your C:WindowsFonts directory. Note that the TrueType fonts don't work (thats my understanding anyway). Copy this font into your IPSMWindowsFonts folder on the phone. (Note: IPSM for SP2002, Storage for SP2003)

4. Dowload MrMagoo's very handy little executable RapiConfig. The RAR file contains an executable and an .xml file.

5. Copy both of these files onto the root of your hard disk (e.g. C:). This is for convenience.

6. Edit the xml file in notepad, to reflect the font you want installed. For instance, if you want to use Arial Narrow, then type "Arial Narrow" in the section where it says "nina". (Ignore the filename of the font you just copied to your phone, the XML file wants the actual NAME of the font).

7. Open a command prompt (Start > Run > CMD). Change directory to C:Temp (i.e. "CD C:TEMP")

8. Ensure the phone is in the cradle, and connected via ActiveSync. Type the following in the command line: RapiConfig.exe /p registry.xml Press Enter.

9. You should see a message telling you it was a success.

10. Browse your phone and copy the Font Installer shortcut that would have been placed in your StartMenuAccessories folder. Paste this into the WindowsStartUp folder.

11. Reboot your phone.

If i've explained this correctly, you should see your font in the Start menu, and any applications that use the standard system font. This includes SmartExplorer etc. Also, the softkey menu text should have also been changed.

To change the font for your skins, you will need to change the "nina" font to reflect the new font name in the XML files.

:shock:

May I also take this opportunity to thank MrMagoo for a fine tweak. :)

This is arguably the best tweak i've come across yet. And i've had an SPV/E200 for 18 months now. 8)

Guest MrMagoo
May I also take this opportunity to thank MrMagoo for a fine http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak.  :lol:  

This is arguably the best http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak i've come across yet. And i've had an SPV/E200 for 18 months now.  8)

thanks Mort :)

btw - RapiConfig is not "mine" - it comes as part of the SDK

Guest cclboss

Followed the steps outlines by Mort and got my O2 Xphone to work. Now I have Comic Sans MS on my phone. Thanks!! :)

Now, if only someone can point me in the right direction as to why my Accessibility menu has no font size option.....