Update: BlindLemon Font Installer : Enable Fonts

Guest MrMagoo

Guest drblow

I have found a couple of tuetype fonts which work on everything for the e200, except the start/contacts softkeys on the homescreen.

But after using the backtonina.cab - I am still left with one of those fonts when I open 3rd party apps (orneta notepad, binarys smartexplorer).

I forgot what the registry entry was for the original nina font? Is it just 'nina'?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@drblow

i think its "Nina". the 'backtonina.cab' will just change the nm value to 'Nina'. no fonts are installed to phone.

<characteristic type="HKLMSystemGDISYSFNT">

<parm name="nm" value="Nina" datatype="string" />

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKLMSystemGDIV1FontAlias">

<parm name="Arial:-14" value="Nina:-12" datatype="string" />

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKLMSystemGDIV1FontAlias">

<parm name="MS sans Serif:-13" value="Nina:-9" datatype="string" />

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKLMSystemGWEMenuBarFnt">

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKLMSystemGWEMenuPopFnt">

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKLMSystemGWEOOMFnt">

to remove unwanted fonts: rename your Fonts folder to FontsX, reboot, delete unwanted fonts inside FontsX folder, rename FontsX to Fonts then reboot.

Guest BrAGoL
to remove unwanted fonts: rename your Fonts folder to FontsX, reboot, delete unwanted fonts inside FontsX folder, rename FontsX to Fonts then reboot.

and it works great!!!:)

Guest nedge2k

Heres some pics of mine with a TTF. I've put the font in a .zip too.

One other thing, how do i get the program icon of BLAddFont to diplay on the fonts as well. I tried to create entries in the reg:

HK_Classes_Root.ttf"FontFile"

HK_Classes_RootFontFileIconDefault"StorageProgram FilesBLAddFont.exe, -2001"

but it doesnt display icon. Is "-2001" correct?

BN Dragon.zip

Dragon-Font.gif

Guest drblow

Cheers pzee!!

Is there any special reason for renaming the folder? I am able to delete the unwanted fonts without doing this. Maybe this is coz I haven't put the font app in the startup folder, so when I reboot, I have to launch the app before any fonts will work. Seems to work for me anyhoo! :lol:

This is just such an excellenbt addition to the tweaks possible for smartphones!! I'd just like to say again what a great job Mr. Magoo has done! Very much appreciated m8! :wink:

EDIT - also, a big thanks to everybody else who has helped out with this thread :)

Guest badboy4life

Wow, i'm busy for one day and 5 pages to read up!!!

Ok i've installed 1.01 and used the add to boot option, as with others still not loading up on boot, i've got 2 values under the HKLMinit refering to BLAddFont.exe:

Launch41 : StorageProgram FilesBlindLemonBLAddFont.exe - Depend41 : 1E 00 21 00

Launch42 : StorageProgram FilesBlindLemonBLAddFont.exe - Depend42 : 1E 00 21 00

Using the remove from BootUp Option removes the Launch42 and Depend 42 values

Works fine when adding it to StartUp folder, gonna change back to v1 because v1.01 stays resident in memory after boot. Loading in StartUp does change the start and contact buttons, using a ttf font.

Also by loading in StartUp fonts are recognised by homescreen straight away as opposed to having to change and reload it.

drblow: I found that if not loaded at startup then there is no problem deleting the font, only get access denied message once the BLAddFont has been run.

Keep up the great work MrMagoo - Hope this helps.

Guest sunny

hi all !

well i hope i'm not the only one...

i have a french SPV first generation, with 1.6 orange ROM,decert...

i've some troubles with changing registry values... i explain :

1) i've installed my fonts in IPSMwindowsfonts

2) installed bladfont on my spv

and then here we go for the troubles !!

i ve downloaded and execute the rapidconfig stuff (of course i've changed the values in the xml file)...

no succes message... "access denied"

well... doesnt matters

i've tried then to change values with PHM registry... and each time i tried to change its says again "unable to perform this operation"

finally i tried with ceregedit (sdk sp2002) and i've still an error message...

My phone is decertified !!

well i'm bored... any suggestions ?

Guest KingDaddy

Version 1.01 doesn't work for me on my AT&T MPx200 but 1.00 works great! I put it in the startup folder and the fonts are changed when the phone boots. Running it manually didn't work so well.

I couldn't get a font to work, but I'm still playing with it. I got Palatino Linotype perfectly but ParkAvenue BT didn't come up. Hmmm.

Guest nedge2k
nedge2k , the icon number is 105 - this is usually the case for evc++ 3.0 apps (for future ref)

Cheers mate. Works a treat.

/EDIT/ here's a pic :) :lol: :lol:

Little things.....

ss000.gif

Guest smooth1

Is there a list of which fonts work and which ones dont? I've tried a lot that dont seem to work. Someone said that truetype ones dont work but seems this is incorrect. :roll:

Thanks

i've notice that some fonts change name to shorter name when moving to smartphone and these work but some don't change name and i can't get these work

so simply when you moving fonts to your phone if they change name to shorter name these work :wink: :wink:

Guest nedge2k

The thing you have to remember is that it doesnt matter what the file name is, when you edit the .xml you need to put in the TypeFace name. I rename the filename to that too just to make sure. So far i havent come across a font that wont work. See the picture below that i stole from Mr M's earlier post.

fontsample.png

Guest KingDaddy

I think I've figured it out on my ATT MPx200. I had to:

1) Edit the registry or ise rapiconfig to change the reg entry.

2) Rename the fonts folder

3) Reboot

4) Rename the fonts folder back to "Fonts" and put in only the font I want to use

5) Reboot

BN Dragon looks really good!

Thanks for the awesome app!

Guest MrMagoo

New Version Release 1.02 - see first post in this thread...

The major change is that it will now process any configuration xml files (exactly the same as the ones used with RapiConfig) found in the Fonts folder.

This means that you can keep several different xml files with your settings and just copy the required version into the fonts folder , run the utility , select "Install XML" from the menu and reboot. (I hope :? )

So, all you skinners can include a system font configuration file in your installation cabs :)

I still cannot find a way to make the system swap fonts without a reboot - has anyone got a way of doing this that i can try and build in?

Guest MrMagoo

Deleting fonts :

I have tried to add code which releases the fonts so that you can delete them, but despite the api call returning success codes for this, the fonts remain in use by something and so cannot be removed :)

What I personally do is to rename any font file which I want to delete (change the extension to anything except .ttf or .xml) and then reboot.

this prevents my program from installing it and you can then delete it.

until i find a way to get the system to reload when you change a system font , i think we will be stuck with this sort of kludge!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Cheers pzee!!

Is there any special reason for renaming the folder?  I am able to delete the unwanted fonts without doing this.  Maybe this is coz I haven't put the font app in the startup folder, so when I reboot, I have to launch the app before any fonts will work.  Seems to work for me anyhoo!  :)

Rename the folder because its being used by the system. Since I included a link of Bladdfont utility to my Startup folder, my phone now makes use of the "Fonts" folder, thus I cannot rename/delete the ttf's inside. When its currently being used by the system, alterations in the file is 'not possible' (i think)

Cheers. :lol:

Guest MrMagoo
Ooopsss i don't read instruction i put it in BlindLemon folder :oops:  

why there is a xml in BlindLemon folder

If you read the first post again - you will see it is there as a template/example for people to work from :)